Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 11-25-2013, 08:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i convertible
What's my next car??

Hey everyone! This is my first post but im not new to the forums... Im writing hoping to get some feedback from some of you.

Here's my story: im 26 yrs old, and i currently drive a 2011 328i convertible-i leased the car bc i really wanted a z4, but since im usually driving w my gf + one or two friends i couldnt get a car so small. While i understand theyre completely different cars, what i wanted was a bmw convertible so i went for it. Prior to this car I had a 2007 328i sedan.

I love how the bmws drive and how you can literally feel the tires gripping the road-ive been a bmw fan since as long as i can remember so when i finally was able to own one i was thrilled.

Fast forward 5 years and, and its time for me to get a new car. Quite frankly i had never owned a 2door car and while i think it looks 1000x better than the sedan (i think the long doors look pretty slick) it's been a tad uncomfortable getting people in and out of the car and carrying things around. Also... (here's the hard part) i might be bored *gasp* of bmws? Not that theyre boring, but it feels like ive been driving the same cars for year. I know, i know...the convertible doesnt drive like the sedan, etc etc, but from the point of view of the driver's seat, aesthetically, not much changed after the refresh and even w the F30 it still sort of feel more of the same.

I know right now im focusing solely on looks, but could i just be tired of bmw's design aesthetic? I still have 4 more months until my lease is up, and im really wondering what to get. Perhaps if i go w a completely different car like the x5 ill get that sense of newness again. My other alternative would be a 5 series (which still feels sort of similar and i might be too young for it) or a C class to really change things up.

The part that would kill me ab getting a c class is that i wouldnt want to leave bmw, but i feel theyre not giving me anything exciting to work with. I do love the new 4series, but a coupe or convertible are out of the question.

I guess that what im really looking for are car suggestions, and someone to tell me that im no demented for thinking things have turned a tad stale w the current four door lineup. I know a lot of will prob accuse me not being a real bmw fan, or not really caring ab the way the cars drive, etc etc but i guess im the type of person that likes change and theres nothing wrong with that. When i upgraded from the sedan to the convertible i went ahead and got the convertible w navigation just so the interior would feel a tad different.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Ads by Google
Old 11-25-2013, 11:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 130i & E92 325i, E90 SOLD
A class a45amg... Look and performance in one package...
06 130i - ROCK SOLID Performer
MY11.5 X1 Xdrive25i
2013 VW Golf R - Rising Metallic Blue
07 320i - SOLD
08 E92 325i - Blue SOLD
Bicycles: Giant TCR Advanced Zero SOLD, Argon 18 Krypton, Argon 18E114, Trek Madone COMING
Old 11-26-2013, 12:05 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Sounds like you should look at the Caddy ATS or an A4.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 11-26-2013, 06:22 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 335is, 2015 X1
If I was looking for a sedan (which I never have in my 51 years) I would be looking at an A4.

BMW 335is, Le Mans blue with Black Dakota leather, Convenience and Premium packages, 19" wheels, 7 speed DCT, heated seats, Nav., Harmon Kardon Logic 7 stereo w/ Satellite radio.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:31 AM

Mein Auto: '06 330i (6MT, ZSP, ZPP)
Quote:
A class a45amg... Look and performance in one package..

Not available in the US. Closest is the CLA 45AMG which is just starting to roll out here. Nice looking car, great performance reviews, good mileage, cramped back seat though and hard to come by. Low production volume will make it hard to get one.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:11 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i convertible
What's my next car??

Thank you all for your comments...i actually stopped by a couple of dealers this wknd to check out a couple of different cars...i didnt go to bmw bc i have to go there anyway so i stopped by lexus, mb and audi...

My thoughts:
IS-interior is really bad...looks outdated.

GS-way too big

C class-this one actually felt alright, i dont mind it...my only hesitation is that the new one is coming out soon so im not sure if id want to wait for it or just get a good deal on the older model

CLA-not happening. Its wayyy more cramped than my current convertible, and my head nearly touched the roof. Exterior looks great though.

A4-im not sure if im wrong, but at least from the driver's seat it felt a little more tight that my convertible as well

A6-this one was great! A little big though, but great interior, and i think it looks more aggressive than the a4. I particularly liked the panorama sunroof bc it helps with that openness feeling i like

Ive driven the new 5 series, so i know that one feels great as well. Perhaps if i get it in a sporty color (have to play w the builder) i might come up w something that doesnt feel like something a +50 yr old is driving (no offense to anyone...dnt mean this negatively at all...im just not 50 yet).

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app