Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > BMW i3 / i8 / ActiveE

BMW i3 / i8 / ActiveE
Are you excited about the upcoming BMW i3 or i8? Interested in learning more about the BMW ActiveE? This is the place for you!

Old 12-16-2013, 07:06 AM
Fest Wrks

Mein Auto: 07 335i coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by skier View Post
Tesla S has been on the market for less then two years. Your are confusing it with Tesla Roadster, which in reality a Lotus Elise is disguise.

I was referring to both production models, more of the company as a whole
Black Sapphire 6MT
BMS JB+ & DCI
Turbosmart BOV
Old 12-16-2013, 07:09 AM
Fest Wrks

Mein Auto: 07 335i coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
Both Tesla and i3 are perfect cars for NYC. That's of course if you even need or want a car here. There are plenty of Teslas in Manhattan.

These are cars for a big metropolis (or otherwise second cars) not for places like Camden or Philly. Think NYC, Tokyo etc...
well philly is a big metropolis area but I see where you're coming from. They seem like they fit on oversees city streets more than ours, but I just don't see this taking off here.. Then again I could be completely wrong. We'll have to wait and see
Black Sapphire 6MT
BMS JB+ & DCI
Turbosmart BOV
Old 12-16-2013, 02:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: e90 m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
Actually there have been reports on other forums and possibly some YouTube vids indicating the Model S with the big battery pack does have the 0-60 time to match an M5 and possibly beat it. I haven't heard anything about its handling though. 0-60 times aren't the all-encompassing indicator of performance. That being said, there's no doubt the Model S is a fast, capable machine. I might not like the way it looks, but I won't discount what they've done with that car.
everyone who says the teslas performance is so godly is out of their minds....its an electric vehicle...it does great down low and dies quickly and very quickly....look at the quarter mile times vs. trap speed.

i read in a test they were curious as to the teslas real performance and how fast it got to its speed limiter.....it was 12 seconds to 110mph and then 14 seconds to get to 130mph.....110 to 130 was FOURTEEN seconds....***** such great performance.

BPM stage2 + servo tune - POS exhaust - catless - driver mod (ongoing)
Old 12-16-2013, 03:33 PM

Mein Auto: e90 m3

crazy understeer in a "normal" turn in "normal" speeds at 5:51 in the video LOL...

BPM stage2 + servo tune - POS exhaust - catless - driver mod (ongoing)
Old 12-17-2013, 12:23 PM

Mein Auto: SLS, E39 M5, E30 M3
Which is ironic because Tesla made a big deal about buying IKEA furniture to save money. http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci....html?page=all

And I doubt he meant it this way, but if people can get a majority of what they need from an electric city car at 1/3 the price, then the i3 is a lot like IKEA furniture, functional and attractive at a dramatically reduced price.

Last edited by Carac; 12-18-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:19 PM
Ball Don't lie

Mein Auto: 2001 Dinan m5
I agree i3 is a POS. It doesn't stand for anything Bmw stands for. BMW stands for luxury and Performance and the i3 is short on both of these
Old 12-26-2013, 07:34 PM

Mein Auto: '11 Z4 35is
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeNun View Post
I was referring to both production models, more of the company as a whole
You need to refer to Tesla S specifically, Lotus sourced cars didn't have publicized fire problems.

Travel Photos

Join BMW CCA
Old 03-13-2014, 01:43 PM

Mein Auto: 428i
The i3 looks like a pug lol