Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 12-12-2013, 08:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3
Electrical problem

Not sure what is going on with my 2013 X3, but it has happened twice already. The TPMS comes up with a malfunction, all the lights go out for the radio controls, and heat controls. The display screen goes black and the heat stops. Not fun on a cold day when it stops working for over 10 minutes. The dealer said they have never heard of such a thing. I tried to take a couple quick pictures. Not the best quality. Any ideas or thoughts would be great. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	412211   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	412212  
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2013, 08:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Porsche, BMW
The controls you describe are so diverse, my guess would be one of the many computer circuit boards that control the car. Luckily you're under warranty. I would hate to try to trouble shoot an electrical problem on these SUV's.
2013 BMW X3 35i Carbon Black M-Sport
Old 12-13-2013, 06:17 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i-M Space Grey
Agree. For something like that, the shop computer is going to need to have a conversation with your car's computer. Just take it in and let them handle it.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3
I had my car at the dealer for the past few days due to a problem with the front struts. The front right strut and strut mount needed to be replaced because it was loose in the strut housing. While it was there, I had them look at this problem too and they said they fixed the problem. They replaced a faulty RDC Module. There was corrosion on the pins in the module. Hopefully this works and no future problems. Thanks for the comments and suggestions.