Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E39 M5 (1998-2003)

E39 M5 (1998-2003)

Old 12-13-2013, 11:31 AM

Mein Auto: bmw 528i
Exclamation frozen break for 528i

Hi, every one iam very happy comes do this web

i have problem with my 528i break ,i live in wisconsin and couple days a go in morning the break is hard and does not apply , after 45min engine run the break comes good , i thing the break fluid need to be chang and i chang but still same problem , also my vac line has problem when i go to dealer they say your booster has hool and the water in said and in cold weather froze you need to change booster , what you thing guys , thanks for helping me,

thanks,
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2013, 11:44 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 335i xDrive Msport
Re: frozen break for 528i

I would say check with an indy mechanic too.

Also, turn your spell check on, this forum has lots of spell checkers in flesh and blood. They're going to tear apart your thread before you get any worthwhile answers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using BimmerApp mobile app

2013 335i M-sport xDrive 'Superman Combo'
Cold Weather Pkg, Dynamic Handling Pkg, Premium, Technology, Sport auto, Rear-view camera, Park Distance Control, HK
ED: May 28, 2013
Redelivery: Aug 12, 2013
Old 12-14-2013, 08:49 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehran View Post

i have problem with my 528i break ,i live in wisconsin and couple days a go in morning the break is hard and does not apply , after 45min engine run the break comes good , i thing the break fluid need to be chang and i chang but still same problem , also my vac line has problem when i go to dealer they say your booster has hool and the water in said and in cold weather froze you need to change booster , what you thing guys , thanks for helping me,

thanks,
based in the info you posted, i was thinking the same thing.

No need to use a BMW dealer if you have a GOOD indy
Old 12-19-2013, 12:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2000 528 MT
your vacuum brake booster has watewr in it that is frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehran View Post

thanks,
There is clogged drain in it. Indy can replace or possibly open the drain,
Old 01-06-2014, 12:03 AM

Mein Auto: bmw 528i
hi,

thanks for help me , but do you have any idea where is the vac brake booster, i follow the hose come to booster but i didn't see any thing , if you know any image for vac brake booster ,i will appreciate to send me,
Old 01-06-2014, 01:11 AM

Mein Auto: BMW E39 M5
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=21