Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 550i GT XDrive
Hamann Aero Kit

Anyone ever thought of or successfully achieved adding an aero kit to your GT or other German autos? In a previous post I mentioned that I'd looked into the availability of a kit from Vorsteiner and had had no luck. Rogue pointed me in the direction of Hamann and I found this. Not pictured are the diffuser/rear fender. I plan on looking further into this, I imagine to do it would be quite expensive. Thanks for your responses, experience, advice, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	412853  

2011 F07 550i Gran Turismo XDrive, BSM under 3M matte white and carbon fiber wrap on 20" black powder coated twin-5-spoke MSport wheels... Sport with Black Nappa, Exec, Camera, Convenience, Cold weather, Premium Sound, Rear Entertainment, etc

Advertisement
Old 12-30-2013, 04:28 PM
That Guy w/ the Modded GT

Mein Auto: BMW 550i GT DINAN Stg 3
It would look sick, but isn't an M-Sport kit retrofit cheaper? Also M-Sport it more aggressive IMHO.

BMW 550i GT DINAN Stage 2 w/ Many Mods... Faster than you think.
Hear it here...
And see more photos of it here...

Like my GT? I'm selling it... Click here

CCA Member: 477510
Old 01-02-2014, 03:15 AM

Good idea... I'm looking into it. I found an auto body shop in the suburbs of Chicagoland, A&L Autobody that said if I could find the parts, that I could use their discount with BMW to purchase the parts and that they would just charge me labor. Cheers.

2011 F07 550i Gran Turismo XDrive, BSM under 3M matte white and carbon fiber wrap on 20" black powder coated twin-5-spoke MSport wheels... Sport with Black Nappa, Exec, Camera, Convenience, Cold weather, Premium Sound, Rear Entertainment, etc

Old 01-09-2014, 11:37 PM

If you go to Ebay.co.uk you will find numerous M-Sport front and rears (and sides). Most of them just have minor scrapes that can be removed with repainting and refinishing. All you need to do is buy the OEM components from a place like TischerBMW.com and you should be okay. Hoped this helped.

Hear it here...

Old 01-21-2014, 10:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via ICQ to Rostman Send a message via Skype™ to Rostman
Mein Auto: GT 550Xi
I've got installed Hamann on my GT.

And now i bought set of 21" Alpina Wheels. Waiting for the summer.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:00 AM
GT = hi&bye

Mein Auto: 550i gt
I like!

I actually like this look... everything except the wing on the back.

Now where can we find the kit in the US? At the stealership? I looked on eBay and didn't see anything.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:53 AM

I'm from Russia so i won't help you with where in US you can buy it. The best way is to contact Hamann directly in Germany and they will send you the list of Hamann dealers in US. They are pretty easy to communicate.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:15 PM
GT = hi&bye

Mein Auto: 550i gt
Sounds good. Thanks for the info.

Anyone out there have the M-sport package, after the fact? Pics?
Old 01-24-2014, 04:40 PM

I'm doing the MSport retrofit in after this horrid winter we are having... I agree with Dinan_GT that it looks more aggressive than the Hamann and is cheaper... I do love the looks of our Russian friends Hamann GT though! As for the MSport exterior trim upgrade, I've priced it out and reckon it should cost around $4k... The most expensive parts are obviously the bumpers themselves which go for about $800 a piece... All and all the parts run about $2k (realoem.com), but come without paint... Will have to paint them BSM to match... Planning to then wrap the whole car in matte black and carbon fiber 3M vinyl wrap. It's going to look sick...

Old 01-24-2014, 11:57 PM

I don't know how much spares costs in US, but it can be cheaper then in Russia (cars costs two times less in US then in Russia). To retrofit M-sport package you will need just $4-5k for the spares and some more to have it repainted and installed.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:29 AM

Rostman, what did the Hamann kit cost you if you don't mind me asking? Can't wait to see those Alpina wheels! I'll me keeping my stock, MSport black powder coated 20s.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Old 01-25-2014, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRMTRPR550iGT View Post
Rostman, what did the Hamann kit cost you if you don't mind me asking? Can't wait to see those Alpina wheels! I'll me keeping my stock, MSport black powder coated 20s.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
For the kit with hamann springs i paid $4k and another $1k to have it paint and install everything on the car.
Be sure i can't wait to see those alpina wherls on my car too))
Old 01-26-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRMTRPR550iGT View Post
I'm doing the MSport retrofit in after this horrid winter we are having... I agree with Dinan_GT that it looks more aggressive than the Hamann and is cheaper... I do love the looks of our Russian friends Hamann GT though! As for the MSport exterior trim upgrade, I've priced it out and reckon it should cost around $4k... The most expensive parts are obviously the bumpers themselves which go for about $800 a piece... All and all the parts run about $2k (realoem.com), but come without paint... Will have to paint them BSM to match... Planning to then wrap the whole car in matte black and carbon fiber 3M vinyl wrap. It's going to look sick...
Awesome! I was planning on doing an M-Sport front conversion, but the car will be sold soon and I lost interest. I guess you'll have to take over for me as the resident GT modder

If you want, I'll sell you my H&R springs once the car is gone, or I can hook you up with a set. Also, don't forget those Black Performance Grilles

Hear it here...

Old 02-12-2014, 07:00 AM
figuring out my iDrive

Mein Auto: '11 535 GT xDrive
I'm looking at doing the Hamann front bumper take over on mine this spring if it ever thaws out. Gotta talk to my local performance shop to price it.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:59 AM
figuring out my iDrive

Gahhh...my shop is telling me fitment with Hamann is hit and miss. Nudging me to ACS.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexhair View Post
Gahhh...my shop is telling me fitment with Hamann is hit and miss. Nudging me to ACS.
They make a Hamann Rep Kit (front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts) for $1976 for the F07 GT. Just was released recently, looks interesting.

If only they made an ACS replica, I would happily get that. Because these aftermarket companies kill you with the $$$.

Hear it here...

Old 02-14-2014, 07:23 AM
figuring out my iDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DINAN_GT View Post
They make a Hamann Rep Kit (front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts) for $1976 for the F07 GT. Just was released recently, looks interesting.

If only they made an ACS replica, I would happily get that. Because these aftermarket companies kill you with the $$$.
I'm less about the $$ as I am the fitment. The shop swears by ACS for fitment.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 BMW 550i GT
Aero Function makes a nice body kit for the GT similar to Hamman, but cost only about $2300 from Carid.com. You can even get it chaeaper then that, the sales person gave me a really good price when i called to inquire about it without me asking. they're trying to sell so you might be able to save quit a bit.
[URL="http://www.carid.com/2010-bmw-5-series-body-kits/aero-function-body-kit-16504180.html"]
http://www.aerofunction.com/F07_AF_1_Complete_Body_Kit-b-details.aspx
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aero function.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	426533   Click image for larger version

Name:	aero function1.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	426534   Click image for larger version

Name:	aero function2.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	426535   Click image for larger version

Name:	aero function3.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	426536   Click image for larger version

Name:	aero function4.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	426537  

Old 03-05-2014, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCityGT View Post
Aero Function makes a nice body kit for the GT similar to Hamman, but cost only about $2300 from Carid.com. You can even get it chaeaper then that, the sales person gave me a really good price when i called to inquire about it without me asking. they're trying to sell so you might be able to save quit a bit.
[URL="http://www.carid.com/2010-bmw-5-series-body-kits/aero-function-body-kit-16504180.html"]
http://www.aerofunction.com/F07_AF_1_Complete_Body_Kit-b-details.aspx
If you don't mind telling us, how much did they quote you for? you can PM me if you wish to keep it private.

Hear it here...

Old 03-05-2014, 10:26 PM

i only inquired about the side skirts, rear lip, and trunk led spoiler, not the whole package, the total price is listed at $559, $559 and $399 which comes up to $1517 total, i was quoted $1200 i believe, its been couple of months so i don't remember the exact number. The sales person even put me on hold to talk to his manager or pretended to do so and he came back with this price for me and i believe it was including shipping to Vancouver, Canada... I believe you can even get a better deal if you try harder with them. to be honest i didn't buy the kit i only inquired about it, i didn't like to change the whole front bumper thats why i didn't get it im trying to find a front bumper lip to go with the kit, so i don't have to change the whole front bumper, i can only find Hamman which is $1000 for just the front lip.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:39 PM

i just had a son so i put all the stuff i was going to do to the car on hold. now am about to lower the car using H&R springs next week, then i'll install Vossen Concave wheels on it.. just waiting to lower the car first to decide to put 20" or 22" on.. after i might put the body kit on, i just want to find a good place to install it for me. i'll try to keep you updated.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCityGT View Post
i just had a son so i put all the stuff i was going to do to the car on hold. now am about to lower the car using H&R springs next week, then i'll install Vossen Concave wheels on it.. just waiting to lower the car first to decide to put 20" or 22" on.. after i might put the body kit on, i just want to find a good place to install it for me. i'll try to keep you updated.
Check your PM inbox for the message I just sent you.

P.S. Welcome to the modding club my friend.

Hear it here...