Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 12-18-2013, 12:22 AM
Apex Alchemist

Mein Auto: E46 325ci M package
Where can I buy oem sport suspension

I didn't feel like trolling through hundreds of threads just to get a tip so if you have a problem with answering my question then simply don't. I want to buy new control arms, bushings, tie rods, etc.. I also need the lower eyelid trim for the passenger side. Anyone know of a good bmw parts site with reasonable pricing that will have what I'm looking for... I'd also like to buy oem interior to change colors. Thanks ahead for any help and a good _.l.. to anyone who thinks they're funny with their smart ass comments.

Sent from my HTC One
Advertisement
Old 12-18-2013, 12:35 AM
Bossin' hard

Mein Auto: 2003 330i
I find it funny that you already expect negative comments... and for that... here's one.

Google it.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:47 AM
Apex Alchemist

Re: Where can I buy oem sport suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by SippinSomethin View Post
I find it funny that you already expect negative comments... and for that... here's one.

Google it.
Because these forums are full of egotistical stiffs who think if someone is asking a question they're automatically retarded. I honestly hate bimmer forums... The people are asses, almost makes me wanna sell the bimmer, buy another z and hit the z forums again..... More down to earth open minded people, but Touche to you for that... But as it stands I check every option I have before trying here.... Unfortunately all sites I find I can't find my trim pieces that I need and I want to buy a full suspension kit as a whole to save money not piece by piece that's waaaaaay too expensive

Sent from my HTC One
Old 12-18-2013, 01:41 AM

Mein Auto: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletE46 View Post
Because these forums are full of egotistical stiffs who think if someone is asking a question they're automatically retarded. I honestly hate bimmer forums... The people are asses, almost makes me wanna sell the bimmer, buy another z and hit the z forums again..... More down to earth open minded people, but Touche to you for that... But as it stands I check every option I have before trying here.... Unfortunately all sites I find I can't find my trim pieces that I need and I want to buy a full suspension kit as a whole to save money not piece by piece that's waaaaaay too expensive

Sent from my HTC One
Factory Sport suspension is for the retarded. The springs are poor quality and break with monotonous regularity. The shocks are made to a price, not to a performance level. Far better suspension is available to those with an open mind. Not for you I guess.............
Old 12-18-2013, 01:57 AM
Apex Alchemist

Re: Where can I buy oem sport suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlgaMPM View Post
Factory Sport suspension is for the retarded. The springs are poor quality and break with monotonous regularity. The shocks are made to a price, not to a performance level. Far better suspension is available to those with an open mind. Not for you I guess.............
****ing idiot did I mention **** about struts or springs.... I have eibach springs and struts.... So you just proved my point about the people on these forums.... For the literal third ****ing time you thoughtless morons. Just looking for oem sport suspension arms, rods, sway, bushings. I shouldn't expect another person to politely answer a simple question on a forum designed to bring enthusiasts together.. that would make too much sense... Your all so smart and whitty, I just hope one day I'll be better than everyone else too, then I can make them feel like **** and laugh to make myself seem cool.... ****ing idiots, I'll stick with auto forums screw this bmw ****. Did you know that 43% of people in the world think that those who drive bmws are assholes, and you sir are the reason for that... You belong in a Honda. Good day sirs

Sent from my HTC One
Old 12-18-2013, 02:15 AM

Mein Auto: E46
Quote:
****ing idiot did I mention **** about struts or springs.... I have eibach springs and struts.... So you just proved my point about the people on these forums.... For the literal third ****ing time you thoughtless morons. Just looking for oem sport suspension arms, rods, sway, bushings. I shouldn't expect another person to politely answer a simple question on a forum designed to bring enthusiasts together.. that would make too much sense... Your all so smart and whitty, I just hope one day I'll be better than everyone else too, then I can make them feel like **** and laugh to make myself seem cool.... ****ing idiots, I'll stick with auto forums screw this bmw ****. Did you know that 43% of people in the world think that those who drive bmws are assholes, and you sir are the reason for that... You belong in a Honda. Good day sirs

Sent from my HTC One
Result as intended.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:44 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ist schnell! (03 330i SC)
I usually don't mind helping people, except for those with an obvious chip on their shoulder. If you are so easily inflamed and not willing to spend a little time to educate yourself like so many others of the more knowledgeable people here, don't expect much help. I consider myself quite knowledgeable about these cars in most aspects, but most of my time was spent reading threads to glean info from the wealth of knowledge already published. Study up, and ask questions armed with a little knowledge of your own.
DIY On deck: Rear Diff bushing. UUC SSK, clutch job eventually, Wavetrac LSD
Old 12-18-2013, 05:22 AM

Mein Auto: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahull View Post
I usually don't mind helping people, except for those with an obvious chip on their shoulder. If you are so easily inflamed and not willing to spend a little time to educate yourself like so many others of the more knowledgeable people here, don't expect much help. I consider myself quite knowledgeable about these cars in most aspects, but most of my time was spent reading threads to glean info from the wealth of knowledge already published. Study up, and ask questions armed with a little knowledge of your own.
Agreed. People may jokingly pick on others around here sometimes, but for the most part it's all in good fun. You really shouldn't take the internet too seriously. I personally think people around here do even more than necessary to help out others. If you would do a little research on your own, you would know that the shocks/struts and springs are about the only things which DO differ between the standard vs. sport suspensions. I know people always say "read the Wiki"... but if you take the time to do it then 95% of any questions you could think of would be answered.

Last edited by OfTheLost; 12-18-2013 at 05:30 AM.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 330i
Serenity now. Serenity now.
THINGS I'VE DONE: Cooling system refresh with radiator, key fob surgery, K&N filter (removed), pulleys and tensioners, ECSTuning aluminum w/p pulley, CCV cold weather, DISA gasket, OFHG, Fuel pump/filter PM, ZF auto trans fluid/filter, motor mounts, fcabs, 2nd trans fluid change, steering guibo
VENDORS USED: ECSTuning, German Auto Solutions, Oembimmer, Amazon, Nationwide Auto Parts (salvage)
BMAauto, Autohausz
Old 12-18-2013, 09:29 AM

Mein Auto: '04 330Ci 6-speed
Kits for suspension available here: http://www.oembimmerparts.com/BMW_E4...rts_s/1836.htm

And check out other online vendors at www.furiousmethod.com
Others have kits too.

For interior probably best to search for BMW salvage yards where you might find qualtiy stuff for way cheaper than new from dealer.

Like: http://www.autobahnparts.com/carlist...=3&Page=0&m=b3

Last edited by GoForthFast; 12-18-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW 330Cic ZHP
Quote:
Because these forums are full of egotistical stiffs who think if someone is asking a question they're automatically retarded. I honestly hate bimmer forums... The people are asses...
If that's the case, then you seem to be fitting right in!
Old 12-18-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:

Sent from my HTC One
What, you get sand in your vagina? Take it down a notch. Here are the sites you can purchase your parts.

Suspension

http://www.oembimmerparts.com/BMW_Pr...eykitpro-2.htm

Trims
http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-325...Interior/Trim/

TIAG 328I ZPP

DIYs: Vanos Oil line, Water Pump w/ Pulley, Radiator Hoses, Valve Cover Gasket, Belts, FSU/FSR, Rear Wheel Bearings, Sway Bar Links, NGK BKR6EQUP Spark Plugs, M1 0W-40 oil changes

Mods: V2.5 Angel Eyes

Last edited by OscarN; 12-18-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:36 AM
L4P

Send a message via AIM to MalibuMafiaV
Mein Auto: E60 M5 & Stage 3 Audi S4
This guy I'll leave this here.
BMW 2000 3-series - Supercharged Because race car SOLD
Maserati 2004 M128 GT - HREs/tint/straight piped SOLD
BMW 2006 M3 - stock - SOLD
Old 12-18-2013, 01:25 PM

Mein Auto: '04 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlgaMPM View Post
When I had my ZHP springs replaced, I didn't want to lower it further. Didn't have time to research aftermarket springs so my mechanic ordered OEM from a dealership without warning me about the price. $600. I wanted to vomit.

And yes, the originals were broken. It took 104k miles though.

So is there an aftermarket spring set that's the same ride height as the ZHP, which I think is the same as Sport?
Old 12-18-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris90 View Post
So is there an aftermarket spring set that's the same ride height as the ZHP, which I think is the same as Sport?
The Sport/ZHP springs give you a 0.6" drop. This sounds negligible but it does make a difference (I switched my springs to factory sports when doing my suspension overhaul). IIRC, the Eibach Pro springs give roughly a 1.25" drop... and BavAuto now has their own brand of springs that give about an inch drop as well but for less $$$$.

http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp

http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp

In the end I decided on the factory sports because I got a them for far less money, and I was worried about my car having that "slammed" look. I also did not want a chance of my tires wearing faster than normal and sacrificing more ride comfort.

Last edited by OfTheLost; 12-18-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:

Sent from my HTC One

I just read all of this. Holy boil-over, Batman! "You forgot the briefcase!"
Old 12-18-2013, 02:11 PM
L4P

Quote:

Sent from my HTC One
Or is it the other way around?. You are part of the 43% and you belong in a honda?. Because the way you've just written on the internet says otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahull View Post
I just read all of this. Holy boil-over, Batman! "You forgot the briefcase!"

Last edited by MalibuMafiaV; 12-18-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:39 PM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
It`s The Holidays....let`s think happier thoughts for a minute....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Buckle up.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	412979  

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Old 12-18-2013, 02:39 PM
L4P

^^
wait what were we talking about again?
Old 12-18-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Bob View Post

TIAG 328I ZPP

DIYs: Vanos Oil line, Water Pump w/ Pulley, Radiator Hoses, Valve Cover Gasket, Belts, FSU/FSR, Rear Wheel Bearings, Sway Bar Links, NGK BKR6EQUP Spark Plugs, M1 0W-40 oil changes

Mods: V2.5 Angel Eyes
Old 12-18-2013, 03:07 PM
I'm a DlCK! So what?

Mein Auto: E30 with an S52
This belongs in a suspension thread.

Old 12-18-2013, 03:17 PM

Did you say something?
Old 12-18-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Bob View Post
Good point. Goodwill toward man ;-)
Old 12-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Living Life At The Beach

Mein Auto: 2004 325 Convertible
Things must not be going well in Kansas City.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Bossin' hard

Mein Auto: 2003 330i
Quote:

Sent from my HTC One
I see what your saying.. I owned a 350z and the japanese scene is chill no doubt. I was on a different e46 forum and it was ridiculous, so I came over here. The guys here a really cool though!