Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

View Poll Results: Is Customer Service "outsourcing" here to stay?
Yes, It's here to stay 8 88.89%
No, it's just pi**ing off customers 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2004, 03:33 PM
Member of the club

Mein Auto: 2002 X5 3.0i
Question CS Outsourcing", is it here to stay?

I would like to dedicate this animated parody to Josh. If you have ever dealt with a foreign based CS rep., you will enjoy this.

WARNING: (NWS) due to language

http://www.mbychosting.com/illwillpress/tech.swf

Do you think outsourcing customer service is here to stay? Please feel free to share any funny stories you have related to the topic .
Old 10-05-2004, 03:48 PM
RetiredBum

Mein Auto: '01 X5 3.0 '02VetteVert
Semi-interesting Outsourced CS story...

Our In-Sink-Erator brand Instant Hot Water gizmo near kit.sink went toes up a month ago. We call the Hotline, supposedly somewhere in Cheesehead land, on a Sat. We get "Bruce" on the phone. He says too bad, the one yr warr. is over; (these things seldom last longer than a couple years...ours was not quite 3, so we were pushing the envelope.)

I whine at him and tell him how much we loved it, have In-Sink-Erator brand super disposal and trash compactor, blah, blah. He said, no problem and would send new heating box unit and connectors. It arrived last week, theMissus installed it, (she's great at that stuff), and all is well.

"Bruce", by the bye, I learned later in our conversation, was stationed in a cubby hole in New Delhi; (I knew he didn't sound like anyone from Milwaukee, )

Imo, "Customer Service" for most prods and in most service or industries is a fooking oxymoron. Whether the nincompoops are based in Toledo or Denver or New Delhi, they mostly suck. The offshore cubbyhole people may be better, slightly, in at least Trying.

CustomerSerSucks: Dell, BMWNA, EchoStar (DISH), the phone co.,(any/all), the IRS,
et al.
Rant Off. BR, TheOl'WhineyGeezer
'10 Hyundai Tucson for the CEO, & 3 Assorted M'Cycles.
BMW CCA mem. Tarheel Chapter
My Flickr...Scenes,Cars & Road Trip Pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/45275375@N00/
Old 10-05-2004, 03:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: unimobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGreg
I would like to dedicate this animated parody to Josh. If you have ever dealt with a foreign based CS rep., you will enjoy this.

Do you think outsourcing customer service is here to stay? Please feel free to share any funny stories you have related to the topic .
Thanks for signing NAFTA Mr Bill, Mr Kerry & most of Congress.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:56 PM
Member of the club

Mein Auto: BMW X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGreg

Unfortunately it's probably here to stay. The smarter companies will figure out that customer service is THE differentiator in a commodity marketplace and will figure out a way to NOT do this. Unfortunately, the majority of the companies today are chasing the short term buck to satisfy Wall Street and will go down the path of off-shoring. Very sad indeed.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:39 PM

Mein Auto: Germans
i like the indian guys. theyre fun to shoot the **** with and have a more intelligent and helpful attitude than your run of the mill CS person. perhaps that will change as they get more abuse from us.

1) STFU... school is in session
2) RTFM
3) Read www.X5WORLD.com with a fine-toothed comb. It has the answers to ALL the X5 questions you never asked!
4) STFA
5) Train the padawan newbies
6) Learn what NWS means in da 'fugee lounge