Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 12-20-2013, 09:50 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 335xi
New to forum and BMW world

Hello, my name is Beth. I am new to this forum and to the BMW world. I just got my first BMW in September. I never was one to look at cars and say "oh I want that". But a few years ago I started noticing little cars that I liked. I would mention it to my husband and point them out when we were out and about. Ironically, every one I pointed out was a BMW. Earlier this year I started looking for BMW's online. Thinking that one day I may get one, and wanted to see which I liked best. At first I thought I wanted a 5 series, then I started seeing all the 3 series and I was hooked. In late August I mentioned to my husband that I think I may want a BMW. I think it surprised him a little bit, as I have never said I want a car before. I had previously always bought cars when I needed them, and chose what I liked. I've been driving my Durango for almost 11 years now. It was my first brand new car and I loved it. Still do. It only has 70k miles on it and has been very good to me. Have never had to have any major repairs. But, it's a gas hog and gas is flippin expensive. Since my husband and I are about to be empty nesters, I decided I wanted a little car to be able to go on spontaneous trips and not cost us a fortune. A week after I told my husband that I wanted a BMW, he told me to start looking. I've never been so excited to look for a car. But, finding the one I wanted was so hard. I wanted a 335. Sure aren't too many of them around here for sale. I went and test drove one from an import shop in Portland, while I liked it, it didn't have all the options that I really wanted. So I continued to look. Then, one day while browsing craigslist, there it was! I was instantly in love. Had every option I wanted and was even the color I wanted. Only sucky part was it was clear up in Seattle. So, I showed my husband the ad. He told me to call them and find out more information on it. I talked to the dealership many times over the next few days. They were amazing. So helpful and courteous. Then, they offered to hold it for me for 5 days! Holy Moly I was excited. A few days later (Friday) we hoped in the car and drove to Seattle. Stayed in a motel and was at the dealership the second they opened the next day. There really wasn't any deciding after that. I already knew she was mine. My husband and brother checked her out and test drove her. Then, filled out paperwork, wrote a check, and off we drove. Well, my husband drove. I didn't drive it at all until we got home. Then it was just a quick trip around a few blocks and back home. Then my son hoped in and took her out.

I absolutely love this car. I had the windows tinted and bought new tires. Then....the alerts started happening. I had to get new rear brakes. OUCH $$. Now my adaptive headlight assembly is broken (drivers side). The estimate I got on that is around $1500.00!! Holy hockey sticks! I can't afford that right now. So, I am having to wait to have it repaired for a while. It just really sucks. My little angel eyes don't glow in that side. Now...I have an alert to flush and replace my brake fluid. I was kind of thinking that it should have been done with my brakes. Hmm..

I finally took my first road trip last month. About an hour into my trip, I heard a little "ding" and looked down. I panicked. There was a little triangle with a snowflake in it. I dang near pulled on the side of the road and called my husband. But, thankfully I had my sister-in-law with me who said that in her Audi, that means that we entered a freezing zone. Whew! What a relief. My first road trip was awesome. I love how this car handles and love that I don't feel like I need to lean into the sharp curves as I did for the last 10+ years in my Durango.

I am very excited to learn more about BMW's. My husband and son are both car guys. My husband has an extremely modified Mitsubishi GT VR-4. I lovingly call it "the bitchy". He has been in love with that car and put a ton of money and time into it for years. My son has an Evo, also very modified. This spring my son will be attending Wyotech in San Francisco to continue on with his passion for cars.

Nice to "meet" all of you, and I look forward to seeing photo's of your babies and reading your stories.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1455.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	413243   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1463.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	413244   Click image for larger version

Name:	1401775_10201558664106903_1421606205_o.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	413246   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1482.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	413248   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1493.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	413249  

Ads by Google
Old 12-20-2013, 10:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 335i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemah335xi View Post
Hello, my name is Beth. I am new to this forum and to the BMW world. I just got my first BMW in September. I never was one to look at cars and say "oh I want that". But a few years ago I started noticing little cars that I liked. I would mention it to my husband and point them out when we were out and about. Ironically, every one I pointed out was a BMW. Earlier this year I started looking for BMW's online. Thinking that one day I may get one, and wanted to see which I liked best. At first I thought I wanted a 5 series, then I started seeing all the 3 series and I was hooked. In late August I mentioned to my husband that I think I may want a BMW. I think it surprised him a little bit, as I have never said I want a car before. I had previously always bought cars when I needed them, and chose what I liked. I've been driving my Durango for almost 11 years now. It was my first brand new car and I loved it. Still do. It only has 70k miles on it and has been very good to me. Have never had to have any major repairs. But, it's a gas hog and gas is flippin expensive. Since my husband and I are about to be empty nesters, I decided I wanted a little car to be able to go on spontaneous trips and not cost us a fortune. A week after I told my husband that I wanted a BMW, he told me to start looking. I've never been so excited to look for a car. But, finding the one I wanted was so hard. I wanted a 335. Sure aren't too many of them around here for sale. I went and test drove one from an import shop in Portland, while I liked it, it didn't have all the options that I really wanted. So I continued to look. Then, one day while browsing craigslist, there it was! I was instantly in love. Had every option I wanted and was even the color I wanted. Only sucky part was it was clear up in Seattle. So, I showed my husband the ad. He told me to call them and find out more information on it. I talked to the dealership many times over the next few days. They were amazing. So helpful and courteous. Then, they offered to hold it for me for 5 days! Holy Moly I was excited. A few days later (Friday) we hoped in the car and drove to Seattle. Stayed in a motel and was at the dealership the second they opened the next day. There really wasn't any deciding after that. I already knew she was mine. My husband and brother checked her out and test drove her. Then, filled out paperwork, wrote a check, and off we drove. Well, my husband drove. I didn't drive it at all until we got home. Then it was just a quick trip around a few blocks and back home. Then my son hoped in and took her out.

I absolutely love this car. I had the windows tinted and bought new tires. Then....the alerts started happening. I had to get new rear brakes. OUCH $$. Now my adaptive headlight assembly is broken (drivers side). The estimate I got on that is around $1500.00!! Holy hockey sticks! I can't afford that right now. So, I am having to wait to have it repaired for a while. It just really sucks. My little angel eyes don't glow in that side. Now...I have an alert to flush and replace my brake fluid. I was kind of thinking that it should have been done with my brakes. Hmm..

I finally took my first road trip last month. About an hour into my trip, I heard a little "ding" and looked down. I panicked. There was a little triangle with a snowflake in it. I dang near pulled on the side of the road and called my husband. But, thankfully I had my sister-in-law with me who said that in her Audi, that means that we entered a freezing zone. Whew! What a relief. My first road trip was awesome. I love how this car handles and love that I don't feel like I need to lean into the sharp curves as I did for the last 10+ years in my Durango.

I am very excited to learn more about BMW's. My husband and son are both car guys. My husband has an extremely modified Mitsubishi GT VR-4. I lovingly call it "the bitchy". He has been in love with that car and put a ton of money and time into it for years. My son has an Evo, also very modified. This spring my son will be attending Wyotech in San Francisco to continue on with his passion for cars.

Nice to "meet" all of you, and I look forward to seeing photo's of your babies and reading your stories.
I take it you did not buy it from a BMW dealer? If you did, they should have paid for the brakes and maintenance that the vehicle appears to have required shortly after purchase.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Pedant and Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: 335d, 328d, Toyota T100
Sweet. Welcome; any snow down there to try it out in today? I was just out and about here in the Seattle area in the inch or so we have.

Sorry you've already had some minor problems, but you can always go buy some local wine and drown your sorrows (love OR Pinot Gris and Pinot Noir - even Erath with their screw-ons!)
Old 12-20-2013, 12:39 PM

Sadly, no. I couldn't find the one I wanted at any BMW dealers within 500 miles of me.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydarogers View Post
Sweet. Welcome; any snow down there to try it out in today? I was just out and about here in the Seattle area in the inch or so we have.

Sorry you've already had some minor problems, but you can always go buy some local wine and drown your sorrows (love OR Pinot Gris and Pinot Noir - even Erath with their screw-ons!)
Thanks! No snow in my area. Pretty much everywhere around me got a light dusting or at least got to see the pretty flakes falling from the sky.

And, a bottle of wine and the hot tub sounds fabulous!
Old 12-20-2013, 12:54 PM
My avatar is a selfie LOL

Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT

Literally the longest introduction (and maybe post) I have ever seen haha

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Old 12-20-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepittrill View Post
Literally the longest introduction (and maybe post) I have ever seen haha

Sorry.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Sorry.
No need to apologize haha

Old 12-20-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepittrill View Post
No need to apologize haha

I'm not only new to the BMW world, but I am also new to forums. May take me a bit to get the hang of it all.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:21 PM
now driving number eight!

Mein Auto: 2007 S2000
Quote:
I'm not only new to the BMW world, but I am also new to forums. May take me a bit to get the hang of it all.
Hey welcome .... love the Alpine White!

"sometimes you're the windshield .... sometimes you're the bug"

2014 328i Mojave Metallic
2009 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 Honda S2000 Berlina Black
(Hey Jim... am I diversified?)
Old 12-20-2013, 02:10 PM

Mein Auto: 335i
Very nice car, similar to mine that I just picked up last month.

What year and mileage is on the car?

What were the options you wanted?

I agree that some options are a must-have. Mine is "Base," but being a Canadian model it has some more features than the American base model - BMW Canada wants you to spend more right off the bat.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:44 PM

Mein Auto: 335i E92 Space Grey MT

Hi from Scotland and welcome to the forum ! Lovely car, enjoy ! Happy holidays to all.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:24 PM
Map 5, 38 degrees! yes!!

Mein Auto: 2009 335i
Welcome to the forum! Nice ride there also. These cars can be somewhat costly, maintenance is always a must for sure. I have found that learning as many DIY's as possible really goes a long way to saving $$, but moreso adds to the joy of these machines. Did you get, or look into an extended warranty? Anyway, there's lots of folks here very well versed in the realm of BMW's. Enjoy that sweet ride!!

2009 E92 N54 Black Sapphire, Cream Beige Dakota, ZPP, ZSP,2R4,Steptronic, JB4 G5 ISO, DCI
Old 12-20-2013, 06:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 335is Cabriolet
Welcome to the forum, girl. Nice post. Love the detail. Can tell you're really excited about your car. Hope, once you sort the brake issue, you'll continue to enjoy it. A BMW is defintely an expensive car to maintain but they are so much fun. Once you've sorted out all the kinks in your car, you'll have one of the best rides (husband included!) you've ever had :-)!!!
Old 12-20-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmagirl View Post
you'll have one of the best rides (husband included!) you've ever had :-)!!!
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1387594169.351728.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	413318

Old 12-20-2013, 07:38 PM
Omnia moderata ratione

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Hi Beth,

Welcome to the 'fest.

The good news is that here we have a very rich resource of folks who have much experience with the E9X variant and cars in general. Don't be afraid to ask and don't be afraid to search. If something is happening to your car, odds are it's happened to someone else before. One of the nicest things about Bimmerfest is that the guys are always willing to help out us gals who are brave enough to join and post, and every once in a while we gals have info that helps out the guys!!

Good luck with your new acquisition!

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 12-21-2013, 01:45 AM

Mein Auto: 328i M Sport
Congrats
BMWCCA Member #483927
San Diego Chapter
Old 12-21-2013, 01:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 Jet blk 328xi MT
Beautiful car, welcome aboard and enjoy your new ride!!!
Old 12-21-2013, 04:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Sadly, no. I couldn't find the one I wanted at any BMW dealers within 500 miles of me.

Got a space to work on your car[s]?

You'll want that - and THIS - learning about your ride is a very satisfying thing....