Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 12-21-2013, 02:44 PM

Mein Auto: '07 328i
Fellow Soldiers, PotHole help./?

I Recently hit a pothole on Fort Stewart, on the Front right hand passenger side , Upon going through the run around with USAA and the Installation it not being covered. I took it to get looked at a by a local tire Shop. The assessment was i had bent my lower control arm and radius Bar. To fix everything they quoted me about $800. I tried looking up the parts number to do myself and also searching youtube for any helpful Videos but i haven't gotten any luck. Any tips or Insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ads by Google
Old 12-21-2013, 03:05 PM

pics

Here are some pics of the left and right side
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	413463   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1-2.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	413464  

Old 12-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 130i & E92 325i, E90 SOLD
Go to realoem.com

Enter your vin then should easily find parts and rrp
06 130i - ROCK SOLID Performer
07 320i - SOLD
08 E92 325i - Blue SOLD
Bicycles: Giant TCR Advanced Zero SOLD, Argon 18 Krypton, Argon 18E114, Trek Madone COMING
BOUGHT : MY11.5 X1 Xdrive25i

New car... Estoril Blue Car
Old 12-21-2013, 08:21 PM

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
You should have stayed at the pothole, taken pictures, and gotten a police report. Then you have evidence to use for an insurance claim with the owner of the road. If it's a public road, contact your local DOT department.

Without a police report, they will tell you to F off.

But to answer you question, +1 on realoem. You can enter your vin and search for parts.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 Rear Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 12-21-2013, 10:33 PM

Mein Auto: '11 E93 335is & '08 535xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdriller9 View Post
You should have stayed at the pothole, taken pictures, and gotten a police report. Then you have evidence to use for an insurance claim with the owner of the road. If it's a public road, contact your local DOT department.

But to answer you question, +1 on realoem. You can enter your vin and search for parts.
It may vary from place to place, but we don't need a police report to report pot hole damage here where I live in PA, and to try to collect repair damages from PENNDOT or the local township (if a non-state road). We had a problem several years ago on a state road in PA near my house. I called the township first and they gave me the number to call PENNDOT because they said it was a state road. They told me that if I had a problem with the state in trying to get money for the damages, to call the township back and they would help me with the state. The state refunded me for the damages without a problem (two months later).

It wouldn't hurt to call the township where the pot hole damaged your car and pursue it. You'll need to tell them the exact location of the pot hole.

Current Stablemates:
'12 Porsche 911 GTS Cabriolet; '11 BMW E93 335is; '08 BMW E60 535xi
Favorite Cars Gone But Not Forgotten:
'09 Corvette ZO6; '04 MB S600; '01 BMW 740iL; '90 Nissan 300ZX 2+2; '89 Jeep Grand Wagoneer; '79 BMW 320i; '79 MB 300D; '67 MG Midget

Last edited by beden1; 12-21-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 650i Convertible
Re: Fellow Soldiers, PotHole help./?

Navy here... I ran through a huge puddle on NAS Pensacola back in 2004 after a tropical storm. The puddle wasn't cordoned off and it was pitch dark in that particular part of the base so I couldn't see it. Hydro locked the motor on my Fairlady Z.

I went to Shore Patrol to make a report and then to the JAG office to file a claim. I was reimbursed a couple thousand (IIRC) for the damages by the DoD since it happened on base and proper measures weren't executed to ensure safety/damage control.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderoo_328i View Post
I Recently hit a pothole on Fort Stewart, on the Front right hand passenger side , Upon going through the run around with USAA and the Installation it not being covered. I took it to get looked at a by a local tire Shop. The assessment was i had bent my lower control arm and radius Bar. To fix everything they quoted me about $800. I tried looking up the parts number to do myself and also searching youtube for any helpful Videos but i haven't gotten any luck. Any tips or Insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

DIY suspension arm replacement is a simple job - diagrams w/part numbers, jacking info; torques HERE

Backtrack realoem exploded diagrams to reference your model.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinj6 View Post
Navy here... I ran through a huge puddle on NAS Pensacola back in 2004 after a tropical storm. The puddle wasn't cordoned off and it was pitch dark in that particular part of the base so I couldn't see it. Hydro locked the motor on my Fairlady Z.

I went to Shore Patrol to make a report and then to the JAG office to file a claim. I was reimbursed a couple thousand (IIRC) for the damages by the DoD since it happened on base and proper measures weren't executed to ensure safety/damage control.

Lucky for me i stayed, took pictures, called the MP's, & filed a police report. so you think if i take it to JAG i'll get a lot more help?

Old 12-22-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdriller9 View Post

Alright i did all that, but the Road was on a military Installation so i don't know how much help the Georgia DOT department will be?

Old 12-22-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Lucky for me i stayed, took pictures, called the MP's, & filed a police report. so you think if i take it to JAG i'll get a lot more help?
That's what I did. The way I saw it, they were the legal experts and I had a broken car that was no fault of my own. Someone had to be liable for my damages and it wasn't me.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i / 2007 X3
You probably bent both control arm + tension strut as indicated in CALWATERBOY's DIY. It is straight forward DIY for someone intermediate->advanced in weather that is suitable for work. Unfortunately, you "should" do both sides which will run you about $330 for parts, plus cost of a good alignment preferably by a BMW dealership. I assume if you hit something that hard, your wheel is jacked too. $800 wont cover the parts + genuine BMW wheel.

If it were me, I'd def take the cash and do it myself (I've done it already), but it wont reimburse you for time spent doing the project.

Last edited by bluskye; 12-22-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
DIY suspension arm replacement is a simple job - diagrams w/part numbers, jacking info; torques HERE

Thanks for the Awsome info!

Old 12-22-2013, 11:28 PM

Mein Auto: 130i & E92 325i, E90 SOLD
Quote:

Holy guacamole... Come and visit me anytime.... Youre a bmw diy pro...
06 130i - ROCK SOLID Performer
07 320i - SOLD
08 E92 325i - Blue SOLD
Bicycles: Giant TCR Advanced Zero SOLD, Argon 18 Krypton, Argon 18E114, Trek Madone COMING
BOUGHT : MY11.5 X1 Xdrive25i

New car... Estoril Blue Car
Old 12-23-2013, 05:02 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Thanks for the Awsome info!

When I was on duty, bases had bays w/lifts for DIY auto maint - maybe you have access to that? If so, job's drop dead simple.

As mentioned, alignment is required after!
Old 12-23-2013, 05:18 AM

Quote:
When I was on duty, bases had bays w/lifts for DIY auto maint - maybe you have access to that? If so, job's drop dead simple.

As mentioned, alignment is required after!
Yup, NAS Pensacola has that. They call it Auto Hobby
Old 12-23-2013, 10:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 335i
Fort Stewart definitely has an auto craft shop.

http://www.stewartmwr.com/index.php/...by_auto_craft/

The Libby Auto Craft Center is a 28 bay facility. There are 14 lifts, body and paint bays, bays without lifts, welding area, engine overhaul area, tool check out, work benches in bay areas, and motorcycle repair areas. We are currently increasing our parts inventory to include most fast service filters,fluids,lights and etc.

Special tools and equipment include Hunter alignment machine, two tire changers, Snap-On Computer Analysis, Sun starting/charging tester, Hunter and Bear tire balancer, RTI A/C recharging unit, Mig, Arc Oxy/acetylene welders.The equipment available at the Libby autocraft shop is modern and up to date. Test equipment is checked and calibrated regularly. Work tools are Craftsman, Snap-on, Matco or other quality brands.

Last edited by jburke4689; 12-23-2013 at 10:20 AM.