Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 12-21-2013, 07:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 335i TT
2009 335i Maintenance AND question on cat delete

Ok I just recently bought my first BMW and I'm trying to get to learn about it and what needs maintenance more often than others .. I'm coming up on 80k miles and when I reach that mark i want to do some preventative maintenance on the vehicle ... I've read about the water pumps going out around this mileage but can you guys (and girls if there are any reading this) give me a few items that you would look into changing out at 80k.. THANKS!!

Now onto my cat question ... I want to install larger diameter catless downpipes and also possibly do away with the secondary cats and install an exhaust system... how have you handled the O2 issue on this .. i know some vehicles you can get "dummy" sensors.. how would you handle this issue with this car (2009 335i TT)
Ads by Google
Old 12-21-2013, 08:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
Skip preventative maintenance on the water pump. It's electric and the probability of predicting failure is slim. I know people who have had pump failures at 20k and others still on the original pump at 120k. I replaced mine around 80k.

Do fluids, power steering, coolant, diffs. I would skip auto trans if you haven't flushed it already.

If n54, BMS DP fix. Some tunes will turn them off or reset the light automatically but if you want to pass emissions, DP fix is the only way. For N55, no DP fix out. Only way to pass emissions to pay someone under the table or reinstall stock cats.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | H&R Coilovers | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine Type-R 1242D | JL 500/1 | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 12-22-2013, 05:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 335i TT
Thanks! I found the DP fix and it does fit my engine! As far as the maintenance I will just do all of the fluids and more than likely the spark plugs too.

As far as the DP fix .. I just need one module for the car and not one for each O2 right? There isn't much of a description on the website.