Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 12-22-2013, 11:17 AM

Mein Auto: 328Xi
AC Compressor whine

Hey guys,
I have a 2007 328 XI that I purchased several months ago. It has run flat tires which were making so much noise I replaced them. I guess with the noise reduction I have now noticed that when I turn on the compressor (AC or Defroster) there is a whine during acceleration and deceleration. Any ideas? I searched the forum and found no one with a similar issue. Thanks
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 328xi
Hey-
I'm resurrecting this thread, I have this A/C noise too and it is gradually getting a little louder. It seems to come and go a bit, but seems like it gets louder when I drive longer. The sound is not audible outside the car, only inside, so it's not normal 'belt noise.'
Is yours still the same? Anyone else have ideas?
Old 04-14-2014, 11:28 AM

Mein Auto: 328Xi
Compressor Whine

I still have the noise but it is not as noticable now that the weather is getting warmer. We had several weeks of sub-zero temps this winter and that's when I first noticed it. I'm kind of at a loss at this point. Some articles I read say there are oil levels in the compressor that need to be checked and maintained while others say noting of the sort. The car will be due for service soon so I'll talk to the technician and see what he has to say. I'll post what I find out.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2007-335 HTC
not sure but I think the oil is put in the system at the time of Charging the system, If you have to add freon then you have a leak somewhere dont need to add oil, if it is making a noise could be compressor going out, you could try taking it in evacuating the system and recharge
Old 04-14-2014, 12:57 PM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
I have this intermittently when braking. It's the HVAC Blower Motor. In my case, if I remove the A/C microfilter I can see the blower motor and noticed some rust on it. Still on the fence whether I'll have the dealer replace it ($450) or do it myself (about $200 for the part and likely 1-2 hours of work).

I came across a few threads if I searched on Google for "BMW A/C Blower Squeal"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY
Old 04-15-2014, 12:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 328xi
Mine was caused by my freon being way down(.3 lbs instead of 1.25). Evidently the pump first has trouble and then shuts itself off when there isn't enough. All is running well now for 100 bucks worth of time and freon. Hopefully the leak is slow and I won't have to replace something more expensive soon.