Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

Old 12-27-2013, 12:03 PM

Mein Auto: E60 M5
Would really appreciate some help

HEy Guys

Long time reader first time poster!! I am the lucky and proud owner of a E60 M5, year 2006. I live in Dubai and so far the car has behaved nicely!!

However, for the past week or so, i have had an electrical issue that the mechanics havent been able to fix. Basically, when i try and start the car, i get all the normal indications, re lights, HUD..when i turn the key, i get just a clicking sound and no start. There are no codes, no warning lights but the HUD indications go blank as i turn the key, then when i release they come back. If i jump the start the car subsequently, it runs fine for that day. However, if i leave the car for a day without driving it, the same problem returns. The BMW boys, made me change the battery and they also had the car for a few days but couldnt find the fault. I am now not really feeling confident with them, as they are charging me!!

Was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue or may have some ideas on areas i should check? The mecahnics reckon the battery drain when car is switched off is 0.250..not sure if that is an indication of anything as i am not possessing many brain cells!!

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers and thanks alot...
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2014, 03:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 M5
How old is your battery? Sounds like it is going bad and not holding a charge. You should get it checked out
Old 05-06-2014, 03:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E39 540
So you did install a new battery or not? If you did, and it still goes dead, you have a draw. If you didnt replace it, start there.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 06-07-2014, 09:09 PM

Mein Auto:
Every new battery have to be registered in car computer or it will never hold charge.
Start there and see what happens!
Take it to a dealership!!!!
Or blow your money by hammer mechanics!

Old 08-18-2014, 01:23 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanass69 View Post
HEy Guys

Long time reader first time poster!! I am the lucky and proud owner of a E60 M5, year 2006. I live in Dubai and so far the car has behaved nicely!!

However, for the past week or so, i have had an electrical issue that the mechanics havent been able to fix. Basically, when i try and start the car, i get all the normal indications, re lights, HUD..when i turn the key, i get just a clicking sound and no start. There are no codes, no warning lights but the HUD indications go blank as i turn the key, then when i release they come back. If i jump the start the car subsequently, it runs fine for that day. However, if i leave the car for a day without driving it, the same problem returns. The BMW boys, made me change the battery and they also had the car for a few days but couldnt find the fault. I am now not really feeling confident with them, as they are charging me!!

Was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue or may have some ideas on areas i should check? The mecahnics reckon the battery drain when car is switched off is 0.250..not sure if that is an indication of anything as i am not possessing many brain cells!!

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers and thanks alot...

I had same thing happen its your key fab. You might have got it wet or any moisture would mess it up and then when you put it in the ignition the computer cant read it and it shuts down!