Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:30 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: Nessie
Thinking of going national to find a used E93

I live in the San Jose, CA area, and prices for everything here are inflated compared to, say, Bumf*ck AL. I'm more than willing to fly out to ol' Bumf*ck to buy a used E93, if the savings will justify the travel costs, and hassle.

Anyone done this? What's your story? Good/Bad experience?
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2014, 04:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 435i GC pending
All of my cars have been purchased locally (whether private or from a dealer). I have sold vehicles to out-of-state customers. In general, prior to purchasing any vehicle be sure to have to have it inspected by either a dealer or independent shop. Cost of travel must be factored into your purchase price and whether you'll be driving the car back or using a transportation service. I have read posts from other owners who have gone this route without any issues. Some prefer it just for the opportunity to drive their new/used M3 across the states.

Here's a link to locate an independent shop http://www.bimmershops.com/.

Retired
2013 M3 coupe (miss it. regret)
2008 335i vert
2003 530i sport
2002 530i
Old 01-03-2014, 08:47 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_330 Send a message via Skype™ to thumper_330
Mein Auto: 2012 K1600GT, 2008 M3
I think the only BMW car I've ever owned that I purchased locally was my 330i... my first one. Here are some summaries of my experiences;

545i - Purchased used from North Carolina. Got a PPI and everything went great. The water pump had failed so I had the seller replace it. No worries. Outlet pipe from the water pump busted open on the highway on the way home leaving me stranded for two days (it happened late on a Saturday afternoon) but it was still a good experience. The shop that replaced the water pump covered my costs.

135i - Not really much to tell; European Delivery, purchased from Chicago dealer and took US delivery at the Performance Center.

M3 - Purchased from an M3Post.com member in Washington DC. No problems, great experience and a wonderful weekend of driving. 3 months later and I am still loving the car and have had zero issues with her.

I think buying remotely is easy and fun so long as you understand that a good pre-purchase inspection is key to making sure the car is mechanically sound. For the PPI find your own shop to perform it... try to make it reasonably convenient for the seller and if the seller refuses then walk away from the deal. Also, once you find the perfect car find also the perfect route home that's not all flat and boring highway. You'll enjoy it a whole hell of a lot more
2012 BMW 135i - Deep Sea Blue / Terracotta / DCT *SOLD*
2012 BMW K1600GT - Vermillion Red Metallic
2008 BMW E90 M3 - Interlagos Blue / Silver / 6MT

http://www.driveblog.net
Old 01-03-2014, 09:04 AM

Mein Auto: not a BMW ...yet
I spent the last month looking nationally for an E93 M3. I went national as I had specific color combo requirements as well as options. Price, of course, was always an issue. After spending a lot of time analyzing pricing, I found pricing to be more correlated with type of seller than location (although there are some slight regional trends). BMW dealers obviously the highest, followed by very well known independents and non-BMW dealers and then the wholesaler/car warehouse types. I found that most prices tended to be lower than the the kbb/NADA/Edmunds guides. Maybe that's just because I was shopping around the holidays and dealers were eager to shift inventory.

The Cargurus and Cars .com sites have seller review areas which I found helpful -- no reviews (or very negative ones and I moved on) -- check Yelp as well for reviews.

I ended up going with a BMW dealer in Georgia (I'm in Houston). I'm just not good enough with cars to trust non-dealers from a distance... Best part was the drive home! Experience was typical for a BMW dealer. They tried to address one issue that came up but I couldn't wait around. So they've arranged to get it sorted through a BMW dealer back here in Houston.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 E93 & 2014 F30
Last time Stevens Creek had a couple of used M3 E93 on the lot have you contact them at all? Why go out of the area where you can get a car from your local dealer. Look around I'm pretty sure you can get a good deal in Bay Area.
2009 E82 ( Sold )
2006 E90 ( Sold )
2001 E46 ( Sold )

My next vehicle would be a Zamboni
Old 01-23-2014, 09:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW M3 Convertible
Yeah I found a very respectable price on a used e93 at Stevens Creek near San Jose. I wasn't really planning on buying a new/used car. I had recently received/inherited a fair sum of money and thought, why not stop in and see what they have? What I was looking for was a nice used 135i with low miles, maybe a lease return. After scouring their enormous lot for about 15-20 minutes I just happened by chance to stumble upon my current car, 2008 e93 with 51k miles on the odometer. The miles were slightly higher than what I was ideally looking for, but for the price I couldn't pass it up. The only thing about Stevens Creek BMW is they operate a "no haggle pricing" philosophy, so the price is non-negotiable. They are a very large volume dealer, so when they receive a car, they put it on their lot for the rock-bottom price they are willing to take. If it doesn't sell after 6 weeks, they send it to the auction house. I believe my e93 had been on their lot for 3 weeks, so about half way through its life cycle. At first, I had trouble getting any salesmen to take me seriously...you know, I'm a 24 year old kid, coming in there asking to test drive an M3....not exactly the kind of clientele they usually get for a car like that. Once they realized I was going to pay for the car in full on the spot, they got much more enthusiastic about speaking with me hahahahaha. In all seriousness though, they were very polite, pleasant to work with, and luckily the previous owner had gone to their dealership so they had ALL service records since the car was brand new. Couldn't ask for a better experience. Also one of the coolest, most badass spontaneous acts I have ever done or been a part of! Haha