Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 01-04-2014, 08:01 PM

Mein Auto: Fast
Maintenance @ 125k

I've had several vehicles (about 30) and at one point an 04 330ci. Loved the car but wanted an M. I have a chance again to get one for a non daily driver. I love the Phoenix Yellow and thats what I will get. That being said my options are limited on availability. I know from my first BMW experience that they are maintenance whores. I am pretty picky and also a DIYer.
I have found a clean 01 PY MT M with 124k on it. I can get it for a decent price. I talked with the owner. He has only had it a year and a half. He said he had a mechanic look it over when he bought it (sure) and it needed nothing. The current owner has done nothing but drive it and change the oil. I assume it will need various items to bring it up to par.

Assuming that I purchase it. What should I expect to do? I have a general idea, idler pulley tensioner, belts, hoses, plugs, etc...

Anyone have a break down?

Thanks in advance!
Ads by Google
Old 01-04-2014, 08:22 PM

Mein Auto: Fast
Silly me, reading the STICKY now....if anyone has anything to add, please do.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 Mustang GT
Can't remember if this was mentioned in the sticky - check the rear subframe for cracks. Happens often on high mileage M3's