Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 01-08-2014, 07:52 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 335d
335d owner

Hello there

New to the bmw scene just picked up a 2011 335d. I searched the forums and haven't really found the info I am looking for.

Where can u buy performance parts for these cars?
What have others done with intakes and exhaust?
Exhaust with def under warranty?
Jbd tuning?

I'm looking to make a custom cold air intake and maybe no mufflers straight pipes while including the factory def system. I wanna hear the diesel purr not just feel it under the hood!!!

Last edited by TxbimmerD; 01-08-2014 at 07:55 AM.
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2014, 08:38 AM
Jumping Jack Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxbimmerD View Post
Hello there

New to the bmw scene just picked up a 2011 335d. I searched the forums and haven't really found the info I am looking for.

Where can u buy performance parts for these cars?
What have others done with intakes and exhaust?
Exhaust with def under warranty?
Jbd tuning?

I'm looking to make a custom cold air intake and maybe no mufflers straight pipes while including the factory def system. I wanna hear the diesel purr not just feel it under the hood!!!
You might have better luck on the BMW Diesel Owners/Enthusiasts forum (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=154).

But I'll offer some preliminary quick responses:
1. Tuning. JBD at Burger Motorsports (www.burgertuning.com). Other tunes are Renntech, Evolve, and a handful of others.
2. Most of the forum following I have done seem to have precious little success with making the exhaust sound any better using any practical or legal means in the USA. My opinion only of course.
3. Suspension upgrades use the same sources as for the gassers. OEM (GetBMWParts.com), H&R, JRZ, Ohlins, and several other sources and manufacturers that all bimmer enthusiasts use.
4. The diesel forums in both bimmerfest and bimmerpost have detailed ongoing discussions about dealing with the exhaust and emissions equipment. You should survey those.

Welcome to the stealth hod rod group. Take it to the track and surprise some people. That has been my experience.
Mods, etc: ACS M3 Sports Springs, JRZ RS1 Dmprs, Quaife LSD w/VAC finned diff cvr, M3 Rear SF Bushings, M3 Sways, M3 OEM front and rear Susp Comp Kits (except strut brace), Ground Control Caster/Camber Plates, JBD 100%, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, non-stgrd Apex ARC-8 18" wheels & Nitto Motivo tires (for winter OEM 17" wheels and Blizzak LM-25 tires).

Old 01-08-2014, 08:51 AM

Thank u thank u.