Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-17-2014, 01:41 AM
Blas07 Blas07 is offline
Registered User
Location: lawndale
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: buying a car att.
2009 335i sedan purchase

hello guys and gals, my name is alam! I'm currently 22 year old looking into purchasing a 2009 335i sedan! I'm new to the fourms and also glad i signed up to ask questions/get answers and also find information.

question 1 - I'm looking to purchasing a 2009 335i sedan with sports package only problem is theres 118,000 miles on odo. it had 2 owners car fax comes up clean. walk out price from the dealer is 20k flat including taxes and what not, also car fax comes out clean maintenance wise.

me never owned a bmw I'm just wonder is it a good purchase? (question 2) i can afford car payments including full coverage insurance. what I'm really asking is it a good purchase? I'm not that speeding type / burning rubber. i'm more of the throw rims slam it and drive slow since i been there done that with my 240sx build sr20det 350 whp driving car that I'm now out that scene. i would love some feed back and help from the beamer community!

Last edited by Blas07; 01-17-2014 at 02:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 01-17-2014, 02:22 AM
Zooks527's Avatar
Zooks527 Zooks527 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Mansfield, MA
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,651
Mein Auto: 2009 335i xDrive coupe
1 ) "Bimmer". A "beamer" is a motorcycle.

2 ) Have a pre-purchase inspection performed by a BMW specialist independent mechanic.

3 ) Better than even money bet it will need walnut shell cleaning of the intake valves. Figure $900 at a BMW dealer in Massachusetts, as low as $400 elsewhere.
__________________
2009 335i xDrive coupe, Jet Black, Black Leather, Grey Poplar, Steptronic, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, iPod/USB, HD radio, Parking Assist. Rear Fogs, Hardwire V1, ProFit G3.
ED May 12, 2009, Munich dropoff May 16, Redelivery June 22, 2009




Prior 33 years of cars: 1967 BelAir wagon / 1968 LeMans Tempest / 1970 Mustang Mach 1 / 1972 El Dorado / 1978 Corvette (kept until first Bronco) / 1981 Subaru GL wagon AWD / 1983 s10 Blazer 4x4 (big mistake) / 1985 Bronco 4x4 / 1996 Bronco 4x4 / 2004 Passat 4motion
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-17-2014, 02:28 AM
Blas07 Blas07 is offline
Registered User
Location: lawndale
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: buying a car att.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooks527 View Post
1 ) "Bimmer". A "beamer" is a motorcycle.

2 ) Have a pre-purchase inspection performed by a BMW specialist independent mechanic.

3 ) Better than even money bet it will need walnut shell cleaning of the intake valves. Figure $900 at a BMW dealer in Massachusetts, as low as $400 elsewhere.
what do u mean in 1? (funny thing i own a 2006 cbr 600 been riding for about 2 year)

as of 2 i can get that done

and 3 is it because of the 100k+ marker?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-17-2014, 03:07 AM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,102
Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
Carfax doesn't mean anything.

Case in point my E60 M5 purchase... It came back +500 or something and it fell apart within 12 days.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-17-2014, 04:55 AM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,102
Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
Did you just say change the tranny fluids every 30k
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-17-2014, 05:14 AM
spastook spastook is offline
Registered User
Location: Bridgewater,Ma
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 41
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 328xi wagon
The dealers $20k asking price although in line with NADA seems a little high to me. While IMO 118k is nothing on a well maintained BMW the majority of the public will shy away from this car. That being said I'd try and negotiate the dealer down to about $18k.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-17-2014, 06:41 AM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,102
Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by spastook View Post
The dealers $20k asking price although in line with NADA seems a little high to me. While IMO 118k is nothing on a well maintained BMW the majority of the public will shy away from this car. That being said I'd try and negotiate the dealer down to about $18k.
Its way high lol. KBB on my 2009x drive in 2012 with a MSRP of 56k (meaning almost every option) was 25k with 51k miles.

You are DOUBLE the Miles and owners and only 5k less and thats almost two years after that KBB on mine.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-17-2014, 06:51 AM
Watchme Watchme is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: ma
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 288
Mein Auto: 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
Its way high lol. KBB on my 2009x drive in 2012 with a MSRP of 56k (meaning almost every option) was 25k with 51k miles.

You are DOUBLE the Miles and owners and only 5k less and thats almost two years after that KBB on mine.
I'm with this. Believe it or not, a high asking price at the dealer may be your golden ticket. Walk-in, test drive, PPI, then tell them the price is way more than you're looking to pay. See where it gets you. Sometimes dealer experience can be a true pain in the ass. Often times I have walked away due to price, then have these clowns call me next few days with a $500 lower offer each day. Go figure.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-17-2014, 07:05 AM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,102
Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchme View Post
I'm with this. Believe it or not, a high asking price at the dealer may be your golden ticket. Walk-in, test drive, PPI, then tell them the price is way more than you're looking to pay. See where it gets you. Sometimes dealer experience can be a true pain in the ass. Often times I have walked away due to price, then have these clowns call me next few days with a $500 lower offer each day. Go figure.
lol same thing happened when I drove the c7... They were going to give me a nice price on my m5, but then wouldn't come off the MSRP at all said the car is so in demand they wouldn't go 2k off MSRP.

I walked and had at least 10 calls over the next few weeks. I was thinking why if they cared so little why worry about little old me, and trying to sell me a car

Last edited by SuperTerp; 01-17-2014 at 07:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-17-2014, 10:03 AM
Zooks527's Avatar
Zooks527 Zooks527 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Mansfield, MA
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,651
Mein Auto: 2009 335i xDrive coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blas07 View Post
what do u mean in 1? (funny thing i own a 2006 cbr 600 been riding for about 2 year)
No one here says "Beamer", everyone says "Bimmer". Look at the name of the site.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Blas07 View Post
and 3 is it because of the 100k+ marker?
Yes. Expect this to be needed every 50k or so. I doubt if the prior owner had it done just before selling the car.
__________________
2009 335i xDrive coupe, Jet Black, Black Leather, Grey Poplar, Steptronic, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, iPod/USB, HD radio, Parking Assist. Rear Fogs, Hardwire V1, ProFit G3.
ED May 12, 2009, Munich dropoff May 16, Redelivery June 22, 2009




Prior 33 years of cars: 1967 BelAir wagon / 1968 LeMans Tempest / 1970 Mustang Mach 1 / 1972 El Dorado / 1978 Corvette (kept until first Bronco) / 1981 Subaru GL wagon AWD / 1983 s10 Blazer 4x4 (big mistake) / 1985 Bronco 4x4 / 1996 Bronco 4x4 / 2004 Passat 4motion
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-17-2014, 04:03 PM
Blas07 Blas07 is offline
Registered User
Location: lawndale
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: buying a car att.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
lol same thing happened when I drove the c7... They were going to give me a nice price on my m5, but then wouldn't come off the MSRP at all said the car is so in demand they wouldn't go 2k off MSRP.

I walked and had at least 10 calls over the next few weeks. I was thinking why if they cared so little why worry about little old me, and trying to sell me a car
well the tag on it before taxes were 20k the dropped it to 17,900 also my friend works at the dealer so he helped me out some. i think its reasonable but since i never owned a bimmer thats why I'm here because I'm stumped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooks527 View Post
No one here says "Beamer", everyone says "Bimmer". Look at the name of the site.

Yes. Expect this to be needed every 50k or so. I doubt if the prior owner had it done just before selling the car.
i doubt that as well, most definitely looking into that now that u pointed it out. sorry i live by the beach area and we call them beamer. but thanks for the correction!

Last edited by Blas07; 01-17-2014 at 04:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-17-2014, 05:17 PM
DozerDan DozerDan is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 113
Mein Auto: 335 d
I paid $25k for my 09 335d with 32,000 on it.
Seems a but high for the mileage on yours.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-17-2014, 05:33 PM
wjjklj's Avatar
wjjklj wjjklj is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Louisville, Kentucky USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,583
Mein Auto: 2009 750i
I think this price is high also. I picked up a 2008 335i with 115,000 miles for $11,400 from a BMW dealer.

Plan on replacing all the oil filter housing gaskets...search, it is a pretty easy DIY.

Replace plugs. I replaced all suspension with Solowerks S1 coilovers and all new control arms, plus new tie rods, and stabilizer links for about $700. Really happy with it. I have another e90 330i and ran the same suspension setup replacing the OEM sport setup. Good luck with purchase.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms