Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 01-17-2014, 04:00 PM

Mein Auto: E90
New amp & sub - Very Low Volume

I have been on here for a while now ...but just floating about reading posts rather than posting.
Hoping to change all that.

I have a few issues that I am hoping to resolve by conversing with you loveley lot
I also have a few usefull posts to posts on gotchas I have found along my way

Now ...I have searched and read tons of posts/threads regarding the issues I have (on here and other forums) but either get conflicting thoughts regarding resolution or have slightly different syptoms to that of the posts that I have read - just so you know I am not being lazy by posting up or bumping old threads

Issue number 1.

1. . New Amp/Sub install - Very low volume

I know many of you may of heard this before but I cant seem to find answer in old threads so here goes........

I have installed brand new pioneer mono amp with brand new alpine 10inch sub. All installed correctly. Battery + reading 12V and - connected to car chassis. Have tested with multimeter and I am getting 14v at the amp. Checked cross-over, Have tweaked the gain settings etc, bypassed rca from headunit by connecting Ipod direct to amp with seperate rca cable. Checked the speaker terminal configuration, have the Sub Control wire connected, set the headunit for AMP .........l but very very low volume at sub.

I am hoping the AMP is knackered because I am stumped.

Any ideas apart from send Amp back ? ...one question I have is ....should I be getting a voltage with multimeter at speaker + and - terminal ? and what should it be ?

Here is my current set up with regards to car and car audio.

Car - BMW 330d 3 E90 (2007)
Head Unit - DVN-E9X (android)
Amplifier - Pioneer GM-D9601 Mono 2400W Class-D
Sub - Alpine SWR-10D4 - 10inch; (25 cm) Type-R Subwoofer (4ohm; + 4ohm)
Front Speakers - Alpine SPG-10C2 (10cm) COAXIAL 2-WAY SPEAKER
Rear Speakers - Alpine SXE-1750S (16.5cm DIN) Component
Wiring Kit - Vibe Slick 4 Gauge 2000w Amplifier Wiring Kit

any heklp would be great

ssorry for long speal ...just wanted to avoid unnecassary questions...
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2014, 09:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
What sound system came with the car?

My guess is you tapped the wrong channels.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 01-17-2014, 11:31 PM

Mein Auto: 325xi wagon
This guy might be able to help you

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=704363

He is London based and does coding and sound system stuff.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:04 PM

Hi, sound system that came with car was the standard BMW professional CD/Radio. I have taken that out and installed a Dynavin (Android) double din multimedia unit. It has 8 rca out cables (front left & right) (rear left & right) (av left and right) (sub right and left) ....I am using the sub left and right rca. I have tried plugging an Ipod directly into the amp also ...which I would think eliminate the sound system (headunit) ...and I still have very low sound.
One thing has me confused ....the AMP fitting instructions & user manual talks about a male terminal & female terminals on a remote wire - this is where I got lost....the AMP (Pioneer GM-D9601 Mono 2400W Class-D ) only has ONE terminal for the remote wire ? ? Am I missing something ?

Quote ;
"System remote control wire (sold seperately).
Connect male terminal of this wire to the system remote control terminal of the car stereo.
The female terminal can be connected to the auto-antenna relay control terminal.
If the car stereo lacks a system remote control terminal, connect the male terminal to the power terminal via the ignition switch."

Does that make sense to anyone ?

here the AMP user manual link if need be ;
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/St...nual100112.pdf

answers on a post card
Old 01-19-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=704363

He is London based and does coding and sound system stuff.
Note sure if he will beof help on this matter - my head unit is not BMW ...thanks anyway.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:54 AM

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
Did you set the gain properly, on the amp?

Also check the setting in the dynavin unit. There maybe a crossover that is set too low, not allowing the sub to play the frequencies you want.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |

Last edited by fdriller9; 01-20-2014 at 09:55 AM.