Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 01-17-2014, 04:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 335d
Question on Bosch Battery for 2009 335d

I saw online Bosch Battery at PepBoys for $144.
Any reason one cannot use this battery for my 2009 335d.
My battery seems to be weak and have put it on charger
and then test it to see if the battery is still good.
I know the battery has to be registered, have to see how to do that part
especially if the battery specs are different.
This Bosch has more CCA etc., is that a problem with BMW electronics?
Please advise
Thks
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2014, 06:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 E92
I can't add anything to that specific battery but I'm of the opinion that's its a good idea to stay away from bosch products in general whenever possible.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335D Msport
Bball, you need to match the A-hr rating and same battery chemistry if doing the direct register method. If you up the A-hr rating substantially, you need to "code" for that. I haven't done this but have read on here a fair bit. I lucked out and got a new battery replacement from the dealer including registering for free. I say "free" as you damn well know i paid for the cost in the car itself. I had made a spreadsheet of different battery options as i was thinking i would have to pay for it and didn't want to do the wrong thing.

The dealer changed my battery group number from 94R up to the larger group 49 (euro designation is H8. 94R is analogous to group H7). Here is the spreadsheet but be careful in its use. I think I came away thinking I would get the Orielly Auto one as it is made by east Penn (not on the spreadsheet). I did go back to Advance auto and look at their normal lead acid one (made by Johnson controls) in the H8 size and thought the sticker said 92 A-hr. My OEM battery was 90 A-hr and i believe that is close enough for a match that would only require the normal register then.

Wow, it says invalid file. It won't allow an excel spreadsheet. sheet man. If you want to PM me your personal email, i will send the spreadsheet to you. Us Texans need to help one another.

Last edited by BB_cuda; 01-18-2014 at 10:18 AM.