Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 01-18-2014, 01:18 PM

Mein Auto: 325d touring E91
E91 remote not working after battery connection

Hi,

I have just purchased my 325d touring e91 and I was advised to disconnect the battery to reset the bluetooth module as it wouldn't work. I no longer can get the remote locking on both keys to work. central locking button in the cockpit works fine

I have checked all the fuses all are ok.

cant understand why disconnecting the battery would cause such a problem. No remote locking and no bluetooth can any one help me.

Many thanks.
Ads by Google
Old 01-18-2014, 04:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325xi wagon
Did you only dissconnect the - terminal?

Old 01-18-2014, 08:58 PM

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
Pulling the power from these cars does nothing except reset the time and date. It doesn't clear codes. It doesn't reset modules. It doesn't reset adaptations, etc.

Most likely your MULF or TCU unit is faulty. Pretty common failure on these car, unfortunately.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 Rear Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 01-19-2014, 12:55 AM

Hi ctuna
Yes I only disconnected the neg- terminal. Would this make a difference?

Cheers.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:43 AM

Yes the negitive is correct.

Yes the negative is correct.
Because the positive has the battery distribution block
with all those connections.
Bluetooth and Locking are unrelated problems.
I have disconnected my battery before with no problems.

Last edited by ctuna; 01-19-2014 at 07:48 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:45 AM

How long do I need to leave it off for?
Old 01-19-2014, 07:53 AM

I don't have an exact time.

I don't have an exact time.
But I don't think its that long if you have to reset
the date when you power it up its been long enough
I think.
Also that sideways clamp on the battery requires that you have
the clamp for the terminal all the way down on the terminal
to get a good grip.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:55 AM

I'll give it a go thanks for your help.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:48 AM

I think the next step is to have a look at the diversity module under the spoiler.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:11 PM

Angry Replaced diversity module.

Hi,

Still having problems with the remote locking bit the bullet today a brought a new diversity module from BMW. fitted it and still nothing. ARRRRHHHH. Plugged in the computer and it came up with ''car communication computer faulty'' with the code E18F.

What to do next?
Old 01-23-2014, 12:23 PM

How old is this battery?

Do you have comfort access?

E18F is an issue with the MOST bus. Forget about this issue right now. It has nothing to do with your central locking system. However, it could be interfering with the bluetooth module if you have a TCU for bluetooth coms. If you have BMW Assist, you have a TCU.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 Rear Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |

Last edited by fdriller9; 01-23-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:28 PM

Hi, Thanks for the reply Looks like the original battery. I don't have comfort access. It does come up with the BMW contact detail on the head unit but no SOS button on the head lining.

Cheers.

Last edited by andrewlowings; 01-23-2014 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:37 PM

What year is the car?

I would say your battery is on it's last legs. If it's 4-5 years old, or older, you need a new battery.

Do you have the Logic 7 stereo system? Does sound in the vehicle work? If it doesn't there is a break in the most loop somewhere or a module is malfunctioning.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:42 PM

Every thing else on the car works fine apart from the bt and locking. Car is 6 years old. standard stereo not logic 7. radio works fine.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:45 PM

I'm not sure why you have a MOST fault then. You don't have any module on that loop...

Anyway, I would try a new battery. The new battery needs to be registered. Keep same spec and you don't have to program, then register.

The car shuts off convenience features when the battery condition is poor. It may have shut off your remote locking system but this is rare. You would notice other things disable first like heated seats/steering wheel, rear defroster, etc.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:50 PM

Heated seats and defroster all works fine. Ill try a new battery tomorrow to see if does anything. It has the professional stereo fitted with no iDrive.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:59 PM

The important thing here is registration. If the car did indeed shut off the remote access, only registration will turn it back on. The car needs to know there is a new battery. You can even register a "new" battery before replacing the current one. If it solves the issue, replace the battery. If it doesn't, you can leave it, though I would replace it regardless.

Old 01-23-2014, 01:05 PM

Thanks for your help. Ill give it ago tomorrow. I will keep you posted.

Thanks once again.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:59 PM

Hi,

Still nothing. Registered battery. I have also had the spoiler off again and rechecked all the wiring from/to the diversity unit and also as it goes through the boot lid. I had the keys checked today and they have a good charge and seem to be functioning ok.

I am completely stuck with this one?
Old 02-02-2014, 05:05 AM

Are there any faults in CAS module?