Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)

E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by either an inline 6 in the 128 or the twin turbo rocket sled 135.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:37 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 1 Series 57
Mysterious box under boot lining just above battery.

Hey, first post so hope I'm doing things right!
I just bought a 2007 120i, I have the standard professional head unit and audio setup which is rubbish and have been looking at guides on here of how to improve it (I'm a full time sound tech so more just interested in what others have done that works and restrictions with speaker fittings etc). Anyway back to the point, when I test drove the car I noticed an electrical box in the boot next to the battery, I assumed this was an amplifier but now I know that I wouldn't have one and even if did it wouldn't be there. So that leads me to ask what is it? It is silver and has a few thin wires connected in one end and what looks to be a coaxial cable into the other.
If anyone can shed some light it would be great as it's now really bugging me!
Ads by Google
Old 01-23-2014, 01:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via MSN to RufusKing
Mein Auto: Z4 3.0i Roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamieclark1991 View Post
Hey, first post so hope I'm doing things right!
I just bought a 2007 120i, I have the standard professional head unit and audio setup which is rubbish and have been looking at guides on here of how to improve it (I'm a full time sound tech so more just interested in what others have done that works and restrictions with speaker fittings etc). Anyway back to the point, when I test drove the car I noticed an electrical box in the boot next to the battery, I assumed this was an amplifier but now I know that I wouldn't have one and even if did it wouldn't be there. So that leads me to ask what is it? It is silver and has a few thin wires connected in one end and what looks to be a coaxial cable into the other.
If anyone can shed some light it would be great as it's now really bugging me!
can you see a part number on it. you might be able to doa search for th epart number and fnd out. I also would look at getbmwparts.com they are good for answers like this.

2009 BMW Z4 sDrive 3.0i

I call her weezey

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i Roadster - Sold and I miss her.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:01 AM

Thanks for the reply, I can't find a part number as it's bolted down and it's not bothering me enough to remove it. Here are some pictures though!Attachment 418596Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1390557667.746021.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	418599

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 01-24-2014, 05:25 AM

Mein Auto: 135i
thats your mulf for USB and aux
if u have that you can add bluetooth to your car for lesss than $40 in parts from dealer
Old 01-24-2014, 12:14 PM

Ok, I already have bluetooth so that kinda makes sense. Don't get why it's in the boot, surely it would have been easier to stick it in the dash somewhere!
I don't have USB, just the aux in under the armrest, how easy is it to add USB support and does it support iphone?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app