Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 M3 vert
Days on market

My 2011 M3 vert comes off lease soon. I did some research to see what similar cars were selling for, and found most prices were less than residual (no surprise). What I found more interesting was that many were on the market for 4 -5 months (research done on cargurus). While many of us think the M3 is a great car, why is there so little demand????
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2014, 05:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 M3
Interesting. Is this for certs only or sedan and coupes as well? At the end of the day I am not totally surprised given the imminent release of the new M3 and M4...
Old 01-23-2014, 07:41 AM

Many of the listings on cargurus were not BMW dealers, and included sedans and coupes. The certs were priced higher (as you would expect), and seemed to be on market for less days.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:51 AM

Mein Auto: e46 ZHP, e90 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by babikes View Post
Many of the listings on cargurus were not BMW dealers, and included sedans and coupes. The certs were priced higher (as you would expect), and seemed to be on market for less days.
I think it's general to all BMW's not just M3's! Most people would steer clear of BMW's without some sort of warranty and this is even worse for M3's.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:19 AM

Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
Uh my buddy just sold his car mid lease for 2k more than the buyout price.

What I've noticed is most are holding their value. Now maybe becuase you bought new it doesn't look that way, but had you bought one used last year or two you would not have lost a significant amount of money.

Verts though nobody seems to want those which is quite understandable lol.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTerp View Post
Uh my buddy just sold his car mid lease for 2k more than the buyout price.

What I've noticed is most are holding their value. Now maybe becuase you bought new it doesn't look that way, but had you bought one used last year or two you would not have lost a significant amount of money.

Verts though nobody seems to want those which is quite understandable lol.
Spoken like a true Northerner! You'd think differently if you lived in FL.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW M3 Convertible
I also have a vert coming off lease in 2 weeks. Here in SoCal well priced cars are selling quickly.

I think the m3 verbs never sold well. They are sort of in no mans land. Too heavy for true m enthusiasts and too rough and expensive ( both price and maintenance and gas)for the average vert buyer.

I'm still debating whether to buy it or let it go. I honestly would have never gotten the car if I didn't get it for 660/ month but I truly love the car and love driving it with the top down. I came from an 07 m5 and this m3 is still a blast to drive.

I've been offered 3k off residual and I'm still 50/50.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:24 AM

Mein Auto: Dinan///M3 - Countryman S
Not sure if this a "Vert" issue or your residual is way too high. I just purchased mine of lease last week and can very easily flip and make about 4k on it if I sell now. Even with the release of the new car, the E9x platform will still see nice money. Remember, a new platform will bring new issues and you'll need new money to get into them. Long live the E9x and the S65 motor ..............Phil

2011.5 Dinan ///M3:
SSII DCT
Comp, Conv, Premium 2 Pkg
Heated Seats
Enhnd Prem Sound
BMW Edition Grills / Gills
BMW M Perf. Steering Wheel
BMW Carbon Fiber Perf. Spoiler
BMW Pedals
Dinan Exhaust
Dinan Mid Racing Exhaust (x-pipe)
Dinan Carbon Fiber Intake
Dinan Racing Middle Exhaust Software
Dinan DCT Tune
Dinan Pulley Kit
Dinan CH-R Wheels
Dinan Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces
IND M5 Scheme Mirror Caps
Arkym Front Lip
Carbon Front Reflectors
Lux H8 V3
Brembo 365mm BBK
Old 01-24-2014, 06:44 AM
East Coast Commuter

Mein Auto: 435/x3 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by babikes View Post
Spoken like a true Northerner! You'd think differently if you lived in FL.
Not so. Coupes hold their value better in Florida too. Demand for coupes is high and availability is low. This is what my dealer told me. Too bad for him that I refuse to let mine go.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 01-30-2014, 10:19 AM

Mein Auto: Non BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by poncekim View Post
I also have a vert coming off lease in 2 weeks. Here in SoCal well priced cars are selling quickly.

I think the m3 verbs never sold well. They are sort of in no mans land. Too heavy for true m enthusiasts and too rough and expensive ( both price and maintenance and gas)for the average vert buyer.

I'm still debating whether to buy it or let it go. I honestly would have never gotten the car if I didn't get it for 660/ month but I truly love the car and love driving it with the top down. I came from an 07 m5 and this m3 is still a blast to drive.

I've been offered 3k off residual and I'm still 50/50.
What is residual on your vert? Do you mind sharing the details so those of us who are in the market could get some idea? A three year lease would put your car as a 2011 model Please confirm that as well.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupedncal View Post
What is residual on your vert? Do you mind sharing the details so those of us who are in the market could get some idea? A three year lease would put your car as a 2011 model Please confirm that as well.
My 2011 vert had an msrp of ~ 72k, and has a 46.4k residual (off lease in May).
Old 02-06-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupedncal View Post
2011 msrp was around 78.5k. Residual 50.2. Keep in mind I leased the car during the "sale" when BMW pumped up the residual to move cars.

I ended up buying the car. I love driving it, it's in great shape and only has 17.5k miles. I contacted a few local dealers and got them to bid against each other. Starting offer was 48k. Final purchase price was 44.5k.

I think demand for these cars right now are at its weakest point as the new 435 has just been released, we are in the middle of winter when demand for convertibles are at its lowest and there are a lot of these coming off lease from the sale 3 years ago.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
2011 msrp was around 78.5k. Residual 50.2. Keep in mind I leased the car during the "sale" when BMW pumped up the residual to move cars.

I ended up buying the car. I love driving it, it's in great shape and only has 17.5k miles. I contacted a few local dealers and got them to bid against each other. Starting offer was 48k. Final purchase price was 44.5k.

I think demand for these cars right now are at its weakest point as the new 435 has just been released, we are in the middle of winter when demand for convertibles are at its lowest and there are a lot of these coming off lease from the sale 3 years ago.
Interesting. I'll give it a try.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:

I'm buying at a final purchase price of 44.6k - also saving last 2 lease payments, so final cost will be 43.5 (my MSRP was just under 69k). Probably not as good a deal, but I'm satisfied.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:47 AM
iLike iDrive

Mein Auto: 99 Z3, 04 330CiC
I'm also buying out my '11 M3 E93 at lease end this week. KBB is around $52k and not that common with the 6MT.

US MSRP: $77k (can't remember ED MSRP)
Residual: $48.9k
Negotiated buyout price: $46.2k
Less $2k MSD: $44k final price (then calculate/add CA sales tax)

I wanted to "shop" the car for the lowest possible buyout price, but unsure how to approach other BMW dealers. I heard that the original dealer I leased from would see that other BMW dealers viewed the BMWFS buyout price, and that might affect my negotiation with the original dealer.

I bought a used '06 997 C2S Cab a couple of weeks ago, thinking it would be my daily driver and turn in the M3. But it would've been too nice to use as a DD.

Last edited by ger3sf; 02-11-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger3sf View Post
I'm also buying out my '11 M3 E93 at lease end this week. KBB is around $52k and not that common with the 6MT.

US MSRP: $77k (can't remember ED MSRP)
Residual: $48.9k
Negotiated buyout price: $46.2k
Less $2k MSD: $44k final price (then calculate/add CA sales tax)

I wanted to "shop" the car for the lowest possible buyout price, but unsure how to approach other BMW dealers. I heard that the original dealer I leased from would see that other BMW dealers viewed the BMWFS buyout price, and that might affect my negotiation with the original dealer.

I bought a used '06 997 C2S Cab a couple of weeks ago, thinking it would be my daily driver and turn in the M3. But it would've been too nice to use as a DD.
Shopping the car is really easy. Just call any dealer in your area and ask for the lease end department. Give him your vin and he can give you a quote in a few minutes.

Basically, all the dealers get the same purchase price from BMW. They then try to get as much profit as possible. Since you are coming to them and practically giving them a sale with no effort, someone should be willing to make less than 1000 on the car.

I don't think it matters whether the original dealer knows you are shopping it or not. Either they will offer to beat/match your best offer or let you walk.