Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 01-26-2014, 04:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 BMW 335d Sport
2010 335d won't start, hazard dash light flashing uncontrollably fast

So here is a new one, couldn't find any information on it anywhere.

My car just randomly starting making a clicking noise, and so I sat in it and the hazard button is flashing uncontrollably fast (5x as fast as it normally would be). There is a clicking noise going with that , coming from behind the dash in the area of the glovebox. No lights will come on, I can't start the car, unlock/lock it or anything else. Nothing on the key works either (tried 2 keys).

Any ideas? The last thing I did before this happened was unlock the doors. I came back later on a few hours later and this was happening.

Ads by Google
Old 01-27-2014, 03:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2007-335 HTC
The fuse box is behind the glove box. Probably the flasher went bad?
Old 01-27-2014, 04:24 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyD View Post
So here is a new one, couldn't find any information on it anywhere.

My car just randomly starting making a clicking noise, and so I sat in it and the hazard button is flashing uncontrollably fast (5x as fast as it normally would be). There is a clicking noise going with that , coming from behind the dash in the area of the glovebox. No lights will come on, I can't start the car, unlock/lock it or anything else. Nothing on the key works either (tried 2 keys).

Any ideas? The last thing I did before this happened was unlock the doors. I came back later on a few hours later and this was happening.

THIS - view & do video....
Old 01-28-2014, 06:18 AM

Just to follow up, eventually it was diagnosed as a faulty alarm siren. It was trying to go over continuously for about 24 hours, which in turn took out my battery. Both are being replaced, luckily under warranty since the alarm siren was faulty and subsequently destroyed the battery. Thanks to everyone who tried to help out here!

Old 01-28-2014, 09:07 AM

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
Wow I was not expecting an alarm to be the culprit after reading your first post. My guess was a faulty JBE module, which is located under the glove box and controls power distribution to various modules within the car.

Glad you got it sorted out.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | H&R Coilovers | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine Type-R 1242D | JL 500/1 | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 01-28-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdriller9 View Post
Wow I was not expecting an alarm to be the culprit after reading your first post. My guess was a faulty JBE module, which is located under the glove box and controls power distribution to various modules within the car.

Glad you got it sorted out.
Once I get the car back (waiting for part until tomorrow), I will post some more detailed information on the exact parts replaced. I only got the information over the phone with the SA, but more information is coming.