Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series

M Series
The ///M Series Forums. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 10-12-2004, 10:45 AM

Mein Auto: bmw x5 4.4
New imola red m3 coupe

I went to the dealership yesturday and I sat down and had a talk with the finance manager. Basically he told me with the amount I wanted to put down it would be very hard for me to finance and be at a reasonable monthly payment. So he talked to me about leasing. It sounded good so I put my name on the application with my fathers name. Got a call today and they approved us. Im so excited, I just have to wait for the papers to be sent to my dad and then when they come back I can pick up the car. Just realized something though my lease says im only allowed 10,000 miles a year. Break in period is until 1200 miles(i think). I just want to go out and put miles on it so i can break it in and start having fun, but my miles are limited The car is 2004 imola red with black interior. 19 inch wheels, 56 miles are on it. The finance manager says it has every option except for navigation. I will post pictures as soon as I bring the car home
Ads by Google
Old 10-12-2004, 10:56 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: M3
yup. 1,200 is th suggested break-in period, and it seems like forever!
you could probably get more miles with another lease deal, but it gets a lot more expensive.
there is likely a penelty for Miles over and I would check that very carefully.
It can be Prohibitve to exceed that limit!

hope it all works out, thing is a beast and you will get great smiles per mile with her.

Life is like a B Movie, you wouldn't want to sit through it twice, but you'd hate to leave it in the middle!
Old 10-12-2004, 11:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 Z3 Coupe
You may want to read this tread before signing that lease:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73950

Why do you really care about break in period when you lease. Just take it in for it's scheduled service. After three years, it won't be your problem and anything during the 3 years is covered. Just don't over rev thing, mis shift it or abuse it.

With a lease, miles are very deadly. Find out you're per mile cost. Then multiply it by 1500. That's what it could cost you to put those 1500 miles quickly.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:03 PM

Mein Auto: bmw x5 4.4
kevjandon, now you have just brought up a question, hopefully someone can correct me if im wrong. The reason why I care about the break in period is because a while back i remember reading on the forums that during the break in period if you go over 5,000 rpms the computer in the car takes note of it. So when you bring it back to get serviced it shows that you have been going over 5,000 rpms. So do any of you know if this is correct, or if I read false information?? Thanks for evryones help
Old 10-12-2004, 01:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 Z3 Coupe
[QUOTE= So when you bring it back to get serviced it shows that you have been going over 5,000 rpms. [/QUOTE]

I know the computer can tell if you over rev the car due to a mis shift or staying in gear to long. No idea if it knows that you have exactly gone over the 5K mark.

At any rate, you can still have a lot of fun in a car and keep it under 5K.

On a side note, do you think BMW adheres to the break in period on the cars at the driving school? They take em from the truck to the track.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:08 PM

Mein Auto: M3
it is not carved in stone... I exceeded the 5k several times during break-in, I takled to the SA and he said that it is fine, just don't red-line her, or drive above 5k for extended periods.
It is just advidory.

Life is like a B Movie, you wouldn't want to sit through it twice, but you'd hate to leave it in the middle!