Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 01-27-2014, 08:28 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 x5d, 99 M3
New E90 Owner! Have several questions...

Hi all. Long time lurker, finally pulled the trigger yesterday on an '07 335xi sedan with low miles.

Options: auto, cold, premium, sport, ipod

I pickup car tomorrow, and will have more questions after i play around a bit. Once i have more time i'll do more extensive searches on bimmerfest (so sorry for questions that have been asked before)

First questions are:

- Whats the best approach for getting recalls done? Are there mandatory and optional? Should i come to the dealer asking them to do certain ones, or is it out of my control and they will only give me the mandatory ones?

- What is best summer/performance tire? (i know this is subjective). I have the winter tires already.

- To keep summer and winter, is it easier/better to buy rims and change myself? Or forego the expense of rims and take the original rims and change the tires on the same set of rims? Pros/cons?

- What are some of the best sites to find used BMW rims for sale?

- What are some of the cheaper sites/dealers/best service for BMW parts and accessories?

- What is the cheapest/least harmful way to get more HP? And does it make a different in spirited driving on back roads/twisties? When i drove the car on the test drive, i floored it, and i'm sure it was going fast, but i was hoping throttle response was quicker and crisper. I was expecting more low end thrust than i saw, since it is turbo and max torque is low rpms.

Thanks for your time and help. Dan
Ads by Google
Old 01-27-2014, 08:40 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to Momukhamo
Mein Auto: 335i xdrive
hello congrats and welcome RECALLS are optional but its free so why not just call any BMW dealership and they will ask you some info so they can do the research if they were some recalls with your car.

its definitely easier to get a new set of rims n tires for winter or summer you dont wana pay to mount your tires every summer and you can just do it yourself too.

about getting more HP i just learned here recently about JB4 thanks for the experts here on this forum hehe.. just google or youtube it to learn more about it..
Old 01-27-2014, 12:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2007-335 HTC
My recommendation is purchase an extended warranty. Believe me It will pay for itself!
Old 01-27-2014, 01:08 PM

Mein Auto: 130i & E92 325i, E90 SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-kc View Post
Hi all. Long time lurker, finally pulled the trigger yesterday on an '07 335xi sedan with low miles.

Options: auto, cold, premium, sport, ipod

I pickup car tomorrow, and will have more questions after i play around a bit. Once i have more time i'll do more extensive searches on bimmerfest (so sorry for questions that have been asked before)

First questions are:

- Whats the best approach for getting recalls done? Are there mandatory and optional? Should i come to the dealer asking them to do certain ones, or is it out of my control and they will only give me the mandatory ones?

- What is best summer/performance tire? (i know this is subjective). I have the winter tires already. : KUMHO KU31 Cheap and quiet... sticky too

- To keep summer and winter, is it easier/better to buy rims and change myself? Or forego the expense of rims and take the original rims and change the tires on the same set of rims? Pros/cons? : Get wheels and Tires and just swap over

- What are some of the best sites to find used BMW rims for sale? : Ebay

- What are some of the cheaper sites/dealers/best service for BMW parts and accessories? : Bavarianautosports http://www.bavauto.com/

- What is the cheapest/least harmful way to get more HP? And does it make a different in spirited driving on back roads/twisties? When i drove the car on the test drive, i floored it, and i'm sure it was going fast, but i was hoping throttle response was quicker and crisper. I was expecting more low end thrust than i saw, since it is turbo and max torque is low rpms.

Thanks for your time and help. Dan
some my my thoughts
06 130i - ROCK SOLID Performer
07 320i - SOLD
08 E92 325i - Blue SOLD
Bicycles: Giant TCR Advanced Zero SOLD, Argon 18 Krypton, Argon 18E114, Trek Madone COMING
BOUGHT : MY11.5 X1 Xdrive25i

New car... Estoril Blue Car