Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 01-28-2014, 10:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 750Li
Performance Upgrade for 2011 750li?

Hey everyone, now that I have the exterior of my vehicle looking the way I want. I looking for some advice on a performance upgrade. Can someone suggest a simple (hopefully plug and play) performance upgrade that will give the most bang for your buck. I really don't feel like this car needs a lot, but it would be nice to find something cost efficient that will provide a noticeable difference. Also I don't want to have to send the ecu somewhere or be without the car for an extended period of time.
Look forward to your advice. Thanks
Ads by Google
Old 01-28-2014, 11:04 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F01 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by invest4you View Post
Hey everyone, now that I have the exterior of my vehicle looking the way I want. I looking for some advice on a performance upgrade. Can someone suggest a simple (hopefully plug and play) performance upgrade that will give the most bang for your buck. I really don't feel like this car needs a lot, but it would be nice to find something cost efficient that will provide a noticeable difference. Also I don't want to have to send the ecu somewhere or be without the car for an extended period of time.
Look forward to your advice. Thanks
I have not done either yet but BMS Stage 1 and a PedalBox should do the trick! All can be self installed and will cost you less than $700.

Read the "Dinan Scum" Thread and you will find out a lot.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:52 PM

Mein Auto: ///M7
BMS Stage 1 & Pedalbox. Done.

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:25 PM

Thank you. Any suggestions on where to buy both?
Old 01-28-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Thank you. Any suggestions on where to buy both?
BMS: www.burgertuning.com
Pedalbox: www.motivemods.com

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:01 AM

Thank you. I ordered mine on Friday, will let you know how I like it.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 02-05-2014, 10:29 AM

Raj, I installed the stage 1 last night. I haven't had much time to drive, but I really can't say that I notice much of a difference. Hopefully the more time I'm in the car, the more I will notice it. Also it's 0 degrees here, so it doesn't make it much fun to drive. Any thoughts? Thanks

Old 02-06-2014, 03:37 PM
CABimmerNation

Mein Auto: 2010 750i M Sport
Quote:
Raj, I installed the stage 1 last night. I haven't had much time to drive, but I really can't say that I notice much of a difference. Hopefully the more time I'm in the car, the more I will notice it. Also it's 0 degrees here, so it doesn't make it much fun to drive. Any thoughts? Thanks

If you can't feel anything, it's definitely not installed correctly. Oh wait, you said bms, I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about Dinan. Yeah, you really don't feel any difference with the bms, sorry.
Dinan S3, PedalBox, 22" Agetro rims, H&R spt springs, RDsport front lip, coded, paddle shift retrofit, AlpineMSS HID 8000k. All exterior chrome, roof, roof spoiler and everything behind wheels painted black, wing, side and rear reflectors and door handle trim painted white, light smoke on tail lights. Audio: focal separates, earthquake low profile subs under front seats (crossed over as mid base to support the pathetic 4" fronts), arc audio amps, audiocontrol lcq-1 and epicenter, (2) L7 subs.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 750i X Drive
invest, let me know if you end up liking the BMS and how easy was it to install? I'm semi considering this as well. I was thinking pedalbox but honestly, i don't like the controller box gizmo sitting out in the cabin.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:50 PM
CABimmerNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLF750 View Post
invest, let me know if you end up liking the BMS and how easy was it to install? I'm semi considering this as well. I was thinking pedalbox but honestly, i don't like the controller box gizmo sitting out in the cabin.
20 minute install and its hidden in the ash tray. Follow aom7 step by step guide, it's simple. Turned mine off last night for the first time, before giving the car to a valet, and it felt like I was stuck in mud. You really want an ecu tune and pedalbox, but if you could only have one, pedalbox is the way to go.
Dinan S3, PedalBox, 22" Agetro rims, H&R spt springs, RDsport front lip, coded, paddle shift retrofit, AlpineMSS HID 8000k. All exterior chrome, roof, roof spoiler and everything behind wheels painted black, wing, side and rear reflectors and door handle trim painted white, light smoke on tail lights. Audio: focal separates, earthquake low profile subs under front seats (crossed over as mid base to support the pathetic 4" fronts), arc audio amps, audiocontrol lcq-1 and epicenter, (2) L7 subs.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CABimmerNation View Post
20 minute install and its hidden in the ash tray. Follow aom7 step by step guide, it's simple. Turned mine off last night for the first time, before giving the car to a valet, and it felt like I was stuck in mud. You really want an ecu tune and pedalbox, but if you could only have one, pedalbox is the way to go.
Agreed. When I turn it off, I want to kick the car to get it moving. Amazing change.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:10 PM

The more I drive it the more I think I like it. I agree with both of you and ordered a pedal box today. I think the combination of both will be a nice addition. Will keep you posted. Thanks for the advice.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:16 PM

DLF, the install on the BMS was relatively easy. Probably took 30 minutes. The car feels really quick while rolling, but stills has that lag where I think the pedal box will really help.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 750i
Though the N63 tune works on the 09's thru present 750s, BMS also has an N63tu tune now. Since I lagged on placing my order I guess I'm going to get that one. It's listed for the '14 550 but they said they're going to update it so that buyers know it works on the 13+ 650/750's too.

Sent my pedalbox back today. Mine was having some issues and was causing the car to have small sporadic accelerations when at idle. Didn't like the way it felt during city driving anyway and usually had to turn it off unless I was on the highway. Guess I'll just get used to pushing the accelerator farther down.

2013 750i Mineral White
Previous Bimmers:
2011 750i Jet Black
2007 750i Monaco Blue
Old 02-06-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamG13 View Post
Though the N63 tune works on the 09's thru present 750s, BMS also has an N63tu tune now. Since I lagged on placing my order I guess I'm going to get that one. It's listed for the '14 550 but they said they're going to update it so that buyers know it works on the 13+ 650/750's too.

Sent my pedalbox back today. Mine was having some issues and was causing the car to have small sporadic accelerations when at idle. Didn't like the way it felt during city driving anyway and usually had to turn it off unless I was on the highway. Guess I'll just get used to pushing the accelerator farther down.
Sorry to hear that about your pedal box man. I just got some amazing 0-60 times with my old BMS and pedalbox. I'm getting the new BMS likely next week or the following. If all works out I should be in the 4.1-4.2 sec 0-60 range then.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 750Li
Quote:
Mine is hidden in my ashtray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CABimmerNation View Post
If you can't feel anything, it's definitely not installed correctly. Oh wait, you said bms, I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about Dinan. Yeah, you really don't feel any difference with the bms, sorry.
I have the "new" Stage 1 installed on my car and as soon as the weather breaks, I will be back at the track. As you may recall, I have documented Dinan and BMS and so far, neither has done much.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard109 View Post
Mine is hidden in my ashtray.

I have the "new" Stage 1 installed on my car and as soon as the weather breaks, I will be back at the track. As you may recall, I have documented Dinan and BMS and so far, neither has done much.
Definitely getting that wood on my next car. Really looks good in contrast to the black interior. Ended up with ash grey on my last two 7's which I like, but doesn't really stand out much against all of the black leather.

I wouldn't think the PedalBox would actually have an affect on the 0-60 time, since it'd really just be the difference in time it'd take for you foot to hit the normal full-throttle position (the floor board) as compared to whatever pedal position the pedalbox remaps full-throttle to. I'd think this would be fairly insignificant?

2013 750i Mineral White
Previous Bimmers:
2011 750i Jet Black
2007 750i Monaco Blue
Old 02-06-2014, 10:09 PM

Raj & richard - was there some kind of problem with your previous bms tunes? Saw on deletme thread that you had sent yours back.

2013 750i Mineral White
Previous Bimmers:
2011 750i Jet Black
2007 750i Monaco Blue
Old 02-07-2014, 07:05 AM

Thanks guys. I'll look for those install instructions, not sure I can dismantle anything in the car to get the thing to run into the ashtray. And if I did, where oh where would i put my change holder? huh? didn't think about that didya?
Old 02-07-2014, 07:05 AM

Thanks guys. I'll look for those install instructions, not sure I can dismantle anything in the car to get the thing to run into the ashtray. And if I did, where oh where would i put my change holder? huh? didn't think about that didya?
Old 02-07-2014, 07:17 AM

saw the install instructions, just not sure how EASY it is to remove that center console...anyone have MORE details?
Old 02-07-2014, 07:50 AM
CABimmerNation

Quote:
saw the install instructions, just not sure how EASY it is to remove that center console...anyone have MORE details?
It's ridiculously easy, just follow his instruction.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:53 AM
CABimmerNation

Never have done it before should take you 20-30 minutes. If you have done it before, you could take it apart, install the pedalbox and put it back together in under 5 minutes.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:45 AM

I'll muck it up for sure.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:18 AM

I recently received the error "engine malfunction" and the car went into reduced power mode. This only happened when the car was on reserve fuel. Does anyone know if this was due to the stage 1 tuner obviously increasing the fuel rate? The warning went away after I fueled up?