Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 02-19-2014, 10:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F01 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by invest4you View Post
I recently received the error "engine malfunction" and the car went into reduced power mode. This only happened when the car was on reserve fuel. Does anyone know if this was due to the stage 1 tuner obviously increasing the fuel rate? The warning went away after I fueled up?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I would send terry an email. Have you been tracking your fuel economy?
Old 02-19-2014, 10:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 750Li
Not as closely as I should. I do know that the fuel economy is very poor and often shows in the in the cluster being under 10.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:44 AM

I'm also noticing at low rpm's it sometimes seems to have a stalling feeling or somewhat rough idle. It isn't horrible, but this car is to new to me to know if this is normal.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:00 PM

Was it doing that before your tune?
Old 02-19-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Not as closely as I should. I do know that the fuel economy is very poor and often shows in the in the cluster being under 10.
Reset it
Old 02-20-2014, 04:50 PM

I reset the fuel consumption and over the last 2 days have averaged 9.7mpg. My commute to work is in the city and only 5 miles, but this still seems extremely low.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:01 PM
CABimmerNation

Mein Auto: 2010 750i M Sport
Quote:
I reset the fuel consumption and over the last 2 days have averaged 9.7mpg. My commute to work is in the city and only 5 miles, but this still seems extremely low.
I get that or less.
Dinan S3, PedalBox, 22" Agetro rims, H&R spt springs, RDsport front lip, coded, paddle shift retrofit, AlpineMSS HID 8000k. All exterior chrome, roof, roof spoiler and everything behind wheels painted black, wing, side and rear reflectors and door handle trim painted white, light smoke on tail lights. Audio: focal separates, earthquake low profile subs under front seats (crossed over as mid base to support the pathetic 4" fronts), arc audio amps, audiocontrol lcq-1 and epicenter, (2) L7 subs.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:06 PM

I guess I don't feel so bad then. Thanks. BTW Your car looks amazing!
Old 02-21-2014, 09:52 AM

Mein Auto: 750 Li
Stage 1 and Maintenance?

I have a 2010 750Li with a BMS Stage 1. I'm out of factory warranty, but have an aftermarket warranty. I intend to continue to use the Dealership for maintenance.

Question - Since it is out of factory warranty, do I need to remove the BMS Stage 1 when I take it in for routine maintenance, or can I leave it in and they wonít care, because it is no longer under factory warranty? I've already snapped off one of the retainer clips last time I had to take it in, and donít really want to have to take it out again. Anyone have any experience with this? Apreciate your responses.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:35 PM
CABimmerNation

Mein Auto: 2010 750i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSNSIM View Post
I have a 2010 750Li with a BMS Stage 1. I'm out of factory warranty, but have an aftermarket warranty. I intend to continue to use the Dealership for maintenance.

Question - Since it is out of factory warranty, do I need to remove the BMS Stage 1 when I take it in for routine maintenance, or can I leave it in and they wonít care, because it is no longer under factory warranty? I've already snapped off one of the retainer clips last time I had to take it in, and donít really want to have to take it out again. Anyone have any experience with this? Apreciate your responses.
There is really no exact answer. Some have even had their dealership install the BMS. I would guess that it would be fine to leave it in. You could call your SA and ask him "if" you got a BMS tune, would it have any barring on a third party extended warranty?

invest4you thanks, you going to bimmerfest?
Dinan S3, PedalBox, 22" Agetro rims, H&R spt springs, RDsport front lip, coded, paddle shift retrofit, AlpineMSS HID 8000k. All exterior chrome, roof, roof spoiler and everything behind wheels painted black, wing, side and rear reflectors and door handle trim painted white, light smoke on tail lights. Audio: focal separates, earthquake low profile subs under front seats (crossed over as mid base to support the pathetic 4" fronts), arc audio amps, audiocontrol lcq-1 and epicenter, (2) L7 subs.