Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 01-28-2014, 10:43 PM

Mein Auto: Mustang
First time BMW owner,need some advice

Just picked up a 2007 328 sedan alpine white, beige interior.
I have very little experience with German cars, just my wife's 06 Mini Cooper S not the same thing I know.

Car is very clean, but does have some dirt in the "grain" of the leather on the arm rest and a little on the seats. What is the best method and what should I use to clean without damaging the leather?

Any wax recomendaotions for a white car? I have always used meguires carnuba on my other cars but they are very dark blue, black and red, my first white car.

I am also a little confused on the equipment in the car. It has all the sports package with the exception of the paddle shifters. I ran the Vin and it listed m sport suspension, I assume that is same as the sports package?
Ads by Google
Old 01-28-2014, 11:12 PM

Didn't see the detail section until just now, so disregard the leather question.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:08 AM

Mein Auto: 08 328i Coupe
There is a topic on the difference of msport suspension and sports package...wait a sec not telling you to search...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=691872

OK now you can see what i was talking about.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:09 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncpantherfan View Post
I have very little experience with German cars, just my wife's 06 Mini Cooper S not the same thing I know.

Car is very clean, but does have some dirt in the "grain" of the leather on the arm rest and a little on the seats. What is the best method and what should I use to clean without damaging the leather?

Any wax recomendaotions for a white car? I have always used meguires carnuba on my other cars but they are very dark blue, black and red, my first white car.

I am also a little confused on the equipment in the car. It has all the sports package with the exception of the paddle shifters. I ran the Vin and it listed m sport suspension, I assume that is same as the sports package?

Son, you've bought yourself a peck o'trouble! Were I you I'd buy a water pump right away, and view THIS

Sport Suspension? Pish posh. At 60k mi, you'll badly need THIS
Old 01-29-2014, 05:19 AM
now driving number eight!

Mein Auto: 2007 S2000
Congrats on the new ride!

Just bought an 07 sedan for my son......it should be a solid car.

SoftScrub will clean the leather....really.....treat it with conditioner after cleaning.

We also have a 2002 alpine white 330i that has lived outside most of its life. Turtle Wax every 6 months or so.......paint is still glossy!

How many miles on your car?

"sometimes you're the windshield .... sometimes you're the bug"

2014 328i Mojave Metallic
2009 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 Honda S2000 Berlina Black
(Hey Jim... am I diversified?)

Last edited by laser; 01-29-2014 at 05:21 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:19 AM
Code/wrench Monkey

Mein Auto: Miata NC2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncpantherfan View Post

Zaino lasts for ages. Make it easy to hand-wash. Depending on use it'll still bead a year later. white cars don't shine like darker colors so just go for the longest lasting final coat available. Having several white and black cars in the past I now own almost exclusively silver.. the blue car in the pic below was bought used for about half price at 10k miles so I am tolerating it not being silver.

Lexol for the leather - Amazon sell it. Buy the cleaner and conditioner. I've always had black leather so it looks good after a few years in the house one of my leather couches was bought in 1997 and still looks almost new - it's sagged a little over the last seventeen years and that's it - it's been moved to the US from the UK and up and down the length of the east coast!

Wheel shifters were a (cheap) option on top of the sports package

Six Euro Deliveries since December 1998 (Owned E46, E90, E91, E92 and E93)

28 vehicles in 26 years of driving so far. Guess I like cars

Last edited by MP3_E46; 01-29-2014 at 05:23 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:26 AM

Mein Auto: 08 328i Coupe
The n52 engine also have these water pump issues?
Old 01-29-2014, 08:09 AM

Bemwww, i saw the thread you linked, but that was for the new 3 series. I didn't think it would apply to the e90, it is the same?

Calwaterboy, I had the car checked over and it got a clean bill of health. I did get an extended warranty so I will keep an eye on the water pump, thanks for the tip. However, I don't understand why I would need to do an aftermarket suspension?

Lazer, it has 55k and looks very good. It wasn't abused.

Mp3, thanks for the advice on a white car. I will pick up the lexol pair as soon as the snow down here in NC is gone. By any chance were you in the military? I spent 4 years in the UK also.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:21 AM
Code/wrench Monkey

Mein Auto: Miata NC2
Nah, English by birth. Work with Accenture for the Stock Exchange + BP's Oil trading divisions then fled the country. Taxes were crippling + everything is so much more affordable here.

Water pumps die on all BMWs AFAIK. Possibly it a designed lifespan to generate out of warranty profit. I am convinced that's part of the BMW business case. Manufactures do so much testing these days that they must know the average life span of components + actually design it in. E.g. Honda/ Toyota interiors are designed to disintegrate early even though their major mechanicals generally go to 300K miles. Almost all manufactures seem to want their auto-boxes to fail at ~120K miles plus. If they didn't they'd mandate fluid changes. Engine oils have become so good that engines rarely end a car's life these days - other than neglect.

Six Euro Deliveries since December 1998 (Owned E46, E90, E91, E92 and E93)

28 vehicles in 26 years of driving so far. Guess I like cars
Old 01-29-2014, 10:22 AM

I know about the water pumps, mini Cooper one went out at 45k. If I remember right bill from dealer was $2400 for pump, thermostat, housing, assorted small items and labor. The warrantee on her car paid for itself on that one repair. Waiting on a new wiper motor to come in for it now. Another 800 saved.
Seeing those repair bills was the reason I got it for my car.