Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 02-04-2014, 01:35 PM

Mein Auto: 328XI
328XI 2007 help!

Hi guys, i have a little problem with my BMW and i'm sure someone here can be helping me

Last friday when i came back home, i run on the high way on cruze controle and (ABS) 4X4 light happen in my dash. So this one remove my cruze, DTC and ABS.

When i stop and start again my cars, now i have new light open ! Now i see 4x4! DTC remove and check engin.

So i scan my car with a OBD2 and i saw P1774. I call my dealor who said ' sorry that was not a BMW code i can't helping you'

I Make son search on internet and i found problem with DSC hydraulic Pump that look like to be the same problem like me, but i ask you guys if you know this trouble.

Thanks
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2014, 01:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
If it's the pump, you can buy a used unit and separate the pump from the control unit and swap the pump onto your control unit.

If it's the control unit, you have to get a replacement (either new or used) and code it to the vehicle. Find someone who can code a used module before buying one. Not everyone can and dealerships rarely do coding on used parts. Especially a part that controls safety systems.

If you get your car scanned with a BMW specific scan tool, the DME will most likely have a specific fault stored for either the pump or control unit. This will tell you which is bad and you can go from there.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 02-04-2014, 01:56 PM

Mein Auto: 328XI
Thanks fdriller9,

That was exactly that kind on answer i think to find here.

Now i have a other question for us.

How i can test if it my pump problem or my control unit?