Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-09-2014, 09:34 AM
Pat_X5's Avatar
Pat_X5 Pat_X5 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Gabriel Valley - So Cal
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,449
Mein Auto: '13 Diesel X5 & MBZ R350
Cool Saw F15 on the road looked like an X3 from behind but my X5 looks muscular

Has anyone seen an F15 side by side on the road with their E70 ?

While on the freeway, I just saw a new white BMW SAV ahead of me while driving my white E70, thinking it was an X3, but when I caught up I finally saw the rear badge, it was the F15 X5.

First thing I noticed was the rear looked like an X3 - smaller profile, narrow looking, and the bumper trim was similar to the X3. Then I noticed while passing the F15, the side profile looked smaller than my E70 plus the front looked like a Lexus R350.

I guess I felt pretty good when the F15 driver tried to outpace my E70 so when I pressed the accelerator, my diesel pulled out quickly with a growl that showed the F15 (S drive 35i) who was the muscle torque boss on the freeway...

Gotta love our E70s - the last of the muscle SAVs with true hydraulic steering...
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 02-09-2014, 11:12 AM
FredoinSF FredoinSF is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Bay Area and Reno
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,647
Mein Auto: 650i 330cic X5d MINI
Agree, they look similar to the X3, probably because of all the black trim over the white. Most of it will probably get painted during LCI refresh similarly to the E70. I am loving the E70 and even more so after driving it through the only two Sierra snow storms of the season. Long term keeper if all the mechanicals hold up.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-09-2014, 01:30 PM
tommylicious tommylicious is offline
Registered User
Location: Chicago
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 34
Mein Auto: X5 E70 4.8
I think the tail lights are a travesty on it, the way they curl up at the ends. Nonstarter for me.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-09-2014, 02:10 PM
rh71 rh71 is offline
Among the Proud
Location: LI | NY
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 226
Mein Auto: X5 3.0si
not jealous of its looks in the least

interior would be another matter
__________________
'08 X5 3.0si - Alpine White / Saddle Brown interior
Specs: Sport, Premium, Tech, Comfort Access, Aero Kit, Style 433 staggered 20s on Conti DWS
Mods: Carbon 35 tint, LED angel eyes, GP Thunder 7500k fogs, H&R 20mm/25mm spacers, clear reflectors, gunsmoke-tinted taillights

-> more pics at Flickr <-
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-09-2014, 03:07 PM
blue dragon blue dragon is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Pickering/Toronto
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 719
Mein Auto: X5 35D
The Interior is in a different league entirely, love it. The exterior is meh, looks like the pre LCI X3....
__________________


| ZCW | ZPP | ZPS | ZRC | ZSP | ZTP | 322 | 2VA | 456 | 4AD | 4UB | 610 | 655 | 6FF | 6FL | Combox + CIC + LCI Headlight/Tailight retro |
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-09-2014, 04:31 PM
iconoclast iconoclast is offline
Automotive Addict
Location: In, Out & Around...
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 273
Mein Auto: Audi, BMW & MB...
x1, x3, x5 = small medium large. i do not care for the porsche inspired faux vent design on the sides.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-10-2014, 11:49 AM
BMWdewd BMWdewd is offline
Registered User
Location: NH
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 33
Mein Auto: 2010 328ix
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
x1, x3, x5 = small medium large. i do not care for the porsche inspired faux vent design on the sides.

^ agreed!

Last edited by BMWdewd; 09-02-2014 at 03:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-10-2014, 02:01 PM
adgrant adgrant is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York, NY
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,160
Mein Auto: 2011 X5 5.0
A RWD X5 is the travesty (and the steering of course).


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-11-2014, 07:10 AM
Kzang's Avatar
Kzang Kzang is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,796
Mein Auto: 2013 X5 35i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_X5 View Post
Has anyone seen an F15 side by side on the road with their E70 ?

While on the freeway, I just saw a new white BMW SAV ahead of me while driving my white E70, thinking it was an X3, but when I caught up I finally saw the rear badge, it was the F15 X5.

First thing I noticed was the rear looked like an X3 - smaller profile, narrow looking, and the bumper trim was similar to the X3. Then I noticed while passing the F15, the side profile looked smaller than my E70 plus the front looked like a Lexus R350.

I guess I felt pretty good when the F15 driver tried to outpace my E70 so when I pressed the accelerator, my diesel pulled out quickly with a growl that showed the F15 (S drive 35i) who was the muscle torque boss on the freeway...

Gotta love our E70s - the last of the muscle SAVs with true hydraulic steering...
I am not saying I disagree with you on the rear end of the new X5.. because similar thing happened to me while a F15 was ahead of me and I thought it was a X3 at first glance. IN my area F15 is very common now.

But the rest of your post sounds like you are just hating on it because you are jealous.. not because it looks better than your E70 but because its a newer design and the fact that it makes the E70 look somewhat outdated. I like the E70 design better than the F15 but I can see how the E70 looks outdated now when I drive next to a F15 side by side.

I personally am not fond of the new X5 but I don't see any reasons to hate on it. If you don't like it then keep your E70 until it falls apart and look for another E70 like the E39 ( 5 series ) crowds do. or until the next generation X5 debuts.
__________________
2013 X5 35i Premium, Space Gray, Cinnamon Brown Leather, Dark Bamboo wood trim, Conv. Pkg, CWP, Multi-contour seats, Running board, BMW App. Space saver tire.
Previous Cars
2010 535i - Deep Sea Blue w/ NBD Leather, Bamboo Anthracite WT, Sport Auto Trans w/ Paddle shifter, Sports Pkg, PP, CWP, Nav, HD Radio, Ipod.
2007 525i - Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Nevada Leather, Premium package, CWP, 6MT.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-11-2014, 07:16 AM
FredoinSF FredoinSF is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Bay Area and Reno
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,647
Mein Auto: 650i 330cic X5d MINI
I have to confess that I did not like the E70 at all when it came out. Looked bloated compared to the great design and just right size of first gen. I still feel it's larger than what I need 99% of the time, but I had to have the diesel and it is super comfy for my weekly 3.5 hour drives.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-11-2014, 10:16 AM
E92-Lighting's Avatar
E92-Lighting E92-Lighting is offline
info@e92-lighting.com
Location: Walnut CA
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,572
Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
Mein Auto: 335i
i concur, E70 X5!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-11-2014, 11:02 AM
roadie's Avatar
roadie roadie is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MA
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 523
Mein Auto: X5 3.5i, 911C4, C230
I have owned almost every model of BMW since 1990. AND EVERY MODEL CHANGE elicits the same response from the outgoing model owners - "OMG what a horrible new design", "OMG it's so bloated". "OMG it's lost its magic", blah blah blah blah.
Fortunately BMW forges ahead and we get the benefit of more modern, better handling, safer vehicles every time they change the model year.

After the CPO warranty on my E70 expires we will DEFINITELY get a F15. It's more modern, looks better, and overall, a superlative SAV to the outgoing model. To say otherwise is to just dwell in the past.
__________________
______________________________
2012 X5 3.5i
Porsche 911 Carrera 4

Retired but not forgotten:
2007 530xi
2002 530i
1999 ML320
1999 728i
1998 318ic
1997 520i
1997 C230
1996 325i
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-11-2014, 11:30 AM
xx xx is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Bimmerland, CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 358
Mein Auto: E83 X3 and E70 X5
^roadie is correct. It's always like that!!
__________________
E83 X3 | E70 X5
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-11-2014, 12:35 PM
Kzang's Avatar
Kzang Kzang is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,796
Mein Auto: 2013 X5 35i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie View Post
I have owned almost every model of BMW since 1990. AND EVERY MODEL CHANGE elicits the same response from the outgoing model owners - "OMG what a horrible new design", "OMG it's so bloated". "OMG it's lost its magic", blah blah blah blah.
Fortunately BMW forges ahead and we get the benefit of more modern, better handling, safer vehicles every time they change the model year.

After the CPO warranty on my E70 expires we will DEFINITELY get a F15. It's more modern, looks better, and overall, a superlative SAV to the outgoing model. To say otherwise is to just dwell in the past.
This is true to a certain extent.. in my case I had a 2007 525i.. the drive was perfect.. steering felt solid. My next car was a 535i sport.... same solid steering response and feel. Even better with the sport button pressed.

My next car I went with the E70 because the F10 was horrendous on looks and driving. I stuck with BMW because I love the way it drives.. Even in a SUV.

Now that all BMW's moving forward has the electric steering I am not so sure what my next move will be.
__________________
2013 X5 35i Premium, Space Gray, Cinnamon Brown Leather, Dark Bamboo wood trim, Conv. Pkg, CWP, Multi-contour seats, Running board, BMW App. Space saver tire.
Previous Cars
2010 535i - Deep Sea Blue w/ NBD Leather, Bamboo Anthracite WT, Sport Auto Trans w/ Paddle shifter, Sports Pkg, PP, CWP, Nav, HD Radio, Ipod.
2007 525i - Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Nevada Leather, Premium package, CWP, 6MT.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-11-2014, 02:38 PM
v8power v8power is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: IL
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 192
Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35i
All the F body model looks similar and boring. Saw the idrive screen of the new X at the dealership, looks like Thor hammered an ipad into the dash. Anyways, no more bmw for me. Drives great but quality is junk, don't know what's the fuss about "German quality" is about. My next vehicle is a Toyota 4everRunner
__________________
2011 X5 35i Sport
2007 E92 335i
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Pat_X5's Avatar
Pat_X5 Pat_X5 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Gabriel Valley - So Cal
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,449
Mein Auto: '13 Diesel X5 & MBZ R350
Kzang,
Am not jealous, as a matter of fact, I had an opportunity to get the F15 at the same time I was looking for the X5.
Just did not like the electric steering on the F15.

My post was meant to show that from a distance, the F15 exterior design was smaller in stature that the E70.
Yes, I have heard it all from the time the Bangle took various designs - especially the 528/535 line and "Bangleized" it.
But over time that design was accepted.

I know the F15 will take awhile to catch on, but looking like an X3 just makes the design look dated & cheap….

Maybe by the time I turn in the E70, I will see a much better LCI version F15…...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-11-2014, 02:54 PM
rh71 rh71 is offline
Among the Proud
Location: LI | NY
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 226
Mein Auto: X5 3.0si
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie View Post
I have owned almost every model of BMW since 1990. AND EVERY MODEL CHANGE elicits the same response from the outgoing model owners - "OMG what a horrible new design", "OMG it's so bloated". "OMG it's lost its magic", blah blah blah blah.
Fortunately BMW forges ahead and we get the benefit of more modern, better handling, safer vehicles every time they change the model year.

After the CPO warranty on my E70 expires we will DEFINITELY get a F15. It's more modern, looks better, and overall, a superlative SAV to the outgoing model. To say otherwise is to just dwell in the past.
The current gen X3 is a huge improvement over the old one but the emo-face that is the rear is still its downfall. The F15 went and copied it and it's basically a bigger emo-face. It's not going to be a positive thing if it was ugly to begin with. Personal opinions.
__________________
'08 X5 3.0si - Alpine White / Saddle Brown interior
Specs: Sport, Premium, Tech, Comfort Access, Aero Kit, Style 433 staggered 20s on Conti DWS
Mods: Carbon 35 tint, LED angel eyes, GP Thunder 7500k fogs, H&R 20mm/25mm spacers, clear reflectors, gunsmoke-tinted taillights

-> more pics at Flickr <-

Last edited by rh71; 02-11-2014 at 03:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-11-2014, 06:28 PM
adgrant adgrant is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York, NY
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,160
Mein Auto: 2011 X5 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie View Post
I have owned almost every model of BMW since 1990. AND EVERY MODEL CHANGE elicits the same response from the outgoing model owners - "OMG what a horrible new design", "OMG it's so bloated". "OMG it's lost its magic", blah blah blah blah.
Fortunately BMW forges ahead and we get the benefit of more modern, better handling, safer vehicles every time they change the model year.

After the CPO warranty on my E70 expires we will DEFINITELY get a F15. It's more modern, looks better, and overall, a superlative SAV to the outgoing model. To say otherwise is to just dwell in the past.
You are correct that every model change elicits a negative response from many outgoing model owners. Even the E46 had its critics among the E36 crowd. That doesn't alter the fact that most of the Bangle era cars were ugly, inside and out. The E70 marked the end of the ugly period IMHO. For an SUV it is quite good looking. The current Z4 is beautiful IMHO.

I think the current F chassis cars are a huge improvement over the Bangle era cars in the looks dept. It's such a pity most of them aren't any fun to drive (largely due to numb steering). The E60 and E90 provided a great driving experience.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-11-2014, 06:52 PM
roadie's Avatar
roadie roadie is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MA
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 523
Mein Auto: X5 3.5i, 911C4, C230
Quote:
Originally Posted by adgrant View Post
You are correct that every model change elicits a negative response from many outgoing model owners. Even the E46 had its critics among the E36 crowd. That doesn't alter the fact that most of the Bangle era cars were ugly, inside and out. The E70 marked the end of the ugly period IMHO. For an SUV it is quite good looking. The current Z4 is beautiful IMHO.

I think the current F chassis cars are a huge improvement over the Bangle era cars in the looks dept. It's such a pity most of them aren't any fun to drive (largely due to numb steering). The E60 and E90 provided a great driving experience.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
OMG. 10 effing yrs after Bangle introduced the E60 - people are STILL expressing it was a mistake? Do you realize that design is purely subjective, and for every BMW lover that hated the Bangle design (I did too), there were 10 others that loved it? That the E60 5 series outsold the E class 3 to 1? You write "the fact that most of the Banle era cars were ugly, inside and out" - You can have YOUR opinion that it was ugly, but it doesn't mean that it was a failure in design - because guess what, the public votes with their purchasing power - which makes your statement an opinion, NOT a fact.

I'm crabby - need my scotch.
__________________
______________________________
2012 X5 3.5i
Porsche 911 Carrera 4

Retired but not forgotten:
2007 530xi
2002 530i
1999 ML320
1999 728i
1998 318ic
1997 520i
1997 C230
1996 325i
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-11-2014, 07:30 PM
FredoinSF FredoinSF is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Bay Area and Reno
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,647
Mein Auto: 650i 330cic X5d MINI
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie View Post
OMG. 10 effing yrs after Bangle introduced the E60 - people are STILL expressing it was a mistake? Do you realize that design is purely subjective, and for every BMW lover that hated the Bangle design (I did too), there were 10 others that loved it? That the E60 5 series outsold the E class 3 to 1? You write "the fact that most of the Banle era cars were ugly, inside and out" - You can have YOUR opinion that it was ugly, but it doesn't mean that it was a failure in design - because guess what, the public votes with their purchasing power - which makes your statement an opinion, NOT a fact.

I'm crabby - need my scotch.
haha, had two people stop and ask about my E63 on a recent trip from Bay Area to San Diego. One thought it was new and was stalking me in the lobby of the hotel. He was waiting for me to come down to move the car from the registration parking area after I took my luggage to the room. I know that design is not everyone's cup of tea, but I think it's aging well and I really like the 3/4 front view with concave sport wheels. On top of that it's a fantastic road trip car for one or two people.
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-12-2014, 04:31 AM
gjohnsen gjohnsen is offline
Registered User
Location: Norway
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 38
Mein Auto: X5
Yes i Agree that the F15 looks to much like an larger x3. Went to a show rom where they parked an F15 an X3 side by side. It took me a few seconds to realize that the larger one was the F15;-)...And by the way; the E70 had a much warmer welcome than the F15, in both press and on internett forum. The F15 is a good seller here in Norway, and has received god tests - the only drawback the journalist has pointet out, is a boring design compared to the E70. No negatives yet regarding electric steering strange enough. No one that Ive seen i traffic has inpressed me yet, I allways think X3, oh no mistake, its the new F15. And no, im not jealuse, but it has sadly enough not made the same impact on me like the E70 when it came..Love at first sight...But I like the Cayenne, but wait until the facelift is done;-) But no F15 for me...
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-12-2014, 05:05 AM
adgrant adgrant is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York, NY
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,160
Mein Auto: 2011 X5 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie View Post
OMG. 10 effing yrs after Bangle introduced the E60 - people are STILL expressing it was a mistake? Do you realize that design is purely subjective, and for every BMW lover that hated the Bangle design (I did too), there were 10 others that loved it? That the E60 5 series outsold the E class 3 to 1? You write "the fact that most of the Banle era cars were ugly, inside and out" - You can have YOUR opinion that it was ugly, but it doesn't mean that it was a failure in design - because guess what, the public votes with their purchasing power - which makes your statement an opinion, NOT a fact.

I'm crabby - need my scotch.
Well obviously it's my opinion though I know plenty of people who had E39s who would not buy an E60 because they were too ugly for their taste. I am not sure the BMW management think the Bangle designs were so wonderful, they got rid of him. This whole thread is about the design of the F15 which some find ugly. I disagree, compared to an E60 the F15 is beautiful and elegant. As for what the masses think, I don't particularly care. The F10 is selling well and that thing drives like a boat compared to the E60 or E39. After driving one, I bought an E70 instead. Drove better and had more room.

So to reiterate my opinion, I have always hated most of the Bangle era cars designs, they were mostly awful. I was surprised the E70 actually looked better than it's predecessor. I loved the fact that they got rid of the double hump in favor of the teardrop dash. Shame they dropped that for the F15.




Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-12-2014, 07:10 AM
Kzang's Avatar
Kzang Kzang is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,796
Mein Auto: 2013 X5 35i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by adgrant View Post
Well obviously it's my opinion though I know plenty of people who had E39s who would not buy an E60 because they were too ugly for their taste. I am not sure the BMW management think the Bangle designs were so wonderful, they got rid of him. This whole thread is about the design of the F15 which some find ugly. I disagree, compared to an E60 the F15 is beautiful and elegant. As for what the masses think, I don't particularly care. The F10 is selling well and that thing drives like a boat compared to the E60 or E39. After driving one, I bought an E70 instead. Drove better and had more room.

So to reiterate my opinion, I have always hated most of the Bangle era cars designs, they were mostly awful. I was surprised the E70 actually looked better than it's predecessor. I loved the fact that they got rid of the double hump in favor of the teardrop dash. Shame they dropped that for the F15.




Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
The E39 owners will love the F chassis and the E60 will not..
I agree with Roadie that the E60 while very controversial at the beginning was a great success.. So many car companies copied the design elements of the bangle butt

This is my theory...When a new design change comes the previous model owners are envious and have hatred towards the newer model because it makes their car outdated regardless if they welcome the design change or not.
__________________
2013 X5 35i Premium, Space Gray, Cinnamon Brown Leather, Dark Bamboo wood trim, Conv. Pkg, CWP, Multi-contour seats, Running board, BMW App. Space saver tire.
Previous Cars
2010 535i - Deep Sea Blue w/ NBD Leather, Bamboo Anthracite WT, Sport Auto Trans w/ Paddle shifter, Sports Pkg, PP, CWP, Nav, HD Radio, Ipod.
2007 525i - Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Nevada Leather, Premium package, CWP, 6MT.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-12-2014, 07:12 AM
Kzang's Avatar
Kzang Kzang is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,796
Mein Auto: 2013 X5 35i Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_X5 View Post
Kzang,
Am not jealous, as a matter of fact, I had an opportunity to get the F15 at the same time I was looking for the X5.
Just did not like the electric steering on the F15.

My post was meant to show that from a distance, the F15 exterior design was smaller in stature that the E70.
Yes, I have heard it all from the time the Bangle took various designs - especially the 528/535 line and "Bangleized" it.
But over time that design was accepted.

I know the F15 will take awhile to catch on, but looking like an X3 just makes the design look dated & cheap….

Maybe by the time I turn in the E70, I will see a much better LCI version F15…...
I don't doubt your true intentions.. I just felt that reading your last two sentences it sounded otherwise. No biggie.
__________________
2013 X5 35i Premium, Space Gray, Cinnamon Brown Leather, Dark Bamboo wood trim, Conv. Pkg, CWP, Multi-contour seats, Running board, BMW App. Space saver tire.
Previous Cars
2010 535i - Deep Sea Blue w/ NBD Leather, Bamboo Anthracite WT, Sport Auto Trans w/ Paddle shifter, Sports Pkg, PP, CWP, Nav, HD Radio, Ipod.
2007 525i - Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Nevada Leather, Premium package, CWP, 6MT.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-12-2014, 07:37 AM
rh71 rh71 is offline
Among the Proud
Location: LI | NY
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 226
Mein Auto: X5 3.0si
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
This is my theory...When a new design change comes the previous model owners are envious and have hatred towards the newer model because it makes their car outdated regardless if they welcome the design change or not.
What about the crowd that envies the beautifully detailed interior, the msport steering wheel, the leather dash, the HUGE idrive screen, even the newer idrive (in my case)... but still think the rear half of the exterior is butt ugly? No, I don't hate the F15 because it makes my car look outdated, I hate it because it's actually ugly to me. I'd love to swap interiors in a heartbeat though. Hell, I don't even mind the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie View Post
because guess what, the public votes with their purchasing power
In terms of liking its visual design? Disagree. How many are buying another because they've come off their lease and just want to stick with BMW because they are familiar, loyal, or get great rates? How many have them because it was picked out for them by their SO and they couldn't care less what they drive so long as it's got the right badge or reliability or luxury?
__________________
'08 X5 3.0si - Alpine White / Saddle Brown interior
Specs: Sport, Premium, Tech, Comfort Access, Aero Kit, Style 433 staggered 20s on Conti DWS
Mods: Carbon 35 tint, LED angel eyes, GP Thunder 7500k fogs, H&R 20mm/25mm spacers, clear reflectors, gunsmoke-tinted taillights

-> more pics at Flickr <-

Last edited by rh71; 02-12-2014 at 07:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms