Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 02-15-2014, 02:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328 x-drive
Car no longer recieving messages from Google Maps

for the past few days my car has no longer been receiving anything I sent it from google maps. When I send to my car, google maps says "successful"....but when I get to my car, nothing is there.

is there something I can do to test to see if its working? Is there something I can to via coding to make sure its enabled? Is there something I may have disabled via coding?

thanks
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2014, 04:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i xdrive
Same thing was happening to me. Do you use the BMW remote app? I do and send through the google map. I noticed when updating apps that the BMW remote app says it's no longer supported in the US and you have to download the one that has "US" at the end from the App Store. I did that and it works now.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:24 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i (F30)
Had the same thing happen some time ago. I called BMW Assist (888 333-6118) twice and they cleaned up my account. Since then I have had no problems.

There are several ways to get locations to the car:
  • Using Google Maps, click on MORE when you have the location showing up; then SEND TO CAR and fill in the remaining info
  • Windows 8 has an App, Send to BMW
  • Android App is Send to Car
  • For iPhone, My BMW Remote (the Android version doesn't work for new users for now)

I offer these so you can check out whether one of them is a problem or whether it is the BMW Assist system

Hope that helps!
Old 02-16-2014, 10:51 AM

I have been using the Google Map web page only, no apps.

Ill call BMW Assist tomorrow and see what the story is. Im just worried that it may be something i coded, its going to be tough to go back and undo it
Old 02-17-2014, 10:48 AM

Mein Auto: 328i F30
Anybody know which other manufacturers offer the ability to send a Nav destination to the car via Google Maps, from iPhone or web? For me this is the killer feature on the BMW Nav.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:06 AM
Lost but making good time

Mein Auto: '11 335xi Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5959 View Post
Anybody know which other manufacturers offer the ability to send a Nav destination to the car via Google Maps, from iPhone or web? For me this is the killer feature on the BMW Nav.
Go to Google Maps, search for something (anything), choose Send to: Car and you can see the current list of makes that support the feature.

N47° 35' 30.13" E11° 10' 33.36" - End of break-in...you can guess what came next. BMW CCA
Old 02-17-2014, 11:21 AM

Mein Auto: 328i F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
Go to Google Maps, search for something (anything), choose Send to: Car and you can see the current list of makes that support the feature.
Thank you!

So the list is:

Audi
BMW
Merc
Nissan
Infiniti
Mini
RR
Kia

Impressed to see Kia on this list, not impressed Lexus and Cadillac are not on it.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:36 AM

turns out there have been a few complaints to BMW Genius about this. It seems that Google has made some server changes that have had a negative impact on the service

theres no ETA on when it'll get fixed.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i M Sport Alpine
Those in the US need to use the APP called "My BMW remote US" instead of the old one.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:01 PM

Mein Auto: MY2014 BMW 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by That70sGAdawg View Post
Those in the US need to use the APP called "My BMW remote US" instead of the old one.
There is no such application in the Google Market.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoe View Post
There is no such application in the Google Market.
There is an application in the iPhone app store called My BMW Remote US.

There is another app called My BMW Remote (without the US). To work in the US, you need the version that says US at the end, according to the BMW customer service rep I spoke to when I set up Connected Drive.

I have an iPhone 5 and My BMW Remote US app and I can download addresses to my MY2014 328i with no problem.

Last edited by sygazelle; 02-19-2014 at 11:01 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:57 AM

JoeDoe,

If you have an Android phone (like me), for now we're out of luck. My BMW Remote is not available in US for Android phones. According to BMW North America, they are "working on it", but do not have a date when it will be available.

BTW, what I was getting at earlier is that I had a copy of the European Android App and it worked fine (albeit a little slow), but when I went to upgrade, at the same time, BMW changed their server system and so we have to wait
Ugh!
Old 02-23-2014, 10:12 AM

Mein Auto: MY2014 BMW 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsnic View Post
JoeDoe,

If you have an Android phone (like me), for now we're out of luck. My BMW Remote is not available in US for Android phones. According to BMW North America, they are "working on it", but do not have a date when it will be available.

BTW, what I was getting at earlier is that I had a copy of the European Android App and it worked fine (albeit a little slow), but when I went to upgrade, at the same time, BMW changed their server system and so we have to wait
Ugh!
I do have an Android phone (Nexus 5 KK 4.4.2) with My BMW Remote v1.8 UK version installed and it works just fine.

Last edited by joedoe; 02-23-2014 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:14 AM
Le fabuleux destin

Mein Auto: F30 328i x two
The new version of google maps lost the send to car function (among many other things). But the App as others suggest does the job.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:20 AM

Mein Auto: 528i +328xi
The new version of Google Maps which came out of Beta last week does not presently have the send to car feature, but Google is supposedly working to put it back in. You can opt to continue to use the classic version of maps which still has the function and as of yesterday was working fine and sending info to my car.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsnic View Post
JoeDoe,

If you have an Android phone (like me), for now we're out of luck. My BMW Remote is not available in US for Android phones. According to BMW North America, they are "working on it", but do not have a date when it will be available.!
There is an add-on app called "Send To Car" that is free in the Android marketplace. It integrates into Google Maps and gives you the send to car functionality. I've been using it for months and it works fine. In fact with the mandatory upgrade to the "new" google Maps on a PC that doesn't support send to car anymore, its the only way I can send addresses to my car!

previously owned:
2004 330Ci
2008 335i (ED)
Old 02-25-2014, 09:31 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2000 328ci
As someone else pointed out the new version of Google Maps doesn't currently support this functionality. There is an icon in the lower right corner that will allow you to switch to "classic" google maps, and the send to car function is still there. Hopefully Google will re-incorporate this feature as they tweak the new version.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:56 AM

I also use the Send to Car Android App. It ties in with Google Maps when you share the location, you can send to your BMW; works great!

Also, there is a Windows 8 App, called Send to BMW, which also works well.

2014 328i |Premium| Technology| Cold Weather| Harmon Kardon Stereo| Manual|
BMW CCA
Old 03-01-2014, 12:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328ix GT
I also use the "Send to Car" app on iOS. It works really well and enables you to search in Apple Maps or Google Maps and send that info to Send to Car, which sends to the BMW. It was worth the $3.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:31 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 335i F30 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDigsBMW View Post
I also use the "Send to Car" app on iOS. It works really well and enables you to search in Apple Maps or Google Maps and send that info to Send to Car, which sends to the BMW. It was worth the $3.
Thanks for the tip. I just installed "Send to Car" on my iPhone and it is pretty slick. Nice integration with Siri.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328ix GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post
Thanks for the tip. I just installed "Send to Car" on my iPhone and it is pretty slick. Nice integration with Siri.
What's the Siri integration?
Old 03-02-2014, 12:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 335i F30 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDigsBMW View Post
What's the Siri integration?
You just tell Siri "directions to the nearest Starbucks via transit" and it goes right to the Routing Apps popup, then just tap "Route" next to Send to Car. It completely bypasses the map altogether.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i 6MT Sport Line
I've been having the same problem with my F30. For those that called BMW Assist and got it fixed, do you know what they did exactly? I'm just curious what could have mucked this up.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:18 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaibruin View Post
I've been having the same problem with my F30. For those that called BMW Assist and got it fixed, do you know what they did exactly? I'm just curious what could have mucked this up.
There are two things going on here, not sure which applies to you:

1. Google Maps in switching to its new web-based map interface has discontinued the functionality for Send-To-Car via Firefox, Chrome, IE, etc. in the short term, it's going to reappear soon.

2. The BMW Remote app has some issues where some users can no longer connect and a call to BMW Assist via the button on the ceiling is necessary. Once corrected, the BMW Remote app uses Google and sends addresses to the car flawlessly.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 03-02-2014, 09:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i 6MT Sport Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
There are two things going on here, not sure which applies to you:

1. Google Maps in switching to its new web-based map interface has discontinued the functionality for Send-To-Car via Firefox, Chrome, IE, etc. in the short term, it's going to reappear soon.

2. The BMW Remote app has some issues where some users can no longer connect and a call to BMW Assist via the button on the ceiling is necessary. Once corrected, the BMW Remote app uses Google and sends addresses to the car flawlessly.

BJ

Unfortunately, I have an Android phone, so I don't have access to My BMW Remote in the US. I'll give BMW Assist a call tomorrow and see what they say.