Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 02-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Booooost!

Mein Auto: 2011 335i N55
JGMods Paint and Bumpers. Do they match?

I heard that alpinweiss3 / 300 was a hard paint to match.

Has anyone had experience with jgmods and if the paint matches excellent?

I am getting a m3 front replica from them.

I know they have good customer service and also prices and bumper fit seems to be great but I am concerned with paint match.

I don't want to look at my car and have a bumper that stands out in different lighting due to slide shade difference.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" RS7 Wheels | DWS Tires
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2014, 05:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
I always recommend you to get the bumper sprayed locally.

As a car ages, the uv rays from the sun discolor the paint.

If you want an absolute perfect match, you will need to have paint matched, locally. The shop will need both your car and the bumper to match it properly.

With that being said, yes, white is hard to match.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 02-16-2014, 05:17 PM
Booooost!

I have a 2011 and it's garaged since I bought it 7 months ago. Paint is in prestige condition.

Paint matching is for faded clear right? Like they buff and compound sand dull paint on fenders and hood and maybe re clear coat them to look new?

So would it be accurate for me to say that if my paint job is in "like new" condition then it should match if they do a good job?

JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" RS7 Wheels | DWS Tires
Old 02-21-2014, 05:56 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdriller9 View Post
I always recommend you to get the bumper sprayed locally.

As a car ages, the uv rays from the sun discolor the paint.

If you want an absolute perfect match, you will need to have paint matched, locally. The shop will need both your car and the bumper to match it properly.

With that being said, yes, white is hard to match.
+1 and I couldn't have said it better myself. We don't ship painted parts and always recommend that you guys get things painted at a local shop. There is a high probability that the paint may get damaged from the shipping process or it may not match the car 100%. Trust me, it's not worth the headache!
Hours: Mon - Fri 8:00am-6:00pm | Sat 8:00am-5:00pm
Check out the Blog for daily updates!
Old 02-24-2014, 02:16 PM
info@e92-lighting.com

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
Mein Auto: 335i
for alpine white, its not an easy match, painted locally is the best method for paint code 300.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFury View Post
I have a 2011 and it's garaged since I bought it 7 months ago. Paint is in prestige condition.

Paint matching is for faded clear right? Like they buff and compound sand dull paint on fenders and hood and maybe re clear coat them to look new?

So would it be accurate for me to say that if my paint job is in "like new" condition then it should match if they do a good job?

There are other variables than just the sun.

Paint can vary depending on the batch it came from, the quality of materials, what factory it came from, etc.

There are 3 shades of alpine white depending on which manufacturing plant the vehicle was produced in. They can have a blue, yellow, or pink tinge to them.

Still think it's a good idea to blindly buy a painted bumper online?

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |

Last edited by fdriller9; 02-24-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:38 PM
Booooost!

I'm in a difficult position as I found a local shop and it looks in the sunlight at certain angles that the yellower variant fits.

He picked that for the bumper as the bluish variant was too bright, however when I put the bumper on it looks a little too light and it doesn't have a pinkish tint to it like my car does it's very slightly different

However his paint card that he has to match the different colors the pink version he has on the card is too dark for my car so it's really weird