Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:13 AM
DaLlama

Mein Auto: '12 M3Cv, GL550, Evoque
Collectible?

While I am chomping at the bit to get my baby (2012 E93 Cv) out of "bed" for the year (once/if this miserable northeastern weather leaves!) I am torn between keeping it for the foreseeable future or trading it on a new M6 Cv…. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know…. Totally different vehicles.. but I'm fairly certain that my days for slamming my foot to the floorboard and tossing my cars around are over…. My question is how do I find out if my M is even remotely close to collectible? The last of the V8's should bring some collectibility but I don't think that mine is anything special.. where can I find how many vehicles, equipped as mine is, were produced? I am familiar with decoding the VIN, but I need production figures…. Help?

Current BMW's:
2012 M3Cv Alpine White/Silver Novillo/DCT/PP/CWP/EPS/220's

Prior BMW's:
2011 X5 35d Sapphire Black metallic/Black Nappa/CWP/PP/TP/SAP/PSP/214's
2012 650i Cv Jet Black/Ivory/CWP/PP/DAP/LSP/356's
2011 535i XDrive Graphite Metallic /Oyster/SP/CP/PP/CWP
2010 X5 35D Alpine white/Tobacco
2007 335i CV Sapphire Black/Saddle
2005 530xi Dark Graphite/Black
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2014, 04:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 435i GC pending
OP, in my opinion, the E9x might be desired due to the only version with a NA V8, it will not be a collectable. While not at the production levels of a standard 3 series, it was still a mass produced vehicle. The only version that might attain collectable status is the GTS. This was only available in Europe (including UK).

Until the F8x is available and we have feedback from the automotive press and owners, we don't know if current E9x owners will abandon the NA for FI engine. Some will stay true but I suspect most will migrate to the new platform (for increased performance, better technology and improved fuel economy). If you desire to migrate to the M6, now could be the best time in-terms of trade value. The value could take a hit once the new model arrives.

Regarding your question on production numbers, that information is available. I have seen numbers posted on different forums with a breakdown of coupe vs. sedan vs. vert as well percentage of manual vs. DCT. Search will be your friend. The vert model ended production Sept/Oct 2013.

Retired
2013 M3 coupe (miss it. regret)
2008 335i vert
2003 530i sport
2002 530i