Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 02-21-2014, 06:32 PM

Mein Auto: X3
Any way to adjust the HUD?

So i just bought a MY14 X3 with the Tech package.

I love the HUD feature but, because of the way I sit the HUD gets cut off. I like to sit tilted toward the right with my arm and weight on the arm rest and the right side of the HUD gets cutt off.

I know you can adjust up/down and tilt, but is there any way to adjust the HUD more to the left so it doesn't get cutt off?

Thanks
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2014, 03:08 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW X3 3.0d Msport
You can adjust the HUD height up / down in the settings. I can't remember exactly where it is though, have a look round (I think it's in Vehicle Settings somewhere).

Left / right is not an option. Move your head ;-)

J
Old 02-22-2014, 10:34 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 Cayman s
Hello,

would you mind telling me what features the HUD displays?

Music, phone etc..

Thanks
Old 02-22-2014, 12:43 PM

Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehcho View Post
Hello,

would you mind telling me what features the HUD displays?

Music, phone etc..

Thanks

Just your basic speed, nav and some warnings here and there.

It doesn't display all the info like the new my14's
Old 02-22-2014, 01:30 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 Cayman s
Thanks,

Is yours not a 2014?

Thanks

Brett
Old 02-23-2014, 02:40 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 3.0d Msport
That's awesome weird. The message "what features" from Dencho above came through in t o Hotmail as "what fetters". I wonder why Hotmail did that? I didn't know what fetters was, looked it up, and got a bondage site :-o

I hope someone isn't trying to tell me something!

Anyhow, back on track, my "old, poor" MY11 displays speed, cruise control speed (until that speed is reached and then an icon is only displayed), navigation information and other various check controls (low outside temperature, low fuel etc..)

I know the new ones MY14 and thereabouts display more stuff, I'd be interested to know more to choose this funky option the next time I order in about a year's time. The one thing I'd really like is gear indication, but I think that's only reserved for true M class vehicles?

J
Old 02-23-2014, 10:01 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3
i have a MY14 late July build and i must've missed the cut off for the information by literally days based on feedback in this forum. I was having issues with Bluetooth and the idrive system resetting while in motion, so BMW NA told the SA to update the software. While my software was indeed updated, I was sad to see that the software update on my car still does not include all of this new HUD information. Its really a shame - we're not getting even close to what we could out of the HUD. really disappointed there's no way to change that while any GM rental i've had with HUD has significantly more options than any BMW (including gear indication). Love the HUD but BOOO to BMW for making the options limited - there really is no reason why speed is basically the only thing i ever see...
Previous: '02 330i / MT / M-package / Premium -- will miss this near perfect car
Old 02-23-2014, 01:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 X5 M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by docwoz View Post
i have a MY14 late July build and i must've missed the cut off for the information by literally days based on feedback in this forum. I was having issues with Bluetooth and the idrive system resetting while in motion, so BMW NA told the SA to update the software. While my software was indeed updated, I was sad to see that the software update on my car still does not include all of this new HUD information. Its really a shame - we're not getting even close to what we could out of the HUD. really disappointed there's no way to change that while any GM rental i've had with HUD has significantly more options than any BMW (including gear indication). Love the HUD but BOOO to BMW for making the options limited - there really is no reason why speed is basically the only thing i ever see...

My 14 built in September and HUD shoes incoming calls, music info, satellite radio info,turn by turn navigation etc pretty cool.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Current Ride: 2015 X5 3.5 M Sport
Retired: 2014 X3 3.5 M Sport
Retired: 2011 X5 Sport
Retired: 2008 X5 3.0si
Retired: 2006 330 Xi
Retired: 2003 325 'Vert
Retired: 2000 323 Ci
Old 02-24-2014, 06:47 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckm1515 View Post
My 14 built in September and HUD shoes incoming calls, music info, satellite radio info,turn by turn navigation etc pretty cool.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Another poster on this forum picked his car up 2 days after me and has all of these features. Unlucky timing for me!
Previous: '02 330i / MT / M-package / Premium -- will miss this near perfect car
Old 02-24-2014, 11:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 xDrive35i
modatx32,

Seems like no one is answering your question. As mentioned by jgroarke, our 2011 allows vertical (up and down) adjustment but no horizontal (left-right) adjustment is provided. Seems like it might be harder to do since the windshield curves more in the horizontal than vertical and this might lead to distortion of the image. Nonetheless, the dealer may be able to make a small left-right adjustment to meet your needs. I suspect that a bigger issue is the cost of obtaining access to attempt the modification. You may have to disassemble a fair amount of the dash to get to it.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:40 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
modatx32:

I have the exact same problem. The issue is that the designers centered the speed limit in the HUD window, but some supplemental information is displayed to the right. Thus, if you tend to drive sitting a little to the right, the supplemental HUD information is cut off. My X3 is brand new. I contacted the Dealer about this and asked if they could adjust the display a little to the left. The Dealer contacted his BMW rep and the answer was no that it is not adjustable - even by the dealer.

So....the only solution is shift to the left in the seat a little bit.