Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 02-21-2014, 09:53 PM

Mein Auto: 740LI
2011 bmw 740li - help

First and foremost. Great Forum...Getting some great informational reading on my first BMW.

So i bought a used 2011 BMW 740LI. First time having a BMW.

Few things:

1. Cabin Air Filter, how to change, tried to remove the necessary stuff, but couldn't find where they went.

2. Connected Drive, how does this work, it keeps saying it can't connect to the service center.

3. SOS, not working won't connect.

4. BMW App, is there an app that can control the car, turn it on or off, etc

5. HVAC, when I turn on the ignition, the HVAC Is always on, how do I turn this off.

6. Screetching noise when the HVAC is on low. When it is higher than 50%, no noise.

7. How do I delete songs from the hard drive? How do I add songs to the hard drive?

8. How do you remove the IPHONE dock in the middle console, It is attached, I don't have an IPHONE nor will I ever get one. Just need a bit more space.

9. How do I check which version of IDRIVE I have?

10. How do I download the most recent version of the navigation.

I think that is about it for now.
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2014, 10:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ///M7
First and foremost. Great Forum...Getting some great informational reading on my first BMW.

So i bought a used 2011 BMW 740LI. First time having a BMW.

Few things:

1. Cabin Air Filter, how to change, tried to remove the necessary stuff, but couldn't find where they went.

I think it is in the passenger foot well. There is instructions floating around here on how to do this.

2. Connected Drive, how does this work, it keeps saying it can't connect to the service center.

You likely need the dealer to fix

3. SOS, not working won't connect.

4. BMW App, is there an app that can control the car, turn it on or off, etc

BMW Remote app. Will find location and flash lights or horn. No turn on/off functionality.

5. HVAC, when I turn on the ignition, the HVAC Is always on, how do I turn this off.

6. Screetching noise when the HVAC is on low. When it is higher than 50%, no noise.

7. How do I delete songs from the hard drive? How do I add songs to the hard drive?

Plug a USB formatted with Fat32 into the glove box usb port to import. Is is in the music options menu. You can also import regular Cd's there.

8. How do you remove the IPHONE dock in the middle console, It is attached, I don't have an IPHONE nor will I ever get one. Just need a bit more space.

There are also instructions floating around here on how to do that. It is hard and requires some work. Not recommended for a newbie.

9. How do I check which version of IDRIVE I have?

Not sure

10. How do I download the most recent version of the navigation.

You can go to the coding forum. There are threads there on how to do this. You need to buy an FSC code from a seller and then they will provide you with the files.

Welcome.

Do you have a wood parcel shelf on the rear of the car behind the rear seats?

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.

Last edited by rajeek; 02-21-2014 at 10:19 PM.