Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 02-23-2014, 07:29 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 750LI Sapphire Black
Remote Start

Is there such A thing as remote start for 2012 750Li.

I assume not as the remote needs to be in the car to start it, but I may be wrong, Yes, it happens!!!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2014, 12:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 740Li
From previous posts, no one has been able to code the function..yet.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 750i X Drive
exactly, but there IS something available for BMWs, not sure which models, that you can actually use your key fob to start the car. You press the center button I think 3 times. google it. looks cool but not sure if it works with the 7. They couldn't get one to work with my e65 either.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 740Li
It was only possible for the E-Series Chassis cars... its actually an aftermarket module which piggy backs the existing
Old 02-24-2014, 09:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 740Li
I could be wrong but Im pretty sure it has to do with German laws. Its absolutely illegal to start your car and leave it running to warm it up if you arent in it. Hell, I had one neighbor trying to explain that to me one morning when I lived in Germany. Try standing patiently (while in a hurry to get to work) while someone is telling you in a language that you dont understand, that you cant start your car and go back inside the house.
Germans like laws and structure. Their garbage separation is crazy. You must have like 4 different garbage cans for paper, plastic, glass, and food. Drove me CRAZY!
Got to the point I would just bag all my garbage and dump it into a dumpster on base.
I also had a hot landlord who used to subtlety "rub" herself IN FRONT OF ME, when she would come collect the rent. Now that was weird..trying to make small talk to someone as I would count out her rent money and shes in front of you with her hand on her crotch making and and down movements, wearing yoga pants. THAT caught me off guard every time and I always just thought I was imagining things..and she was very cute on top of that (think of a better fed Victoria Beckham). But she was married, I had met her husband, and I wasnt going there so I just ignored it.
Sorry that probably belongs in the deleted thread and got way off topic. lol
Old 02-24-2014, 11:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 740 Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdoha234 View Post
But she was married, I had met her husband, and I wasnt going there so I just ignored it.
Sorry that probably belongs in the deleted thread and got way off topic. lol
Please expand on and show pics in the delete pls thread...

2013 740 Li
2007 G35 (trade-in)
2003 Z06 (Black, 50th Anniversary)
2001 Z06 (Torch Red)