Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-25-2014, 08:06 AM
SpeedyE SpeedyE is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: st louis
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 116
Mein Auto: 2011/335i
Vandalized/dents...advice for non BMW dealer repair

Hi guys,
My 335i wasn't even 1 week in my possession before someone pounded 6 fist prints in my roof

I don't have the money to take it to a BMW dealer for repair (I am guessing the price would be astronomical), and am afraid to report it to insurance because my rates will go up.

There are no visible creases so I am hoping it can be fixed with "no paint dent repair).
How does one find a reputable source to do such work?
If it was any other car I would take it to the cheapest dent repair place, but this is my dream car and really want someone to do it who would do flawless work.

Does anyone have any advice for me, on how to proceed?
Thank you
__________________

2011 335i Sport/Premium/cold. Black-on-Black, Jack I LOVE this frickin' car!!!!
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 WERA SS-spec race bike
---------------------------------------------------------
89 SAAB 900T
92 SAAB 9000T sedan
94 Toyota Supra Turbo
95 Z28
05 SAAB 9-3 2.0T
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 02-25-2014, 08:22 AM
fdriller9 fdriller9 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ/Philly
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,602
Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
Vandalism should not make your rate go up.

Call your rep and ask what will happen if you make a claim. You don't have to make a claim. Just get the info.

They may want a police report of the damage.
__________________

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 Rear Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-25-2014, 08:27 AM
CALWATERBOY's Avatar
CALWATERBOY CALWATERBOY is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,009
Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyE View Post
Hi guys,
My 335i wasn't even 1 week in my possession before someone pounded 6 fist prints in my roof

I don't have the money to take it to a BMW dealer for repair (I am guessing the price would be astronomical), and am afraid to report it to insurance because my rates will go up.

There are no visible creases so I am hoping it can be fixed with "no paint dent repair).
How does one find a reputable source to do such work?
If it was any other car I would take it to the cheapest dent repair place, but this is my dream car and really want someone to do it who would do flawless work.

Does anyone have any advice for me, on how to proceed?
Thank you

  #4  
Old 02-25-2014, 10:02 AM
DSXMachina's Avatar
DSXMachina DSXMachina is offline
Non compos Mentos
Location: New Hampshire
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,380
Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
No Cal, nooooooooooooooo....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-25-2014, 10:32 AM
SpeedyE SpeedyE is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: st louis
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 116
Mein Auto: 2011/335i
haha
__________________

2011 335i Sport/Premium/cold. Black-on-Black, Jack I LOVE this frickin' car!!!!
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 WERA SS-spec race bike
---------------------------------------------------------
89 SAAB 900T
92 SAAB 9000T sedan
94 Toyota Supra Turbo
95 Z28
05 SAAB 9-3 2.0T
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-25-2014, 03:23 PM
SpeedyE SpeedyE is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: st louis
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 116
Mein Auto: 2011/335i
I turned it into insurance because they said it wouldn't affect my rates. Dealer said they are going to put a new roof on the car.
Sad someone would do something like this. I am nervous to park it now
__________________

2011 335i Sport/Premium/cold. Black-on-Black, Jack I LOVE this frickin' car!!!!
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 WERA SS-spec race bike
---------------------------------------------------------
89 SAAB 900T
92 SAAB 9000T sedan
94 Toyota Supra Turbo
95 Z28
05 SAAB 9-3 2.0T
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-25-2014, 03:29 PM
hondo402000 hondo402000 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Charlotte, NC
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,603
Mein Auto: 2007-335 HTC
you should go back to the place it was parked, and look up and around and see if you see any cameras, They are everywhere, try to pin point the time of day

Maybe just maybe you can see who did it

My personal opinion is to wire the car with 4160 volts and a big jolt, like pounding on the car would kill the sorry as bastard
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-25-2014, 04:33 PM
DozerDan DozerDan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 113
Mein Auto: 335 d
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyE View Post
I turned it into insurance because they said it wouldn't affect my rates. Dealer said they are going to put a new roof on the car.
Sad someone would do something like this. I am nervous to park it now
WHAT, how bad are the dents. No way in hell I am letting a new roof get put on my car, dealer or not. That is going to flag on a car fax, etc and kill your resale value.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-25-2014, 06:10 PM
Mick the Quick Mick the Quick is offline
Registered User
Location: New England
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 29
Mein Auto: 2011 335i xDrive Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo402000 View Post
My personal opinion is to wire the car with 4160 volts and a big jolt, like pounding on the car would kill the sorry as bastard
You'd be taken to the cleaners by the unfortunate "victim". No, don't blame the lawyers, blame the stupid juries and greedy/shameless plaintiffs.

Mick
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-26-2014, 03:29 PM
SpeedyE SpeedyE is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: st louis
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 116
Mein Auto: 2011/335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DozerDan View Post
WHAT, how bad are the dents. No way in hell I am letting a new roof get put on my car, dealer or not. That is going to flag on a car fax, etc and kill your resale value.
I do not like the sound of this!!!
I will shop around to other BMW repair centers.
Thank you
__________________

2011 335i Sport/Premium/cold. Black-on-Black, Jack I LOVE this frickin' car!!!!
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 WERA SS-spec race bike
---------------------------------------------------------
89 SAAB 900T
92 SAAB 9000T sedan
94 Toyota Supra Turbo
95 Z28
05 SAAB 9-3 2.0T
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms