Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 02-25-2014, 05:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 X3
2004 X3 Window regulator Replacement

I just replaced the front driver window regulator on my X3. It broke and unwound at the window motor. Now with the new regulator it is extremely slow going up and down. Any ideas on what the problaem may be? I loosened the bolts to the motor- did not make a difference (thought it may be too tight). I also loosened the nuts holding the rails to try to move them- no movement.
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2014, 08:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X3 and 330
ran motor on own ????

pop the motor off ....... use same plug......run the motor on its own and check for good RPM.not overheating/heat checked/smoke.....are the splines OK ......no signs of slipping ?????
Old 02-27-2014, 06:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 X3
no sihns of slipping seems to be binding up- do you have to reset the motor?
Old 02-27-2014, 07:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X3 and 330
no motor reset

that little motor is just a plain vanilla somewhat hi torque drive. It needs that kind of winding/torque output because lifting that window load is an effort.....it's probably damaged if its binding up....you could check by substitution but that would likely mean pulling a loaner from another door