Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)

F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
The 2 Series coupe is the replacement for the E82/E88 1 series coupe. Production starts in November 2013 on the 228i (N20) and M235i (N55) coupes. Look for them in dealerships in February 2014. The convertible F23 2 series will follow in the fall of 2014.

Old 03-04-2014, 03:38 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 03 m3, waiting on m235i
added engine sounds

Anyone know what to tell the dealer/service shop exactly what they need to de-activate, I went thru what I thought was simple operation when I retrofitted an E46 with NAV which they told me could not be done and all I wanted changed was from yards to feet.

Any help appreciated, want to ask before I pick the car up, just want it de-activated but not to be told its impossible, on the E46 retrofit, I showed them printouts from e46fanatics and still told me that is only possible in Europe (the retrofit) in Europe, not applicable to USA cars with my car sitting outside and they had seen it working, maybe they just didn't want to work with me but I have bought more than Im willing to say from them, it would be embarrasing
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2014, 07:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Yugo
What? Based on your subject line it sounds like you want the engine noise that played over the speakers to be deactivated? If so, I believe it's just a fuse you have to pull.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 M6 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
What? Based on your subject line it sounds like you want the engine noise that played over the speakers to be deactivated? If so, I believe it's just a fuse you have to pull.
On most cars if you pull the fuse you kill all audio, radio included.

There's a post in the coding forum that outlines turning ASS off, if that's what you're asking.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:13 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 03 m3, waiting on m235i
Yes, I just want it deactivated, no fake noise, I just don't want to hear dolby logic 7 engine sounds

If someone can point me to the link would be great, searched once but could not find, may be using wrong keywors in the search
Old 03-09-2014, 08:53 AM
Ich bin schneller

Mein Auto: 2012 335is DCT
I test drove the car and thought it would be weird. I found it unobtrusive. I honestly wouldn't worry about it and really I was convinced it would be cheesy. If you are going to code several other things at the same time, then perhaps it would be worth it. But you will have to pay for just that mod, it may be money better spent elsewhere.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:05 PM
Estoril Blue Black Nappa

Mein Auto: 2005 M3
You don't even notice the active sound in the M235i and from all the reviews I have read about it,you are not able to turn it off.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:15 PM
Ich bin schneller

Mein Auto: 2012 335is DCT
Others have successfully done it in other cars by accessing a certain function in the vehicle codes to disable it. It isn't something easily accessible like turning off start/stop temporarily.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:59 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 325Ci
You have to get the M//Engine Sound Sport Management option, which gives you a total of 768 different engine sound profiles via your idrive knob. One of which, of course, is "off". Bad news is that it's bundled with the technology package, and adds a total of $4,200 to the options list. And it limits your exterior color options to either white or black.

Totally worth it though...
Old 03-14-2014, 12:42 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by damyankee View Post
You have to get the M//Engine Sound Sport Management option, which gives you a total of 768 different engine sound profiles via your idrive knob. One of which, of course, is "off". Bad news is that it's bundled with the technology package, and adds a total of $4,200 to the options list. And it limits your exterior color options to either white or black.

Totally worth it though...

So with the technology package you can actually turn off the engine noise through the speakers thing then? Is this confirmed?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app