Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 03-05-2014, 05:49 PM

Mein Auto:
Alert for alarm

I have a 2008 328i and want to take my alarm alert off silent.. Can anyone explain how I can do this?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Ads by Google
Old 03-05-2014, 07:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 335i
Do you have iDrive? Are you sure you have an alarm installed?
Old 03-05-2014, 07:37 PM

Mein Auto:
Not sure

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 03-06-2014, 10:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 335D Msport
My car has alarm. I found out it protects for trying to steal the wheels on accident. I had it in the garage and was about to try out my new jack (X5 type from salvage yard). I somehow inadvertantly hit the lock bottom on the fob but didn't know it. I jacked it up maybe an inch or two and the alarm started making its noise. It isn't a horn honking noise but more like a higher pitched version of a police car siren but near as loud. I also found a sensor under the hood along the cowl about 8" inboard from driver's side fender. When hood is closed, the sensdor is pushed pown. It looks like a plunger type switch.

Somewhere on this forum, a member posted a link that if you type in your last 7 of your VIN, it will show all options. I got my alarm through getting the comfort assist package but alarm was also a stand alone option in my 2011 model year. One of my posts responded thanking the guy for posting. So, hunt through my posts and you might trip over it. I want to say his alias is orient... something.

Last edited by BB_cuda; 03-06-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:49 PM

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cuda View Post
My car has alarm. I found out it protects for trying to steal the wheels on accident. I had it in the garage and was about to try out my new jack (X5 type from salvage yard). I somehow inadvertantly hit the lock bottom on the fob but didn't know it. I jacked it up maybe an inch or two and the alarm started making its noise. It isn't a horn honking noise but more like a higher pitched version of a police car siren but near as loud. I also found a sensor under the hood along the cowl about 8" inboard from driver's side fender. When hood is closed, the sensdor is pushed pown. It looks like a plunger type switch.

Somewhere on this forum, a member posted a link that if you type in your last 7 of your VIN, it will show all options. I got my alarm through getting the comfort assist package but alarm was also a stand alone option in my 2011 model year. One of my posts responded thanking the guy for posting. So, hunt through my posts and you might trip over it. I want to say his alias is orient... something.
You activated the tilt sensor. Not the panic button

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 Rear Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |