Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)

X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
The all new F15 BMW X5 started production August 2013 as a 2014 model year. The new X5 arrives in sDrive35i (RWD), xDrive35i, xDrive50i and a diesel xDrive 35d.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:22 PM

Mein Auto: Honda
Third row seats vent not working

Got my x5 m sport with third row seats. But tried all climate setting and can't get the third row vent to work! Did anyone encounter this problem?
If vent working what are your settings?

Last edited by antalar; 03-07-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2014, 09:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X5
I have the climate control set on auto. The 3rd row vent, which is between the two seats, on the floor can be adjusted to shoot air towards your feet or face. Are you sure you don't have it pointed towards your feet. Did you try turning the dial between the vents?
2006 X3: Silver Gray, gray leather with sycamore dark trim, performance tires with 18" wheels, steptronic, premium, sports, cold weather packages, NAV, Servotronic, Xenon, PDC, DSP, rear window privacy glass, rear airbags, auxillary input.
2011 535 GT: Imperial Blue, Sport, Premium
2014 X5 x35i: Mineral White, Mocha Nappa leather, xLine, 20" wheels, LED Lighting, DAP Plus, Premium, 4-zone climate, 3rd row seat, Harman Kardon surround, Rear seat entertainment
Old 03-07-2014, 09:51 PM

The led light is never on despite pressing several times and can't detect any air coming out ....
Old 03-07-2014, 10:04 PM

LED light? I'll have to take a look in the morning but I don't recall a LED light by the vent.
2006 X3: Silver Gray, gray leather with sycamore dark trim, performance tires with 18" wheels, steptronic, premium, sports, cold weather packages, NAV, Servotronic, Xenon, PDC, DSP, rear window privacy glass, rear airbags, auxillary input.
2014 X5 x35i: Mineral White, Mocha Nappa leather, xLine, 20" wheels, LED Lighting, DAP Plus, Premium, 4-zone climate, 3rd row seat, Harman Kardon surround, Rear seat entertainment
Old 03-07-2014, 10:09 PM

Yes there is an led light switch.... Check it out... So ur vent is working on the auto settings for the second row seats or from the drivers console? Mine both are in auto.... Both front rows and second rows and nothing from the third row vent....
Old 03-07-2014, 10:17 PM

Auto from the driver, which I believe sets the same temp(auto) for the 2nd row. I know the 3rd row vent is working because the kids were playing around with the direction of airflow. I'll take a look at the vent more closely in AM and post an update for the settings. I'm trying to think if there is anything in the "settings" menu on idrive for the 3rd row ventilation but I don't recall having to make any adjustments there.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:19 PM

Thanks I have 4 zone climate meaning I have a console in the second row that controls climate...
Old 03-08-2014, 01:52 PM

Alright, you are right about the led. When the button is pressed, led comes on and the fan turns on. My setting are on auto - both front and back. But it did not seem to matter if the auto feature was turned on/off. The 3rd row vent worked regardless. Check if you have this active with idrive- menu, choose settings-->choose climate--> make sure rear climate is checked. See if this make a difference. If not then i'm not sure - maybe a loose wire or faulty switch.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:55 PM

Thanks for the help! Took it to the dealer they are going to service it next week, something is definitely wrong...
( disappointed at QC of BMW 2 week old car and they did not notice after production completion....
Old 03-26-2014, 05:03 PM

third row vent on x5 2014 m sport package

UPDATE: sp th car is already one week in the dealer and they changed the switch for third row vent and did not work now they are saying is the control unit bellow the dash that will need to be replaced and reprogrammed... so the car is staying longer till saturday at least....
So what do you guys think i should do next?
Brand new car with a factory defect that passed the QC without noticing this major defect...
Any advice please?
check all features on your care since it may not be working since QC is crappy....
regards
Old 03-26-2014, 07:43 PM

Mein Auto: ny
Similar thing happen to me, pick up x5 35d writhin 4 hours camera malfunction, took it back to the dealer, they kept it for a week order new camera system. Pick it up again camera malfunction. Went back handed them my keys and asked to speak with the GM. Told them I wanted a new car, so they told me to keep the one I have and build me a new one. Plus I get to add a few things that I wanted to add.

So if you keep having the same issue you can try that after all it's a car you will be owning for a very long time

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 03-26-2014, 07:46 PM

Mein Auto:
Can you told me the year of manufacturing your x5 and if u advise me to bought an x5 3.0 2007

Old 03-27-2014, 08:43 PM

Thank you for the advice now the plan is to replace the control unit for the third row vent...
the funny part is that the dealership doesn't even know their own car, all this time everybody is assuming that the third row vent is linked to the rest of the climate control in the car, well when I look at the schematics of the car the third row vent has an independent control unit bellow the seats area ...
if this gets complicated more or longer or if the reassembly does not come back pristine , I am asking for a new car and talk to GM....very frustrated.... brand new X5 85000usd and I am stuck with a loaner 3 series with kids in laws....for more than a week.......
Old 03-27-2014, 08:46 PM

schematic

see pic of schematic this is for a E70 wich identical /very similar to the F15
number 5 is the control unit to be replaced although the dealership told me they are changing the front control unit??? which has nothing to do with the the third row vent...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	third row vent.png
Views:	97
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	430558  

Last edited by antalar; 03-27-2014 at 08:48 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:17 PM

So got the car back...

So after one week of torment got the car...
The vent is now working.... But....
First the car was all nasty with the whole left side if the car with some kind of black sticky material splashed all over... 2 hrs detailing to get ripe of it....
Second the glove compartment fuzzy lining had areas completely denuded from the fuzzy lining ( it seems the had to access the control unit from the glove compartment)....
Third in the front bumper orange light was pushed in , I repositioned it back in place I hope it's not broken....

Very upset and disappointed , I will passing this sat to talk to the manager..... Brand new car with a factory defect and it comes back with all the above...
What do u guys think?
Old 04-02-2014, 04:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 550i xDrive GT
My starting point:
I would push for a new vehicle and ask to be allowed to stay in this one until it arrives.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:52 AM

Mein Auto: ny
That's what I did, car gave me issue spoke with the GM I stayed in that car until the new one arrived. But it depends on the dealer some
Just want your money others want you to be apart of that BMW/dealer family hope yours is the 2nd. But yeah I would to in right away and skip talking to your sales person and go right for the GM