Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)

X6 E71 / E72 (2008 - current)
The newest sport activity vehicle from BMW is a crossover-coupe style and is expected to appear sometime in 2008!

Old 03-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Mein Auto: 83' 323is, 07' MINI JCW+
BMW X4 VS. X6 Photo Comparison

The all-new BMW X4 Sports Activity Coupe is a new dimension of the mid-sized premium Sports Activity Vehicle. Like the X6 before it, the BMW X4 combines the performance and capability of a premium Sports Activity Vehicle, with the style and elegance of traditional coupe. In the US, the X4 will be offered with a choice of two TwinPower Turbo engines. The X4 xDrive28i, with a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price of $45,625 (including destination and handling), will feature BMW's award-winning 240 horsepower 2.0-liter four cylinder while the top-of-line X4 xDrive35i, with an MSRP of $48,925 (including destination and handling) will feature BMW's venerable 300 horsepower 3.0-liter inline six. Both models include an 8-speed Steptronic sport automatic transmission with shift paddles as well as xDrive, BMW's intelligent all-wheel drive system.

Check out the X4 side by side with the X6 in a photo comparison.

x4x6

x4x6

x4x6

x4x6

x4x6

x4x6

Check out more on the X4 here!
Old 03-14-2014, 06:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E60, E71, E92
beauty is in the eyes of beholder, but front and back X6 still better. It's like Holywood, sometime you better off seeing the original "sound of music" and "king and I" instead the remakes.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:52 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 X6 3.5
The exteriors are really similar. However, I think the biggest differences are going to be what you can get on an X6 that you just can't on an X4. There are a lot of luxury features that have been pushed down into the lower models, which I think is a really good thing, but there are some that I think just won't be there:

Adaptive drive
Active steering (is this the same as variable sport steering??)
Electric adjust steering wheel w/memory (that gets out of your way to get out of the car)
Mufti-contour seats
Soft close doors
Premium sound - as opposed to Harmon (not as good) Kardon
5.0 engine (although with a lighter car, do you need it?)

And this is aesthetics so it doesn't apply to my list, but still:

Those X4 exhausts look stupid