Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 03-11-2014, 03:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 E93 Convertible
Question Wheel spacer size advice

Hello everyone. I'm ready to order spacers for my e93 convertible stock wheels 17" and would appreciate some advice on how wide to go. I would like the wheels to come out flush or just inside the wheel well. I'm thinking 5mm in the front and 16 in the rear?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMF1.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	427519   Click image for larger version

Name:	BMF2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	427520   Click image for larger version

Name:	BMF3.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	427521  

2013 E93 328i Convertible - Jet Black on Oyster/Black Dakota/Bamboo Anthracite, Prem, Cold, Bluetooth, Nav, iPod, Comfort Access - nickname "KitKat"
Ads by Google
Old 03-11-2014, 04:13 PM
Bad Lieutenant

Mein Auto: S65B40 Powered
I don't have a good answer for you, but I did find some photos, some of the links may point to some pages where specs are noted:

https://www.google.com/search?q=bmw+...hp%3B500%3B400

08 E90M3 6MT Alpinweiss/Schwartz/BMW Pedals/Dinan Exhaust
Old 03-11-2014, 05:08 PM

Thanks
Old 03-12-2014, 06:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325i E92 Coupe
The size you require will depend on wheel and tire type. Only foolproof way is to measure. Here's a guide:

E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Meyle HD droplinks; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Saikoumichi OCC; K&N; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; M3 rear spoiler; LED Angels; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof

Old 03-12-2014, 09:00 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 328i Sedan
Here in Taxifornia, there's a law about that (and nearly everything else). It prohibits tires from protruding beyond the wheel well, if I'm not mistaken. But you're not in Taxifornia, although New Jersey isn't exactly the Land of the Free either.

2011 E90 328i, Nav, Premium, 6 spd Steptronic, Tasman Green, Beige Dakota Leather.
2006 325Ci, Premium, Blue, gray leather, Steptronic.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:11 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Navy View Post
Here in Taxifornia, there's a law about that (and nearly everything else). It prohibits tires from protruding beyond the wheel well, if I'm not mistaken. But you're not in Taxifornia, although New Jersey isn't exactly the Land of the Free either.

With hi-def cameras in every police car, if your wheels protrude over 1mm, a policeman will stop you and, on verifying your identity, become bellicose as a negative reinforcement.

Thereafter, after review by a California psychologist, you will periodically be checked for compliance, and additional negative reinforcement applied until your compliance is verified. If you do not comply within their 'timely manner' guideline, after-compliance neg reinforcement is applied as often as necessary to impress upon you the importance of obedience re: anything they wish.

As all vehicles are tracked by license plate readers here, when matched to your cell phone location, an officer can be dispatched for a psych conditioning stop as they are available.

For the good of all, Obama wishes to implement this nationwide....venues are many! Control of your health, vital to every serf, was a huge step.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:52 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 328i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
With hi-def cameras in every police car, if your wheels protrude over 1mm, a policeman will stop you and, on verifying your identity, become bellicose as a negative reinforcement.

Thereafter, after review by a California psychologist, you will periodically be checked for compliance, and additional negative reinforcement applied until your compliance is verified. If you do not comply within their 'timely manner' guideline, after-compliance neg reinforcement is applied as often as necessary to impress upon you the importance of obedience re: anything they wish.

As all vehicles are tracked by license plate readers here, when matched to your cell phone location, an officer can be dispatched for a psych conditioning stop as they are available.

For the good of all, Obama wishes to implement this nationwide....venues are many! Control of your health, vital to every serf, was a huge step.
Yes, Calwaterboy, I think your description is frightening, Orwellian, and accurate. I've heard a rumor that the 5th stage conditioning is waterboarding, and as a result, there is no 6th stage conditioning. Don't forget to turn in all your plastic bags, water pistols, and e-cigarettes. You don't want to get caught with any.

2011 E90 328i, Nav, Premium, 6 spd Steptronic, Tasman Green, Beige Dakota Leather.
2006 325Ci, Premium, Blue, gray leather, Steptronic.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:33 AM

Angry Wtf

Decided to play it safe and get ECS 5mm and 15mm rear, take it to my BMW dealership and they tell car is shaking and rattling. I call other dealer nearby and they tell me you can't put spacers on a stock wheel. Is this true??

2013 E93 328i Convertible - Jet Black on Oyster/Black Dakota/Bamboo Anthracite, Prem, Cold, Bluetooth, Nav, iPod, Comfort Access - nickname "KitKat"
Old 03-21-2014, 11:21 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by apache15 View Post
Decided to play it safe and get ECS 5mm and 15mm rear, take it to my BMW dealership and they tell car is shaking and rattling. I call other dealer nearby and they tell me you can't put spacers on a stock wheel. Is this true??
Not true as long as you purchased hubcentric spacers.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:57 PM

Mein Auto: 325i E92 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonDonor View Post
Not true as long as you purchased hubcentric spacers.
There's no such thing as a hubcentric 5mm. They're too small and allow the remaining portion of the existing hub flange to be used. AFAIR hubcentrics start from 10mm upwards...
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Meyle HD droplinks; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Saikoumichi OCC; K&N; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; M3 rear spoiler; LED Angels; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof

Old 03-21-2014, 02:08 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: E92, E82, E46, E39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil325i View Post
There's no such thing as a hubcentric 5mm. They're too small and allow the remaining portion of the existing hub flange to be used. AFAIR hubcentrics start from 10mm upwards...
you are correct Sir!
Hours: Mon - Fri 8:00am-6:00pm | Sat 8:00am-5:00pm (PST)
Check out the Blog!
Old 03-21-2014, 02:10 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: E92, E82, E46, E39
Quote:
Originally Posted by apache15 View Post
typical dealership nonsense
you can use spacers on stock wheels
the question is what spacers to use...
we recommend hub centric spacers with extended bolts.
in the case of smaller sized spacers like a 5mm i have used them before and never had any issues....
Hours: Mon - Fri 8:00am-6:00pm | Sat 8:00am-5:00pm (PST)
Check out the Blog!
Old 03-21-2014, 07:43 PM

Exactly. The one dealer (Prestige of Ramsey) couldn't do it. Then I go to Park Ave and they said it can't be done. I was like WTF