Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 03-11-2014, 05:18 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 z4 Sdrive 35i
Pictures / navigation help!

Hello everyone,

I'm back to finally post pictures. It's been sometime since I ordered the car and was supposed to meet up with it in Italy. Instead Uncle Sam had better plans for me and decided to send me to North Carolina instead. I picked up the car a week ago from Baltimore and now she's driving great here in town. Below are a few pictures.

Now for the help. I ordered my car for Europe and had European maps installed in the car. I was told once it hits America, I can go to the dealership and buy the update for the US maps. So I went and purchased the USB stick. I was just told today that the update I bought will not work for my car. It's a 2014 model. I was told it will cost $400 to buy a program from BMW to wipe my current maps clear so that the new maps can be installed. Has anyone ever had this problem? Is there any bmw garages that our owners may own who may know how to get around paying such high cost? Even the dealer mentioned this is the first time they have come across this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for all your help.

Rigo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	427532  
Ads by Google
Old 03-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i, 2006 525xi
Total BS. I got my 2012 Z4 in Munich and the map is switched out when it arrives at the port along with the final detailing. I can't believe they'r trying to get $400 out of you.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/12, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black leather, 6 MT, ///M Sport, Premium Package, Premium Sound Package, Cold Weather Package, Nav, Comfort Access, LED Angel Eyes, BMWPedals pedal covers, stubby antenna, Luxon strut bar, CF engine cover, LCI side marker, powder coated calipers, Extra Enjoyment Package
Old 03-12-2014, 11:24 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW Z4 sDRIVE28i
<side note> That Texas Longhorn sticker on your car will void your warranty...

2014 Z4 sDrive28i

Old 03-12-2014, 01:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 z4 Sdrive 35i
I was told when I ordered it in Europe it would be an easy swap but they are telling me differently. I guess Ill call a other dealer and ask about it. Maybe they may actually be more help.

Btw, I'll make sure to put the top down so the sticker isn't seeing when I have it serviced. Lol.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via MSN to RufusKing
Mein Auto: Z4 3.0i Roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasfan1528 View Post
...Btw, I'll make sure to put the top down so the sticker isn't seeing when I have it serviced. Lol.
The only way to ride

2009 BMW Z4 sDrive 3.0i

I call her weezey

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i Roadster - Sold and I miss her.