Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 03-13-2014, 09:19 PM

Mein Auto: '06 BMW 330i
Maintenance Needed at 110k? 06 BMW 330i

I recently bought an 06 BMW 330i. I was was just wondering what maintenance I should be looking todo since Im rolling up to 110k miles. Last inspection was 12/2013. The last guy took very good care of it I know this because it clearly shows in looks and performance. I have a fairly detailed service record and carfax mostly oil changes and fluid changes but I have found some paper invoices of service not listed in any records that I have a copy of. So at this point there has been more done than what the service records show. Which isn't a bad thing I was just stating the fact.

Ive been researching and it was recommended to replace the water pump. Should I or should I wait till failure. The pump may have been replaced already is there anyway to tell without taking it out?

As far as fluid changes what should I be looking at. I plan on doing these myself so if anyone has any knowledge of what brand fluids I should use for best results please feel free to list them.

And I welcome anything else anyone may have in mind. I plan on taking really good care of the car and keeping this car as long as possible.

Also I am just looking into the future here for good tires to buy when that time comes around. Should I stick with RFTS or what do you recommend. (Again just for future knowledge my current tires have many miles left on them)

If you could list the cost with your suggestions that would be greatly appreciated so I can keep better track of what Im looking at here.
Ads by Google
Old 03-13-2014, 11:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325xi wagon
Google Mike Miller BMW for a maintenance schedule.

there are a lot of DIY's here

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

have the plugs been done?
Is it a manual trans?

A lot more including some video's can be found but just outright
googling it.

Last edited by ctuna; 03-13-2014 at 11:47 PM.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:19 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbarr View Post
I recently bought an 06 BMW 330i. I was was just wondering what maintenance I should be looking todo since Im rolling up to 110k miles.

Recent acquisition? Replace all fluids as a PM. Other'n that, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, unless on Mr. Miller's PM schedule.

There. Cheers!
Old 03-14-2014, 04:44 AM

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
Suspension bushings and mounts.

Lifetime fluids like diff, coolant, power steering, and trans.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 Rear Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 03-14-2014, 08:31 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Mike Miller's recommendations (similar to my own, I have supplemented with a number of items not addressed by him at all)
About 60,000 miles: water pump, thermostat, serpentine belts, tensioner pully belts (alternator, AC, etc)
About 90,000 miles: radiator, expansion tank, fan and fan clutch if so equipped
About 100-150,000 miles: all coolant and fuel hoses; control arm bushings
Mike Miller does not address this: Don't forget AC hoses and power steering hoses

BTW, on my last car (E46 with 135k) in the last 30k miles the water pump and thermostat and AC tensioner pulley, radiator expansion tank, control arm bushings, and power steering hoses all had to be replaced...not proactively, but because they were failing! So attention in these areas is not 'preventative' but may be required to keep your car running.

Last edited by wilt; 03-14-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:07 AM

Mein Auto: '06 BMW 330i
Bmw 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post

there are a lot of DIY's here

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

have the plugs been done?
Is it a manual trans?

A lot more including some video's can be found but just outright
googling it.
It is an automatic. And i don't think they have I am not seeing it in any records. Could have been done though.