Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 03-14-2014, 03:29 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 325i Coupe`06
Exclamation CCC is dying! what can I do?

Hello everybody,

I have the well known CCC problem:
My CCC is in a "bootloop", it starts mostly on the first car start a day, but later on the second and further car starts it has a "bootloop". Sometimes after 5-40 minutes its getting bootet and working fine.
I have the problem since a month, sometimes its better, sometimes its worse.

I wanna start a thread here which hopefully will end in an HOW-TO thread for fixing the CCC.

What I did until now:

1. I read a thread in another forum where they reported that you can fix the CCC by replacing the capacitors form the power supply (from the CCC).
So I did, but nothing changed.

2. I also reseted the CCC with INPA, but also nothing changed.

Have you any ideas ? Where we/I can go on ?

Thanks in advance and

Greetings from Germany
Ads by Google
Old 03-14-2014, 04:10 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philvestment View Post
Hello everybody,

I have the well known CCC problem:
My CCC is in a "bootloop", it starts mostly on the first car start a day, but later on the second and further car starts it has a "bootloop". Sometimes after 5-40 minutes its getting bootet and working fine.
I have the problem since a month, sometimes its better, sometimes its worse.

I wanna start a thread here which hopefully will end in an HOW-TO thread for fixing the CCC.

What I did until now:

1. I read a thread in another forum where they reported that you can fix the CCC by replacing the capacitors form the power supply (from the CCC).
So I did, but nothing changed.

2. I also reseted the CCC with INPA, but also nothing changed.

Have you any ideas ? Where we/I can go on ?

Thanks in advance and

Greetings from Germany

Can't do much w/o data. Troubleshoot the unit - start with the power supply - verify power's within spec. How's she look?

Interesting you re-capped....electrolytic capacitors? Pic[s]?

Just looking at PCB's sometimes reveals a fault....look for toasted component[s].

Also, reseat connectors - oxidation's a b***h!
Old 03-14-2014, 04:26 AM

Ok, here is a pic of my power supply(sry didn't made more):[IMG][/IMG]

verify power's within spec -> Sry I have no specs... where can I get them?

In my eyes components didn't look toasted...

Whats PCB ?

Sry for bad english...
Old 03-14-2014, 04:36 AM

I think the interesting thing is, that once the CCC is booted it works fine for hours...
So the problem is connected to the boot process.
If its the power supply and considering that sometimes its working, I think I should disconnect the drives from the CCC maybe power is enough to boot every time --> Its the power supply.
But if it doesn't make a difference we should spend the power supply less attention.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philvestment View Post
Ok, here is a pic of my power supply(sry didn't made more):[IMG][/IMG]

verify power's within spec -> Sry I have no specs... where can I get them?

In my eyes components didn't look toasted...

Whats PCB ?

Sry for bad english...

Hmmmm....can's discolored - maybe heat/internal failure - and why is there a can? RF components?

3 toroids and honkin' big capacitors. Did you replace 'em all, identical parts spec? Equivalent Series Resistance is a good test for electrolytics.

Good question re: specs - don't have here - maybe a BMW coding forum.

Look for shiny residue on voltage regulators, diodes, and particularly circuit protection devices, due to release of 'magic smoke.' Come to think of it, might be a resettable fuse causing your issue due to recurring outta spec incoming power.

If all of this is like translating Greek, you need an electrical engineer to diagnose the unit, or someone with experience with circuit troubleshooting. Many Ham Radio operators are DIY engineers - could find a resource there. Luck!

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 03-15-2014 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:40 AM

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
Resetting with INPA does nothing. It's the same as resetting by holding the 2 eject buttons and the volume knob in. It's a soft reset.

Some people have had success in updating the software. You need an icom with a fiber optic connection to do this.

It's a risky process and people have bricked the whole system attempting it.

It's a very strict upgrade procedure. You must update modules on the most loop in a specific order. There are a few modules you must update and most can only be accessed with an icom head.

My ccc acts up in extreme temps. Really cold or hot and it freezes at boot. A soft reset always boots right up though

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 Rear Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |

Last edited by fdriller9; 03-14-2014 at 04:41 AM.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:21 AM

Hello everybody,

there are some bad news:

The ccc is getting worse and worse. Yesterday, when I started the car at midday the BMW logo appears shortly and disappeared instantly. Afterwards there were horizontal brush in the display, the ccc also didn't started yesterday.

Signs are bad. I give you updates as soon as possible.

Greetings
Old 03-26-2014, 04:42 AM

Hi Guy's,

I'm really disappointed about the BMW quality.
Since my last post the CCC didn't started at all and I use my car every day.
At ebay there are company's which advertise that they can fix every CCC for 150-200(206,94-275,92 US$) another thought was, that I can exchange my CCC with my local dealer for 750(1 034,7 US$).

But I don't want to give up, I try to get some information from the repair-company's , there must be ONE fault which causes these well known mistake.

I keep you up on date.

Greeting from germany
Old 03-26-2014, 05:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2007-335 HTC
you are persistent, I would have towed it to the BMW place and told them to fix the friggn car
Old 03-26-2014, 07:43 AM

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
If you end up spending more than $1000 on this repair.....skip the CCC.

Look into a CIC retrofit. It's the newer HD based Nav system is much better than the CCC.

Parts and install will run you about $1200-$2500 depending on options but if you're going to spend the money at all, you might as well upgrade.

Just a warning. If you ever need to update modules in the car, you cannot do it at a dealer unless you get a CCC unit installed. The dealer can only program the entire car, not individual modules.

There are work arounds....like if you're familiar with WinKFP, you can flash and update the modules yourself.

But to do the CIC upgrade, you need to trick the car into thinking it had a later production date by modifying the VO. This will prevent a dealer update because the production date will be "wrong."

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 Rear Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |

Last edited by fdriller9; 03-26-2014 at 07:44 AM.