Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)

F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
The 2 Series coupe is the replacement for the E82/E88 1 series coupe. Production starts in November 2013 on the 228i (N20) and M235i (N55) coupes. Look for them in dealerships in February 2014. The convertible F23 2 series will follow in the fall of 2014.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328XI
Dealer forgot moonroof?

Did my dealer forget to order moonroof?

I just checked my order on bmwusa.com and no moonroof is listed on the car or is included in the pictures. Its listed on my paperwork, did the dealer forget? Is there any way to check tonight?
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2014, 11:48 PM

Mein Auto:
I think it's standard on the M235 and part of the Premium pkg on the 228. I assume you ordered the 228 if you're worried. Maybe it's hidden under the premium pkg? Do you see the other premium pkg options?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 03-17-2014, 04:31 AM

Its not part of the prem pkg. Its a separate option on the 228i. I dont see it listed on the track my bmw site.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:42 AM

Mein Auto: '11 335d
The ordering guide I have has it in the ZPP for the 228i.
Mine #2: 2012 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 V6 'Ecoboost' twin turbo boat puller dump runner
Sold: 2006 330i Silver/Black MT, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW
Old 03-17-2014, 11:27 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 228i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterp652 View Post
Its not part of the prem pkg. Its a separate option on the 228i. I dont see it listed on the track my bmw site.
According to the bmwusa website, for the 228i a moonroof is listed under the Premium Package.

And the ordering guide linked on this website. Premium package ZPP has the moonroof.

Last edited by gbabichev1; 03-17-2014 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:22 PM
Ich bin schneller

Mein Auto: 2012 335is DCT
Did you happen to just get a car already in order status 112 or so? To my knowledge, dealers will often configure their cars as soon as they have an allocation open. They spec it as they see fit. Then a customer comes in with a request for a vehicle and they take the allocation already configured and make the necessary changes on the build sheet. This takes time for the website to reflect changes. I think my car was black when I first checked it. If you signed off on a build sheet, that should be a direct printout of what was put in the system.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:48 PM

Awaiting transport to port of exit. The moonroof is a stand alone option they changed that like 2 weeks after launch due to complaints. Is it possible the website is just wrong the dealer showed me the paperwork they did order it with a moonroof. Odds the website is off vs the factory forgetting?
Old 03-17-2014, 02:45 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 03 m3, waiting on m235i
Try putting your last 7 digits vin if you have them, go to

http://bmwvin.com

If your using "My BMW" on "bmwusa.com" and only have the production number, you can click on add and remove vehicle and remove the vehicle and it will show you the last 7 digit vin your removing if it has been assigned a vin yet, if not it will be blank. Then use those 7 characters on the link above.

Good luck, is it a 228 or M235i, the sunroof is STD on the M235i
Old 03-17-2014, 02:51 PM

Didn't know I could get the vin that way. I have heard the my bmw tracker can be wrong and the vin decoder tends to be accurate. I'll give it a try once the plane takes off. It's a 228i M-sport and the order sped icky adds 403- glass sunroof.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:53 PM

Stuplid plane wifi wont work enough to register to use it. the last seven of the vin is VW97921. Can someone run it for me?
Old 03-17-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Didn't know I could get the vin that way. I have heard the my bmw tracker can be wrong and the vin decoder tends to be accurate. I'll give it a try once the plane takes off. It's a 228i M-sport and the order sped icky adds 403- glass sunroof.
My BMW on bmwusa.com is usually 2-3 days behind, you can also talk to someone on the phone and I believe they are just reading the same info, most accurate info is to call you salesman and get him to print out the info he has, its most current from what I under stand.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:02 PM

Its not that the data is behind, its that the moonroof is not listed on the car and the car is done with production.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:50 PM

decoder finnaly worked and it does list the glass roof. does this mean its there? is the decoder more accurate than the track my bmw site?
Old 03-17-2014, 06:36 PM

Mein Auto: Yugo
Did you end up going with a manual or auto, Dexter?
Old 03-17-2014, 06:38 PM

manual
Old 03-17-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
decoder finnaly worked and it does list the glass roof. does this mean its there? is the decoder more accurate than the track my bmw site?
You would like to think "my bmw" on bmwusa.com was accurate because I don't know who wrote or maintains bmwvin.com. Here is another link I found that ends up pointing you to bmw aftermarket sales that gives you the same (or close to it) as bmwvin.com, the first link is not a actual bmw site but it tells you how to login to bmw aftermartket portal which appears to be bmw owned (someone correct me if Im wrong) but nothing can beat going thru you salesman to make sure you have it and make it a deal breaker if it comes in w/o a sunroof, its the only reason I did not get a 1M.

Follow directions exactly

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/accessories/electronic-parts-catalogue/electronic-parts-catalogue.html

You will need to put in the last 7 digits of your VIN and click the >> arrows, the next page will say

"Parts Search (Vehicle Parts), on the gray bar at the top, click options, should give you a listing like bmwvin.com
Old 03-17-2014, 09:04 PM

Shows on there as having the roof, also so does my dealer paperwork and order form. The dealer is tracking down whats going on there is some server glitch keeping BMWUSA from giving us an answer but i will keep on them. Dealer has stated if BMW messed this up at the factory then they will need to correct it. Have stated its a deal breaker but if the VIN number sites show it as correct I assume this means that the "MY BMW" site just sucks and doesnt reflect reality (my hope).

What i dont get is if a customer is calling about this and the car is sitting at the factory, why cant someone go out to the car take a picture and end the issue right there?
Old 03-18-2014, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Shows on there as having the roof, also so does my dealer paperwork and order form. The dealer is tracking down whats going on there is some server glitch keeping BMWUSA from giving us an answer but i will keep on them. Dealer has stated if BMW messed this up at the factory then they will need to correct it. Have stated its a deal breaker but if the VIN number sites show it as correct I assume this means that the "MY BMW" site just sucks and doesnt reflect reality (my hope).

What i dont get is if a customer is calling about this and the car is sitting at the factory, why cant someone go out to the car take a picture and end the issue right there?
If the order form you have from the dealership says it has moonroof, your covered IMO but to get individual questions answered for buyers takes the salesman away from talking to customers, they would have to contact area rep or someone they knew in bmwna who knew someone in Germany who would do this for them taking away from production, all costing everyone money, once they do for one, I would say its out of the norm. I just wished bmwna would make ordering more flexible, each country seems different, look at bmw.co.uk and bmw.ca

There has been 3 ordering and pricing guides dated 12/9, 12/19 and 1/14, I attached the ones for 12/9 showing the sunroof is not under options and you had to order ZPP to get, I remember when these first come out, people here trashing that decision and rightly so. Just seems they had problems getting the order system correct on this one of let the ordering guides out too early or leaked to early and not fully verified. I have attached the ordering and pricing guide for 12/9, check it out, sunroof is not an option

Did you order it as a separate option or order ZPP. I think the programming piece in My BMW on bmwusa.com has not been updated and is probably still working on the order guide from 12/9.

I had a similar problem with sensatec/leatherette not being on the first order and when it did come out on 1/14, I found it 5 days later, I feel although they are most interested in sales, they have morning meetings, they should have known how bad I wanted that option (even willing not to order ZPP) and conacted me but my the time I found out 5 days later my car was in production. They did the right thing and re-ordered the car.,

Also my car does not show option BMW Apps when you run it thru the website I gave you or bmwvin.com but a few days later found where they combined BMW Apps with BMW Online and its now option 6AK instead of separately listing BMW Apps 6NR and started on week build 10, the build week of my car, check out the thread I posted here on this site

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=758685&highlight=

I just wished bmwna would be more flexible in the ordering instead of trying to put things in packages they know people want to drive up profits but its a for profit company, I cant blame them but its been like that ever since I have been ordering cars, there is always an option you want in a package.

For example, I think since bmw.co.uk and bmw.ca along with all the other countries have ordering options all different or close to ours, they would allow simple special orders, I really wanted sensatec, looking at the ETK the seat is the same only the cushion and covering is different, why I could not order ZPP with leather seat delete substituting with sensatec I do not know why, I was even willing to still pay full price for the ZPP package.

It use to be a few years ago, Comfort Access was a separate option, not of the cars on bmwusa.com has it as a standalone option on the 2, 3, 4 series cars so it can be done, its just up to bmwusa and maximizing profits IMHO

I do agree they have to maximize profits plus over the last 10 years IMO, bmw has become more about the main stream buyer instead of the enthusiasts (ie electronic steering), I know its not going to feel like any of the cars I have owned in the past, BMW claims it saves gas mileage, also build problems with the size areas

But check all that out, if you have a piece of paper stating that option, I would personally think you have a 100% change of getting it even if the car has to be re-ordered

Last edited by damills; 03-18-2014 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Added 12/9 ordering and pricing guides
Old 03-18-2014, 07:07 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 328i
Are you buying from Keeler or Capital Cities?
'06 Mini Cooper S
'66 Morgan 4/4
'01 Toyota Tacoma
'73 Porsche 911T
'73 BMW 2002tii
Old 03-18-2014, 07:32 PM

Mein Auto: Yugo
Quote:
Originally Posted by damills View Post
I do agree they have to maximize profits plus over the last 10 years IMO, bmw has become more about the main stream buyer instead of the enthusiasts (ie electronic steering), I know its not going to feel like any of the cars I have owned in the past, BMW claims it saves gas mileage, also build problems with the size areas
Electronic steering is more of a reaction to emissions and efficiency ratings than a desire for mass market appeal. We've have over boosted and dead feeling hydraulic setups in cars for years. Just sucks that the auto makers that actually got the steering feel right in their mechanical setup are now forced to give us some facsimile instead.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
Electronic steering is more of a reaction to emissions and efficiency ratings than a desire for mass market appeal. We've have over boosted and dead feeling hydraulic setups in cars for years. Just sucks that the auto makers that actually got the steering feel right in their mechanical setup are now forced to give us some facsimile instead.
I can see EPS effecting efficiency and also a factor of room in engine bay but my question I don't understand is how hydraulic steering effects emisssions, more gas usage

Last edited by damills; 03-20-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:15 PM
Ich bin schneller

Hydraulic steering uses the engine power to function, kind of like an alternator does. It is is connected by a belt, and thus it is parasitic. EPS saves a few percentage points, but like weight reduction, a bit here, a bit there and suddenly we have 20% fuel efficiency. To answer your question, yes, more gas usage. Anything that robs power from the engine is going to cause the engine to work that much harder to sustain output.

Last edited by hyperzulu; 03-20-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:31 PM

Mein Auto: M235i
MyBMW

I went to MYBMW and registered placing my ordered car's vin number in. The site shows my car in the production stage. The dealer said it would be in the dealership in two weeks as it was one of their allotted cars. My question concerns the salesperson not being totally honest or the Track My BMW is off. I don't trust salespersons. Help
Old 03-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Ich bin schneller

There is an 800 number that has an automated prompt and can get you a live rep to look into it for you and answer questions. Search for it and call.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:51 AM

Mein Auto: M235i
Thanks

Thanks I will look for the 800 number