Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 03-23-2014, 07:11 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: bmw 525i 2005 e60 sedan
catless dp or catless pipes

Apparently now in nj its not jus getting rid of the check engine light with a tune its when they plug it in to the obd port and if it says "not ready" than the car wont pass could one bring it to a private inspection place pay the guy and pass I heard ppl in jersey did this. dont answer this saying "oh look up threads for this" or this is a dumb question that died off a longtime ago" im askin bc out of all the threads ive heard different things so i want to get final thoughts
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2014, 08:57 AM

Mein Auto: 2000 328i
Since I live in NJ and have to breath the exhaust coming for your tailpipe, i think you should keep the cats. Removing them will give just a couple of HP and only at very high revs.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 03-23-2014, 09:04 AM

So u want me to keep em on just for u? Stupid comments like that is exacrly what im talkin bout. Dont even reply pointless and not helpful at all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 03-23-2014, 09:36 AM

Mein Auto: 328i LCI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesching View Post
So u want me to keep em on just for u?
Essentially, your state tests for emissions through the OBD port. If you recently cleared a "check engine" light, you car will need to complete a driving cycle before the monitors report a pass, fail; otherwise they report "not ready". Your car will obviously not pass, so you're here asking if we know anybody who you can pay off to pass you illegally.

(just a translation for everyone else, since I could barely understand what he was saying)
Old 03-23-2014, 10:56 AM

So how come ppl have passed with these mods if u jus gonna sit here nd make fun of the way I speak dont comment at all ur opinions irrelevant
Old 03-23-2014, 12:38 PM

Mein Auto: 328i
not sure about nj, but state inspection places are lic. by the state. the results of your inspection are downloaded to the state, as part of the dmv record . not sure about a " private" inspection place as state safety inspections are a regulatory function and if an emission test is required in that area i believe that is a federal requirement based on residency . in texas for instance , harris and the surrounding counties require an emission test with the state safety inspection.tom green co in west texas , not so much.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:55 PM
I Know Nothing

Mein Auto: '10 E92 335i
Try here. They'll probably have your answer.

E90post.com

2010 E92 335i
2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2007 E93 328i (Sold)
2002 Ford Focus SVT (Sold)
2001 Ford SVT Lightning (Sold)
1983 BMX (Totaled... Twice)
Old 03-23-2014, 01:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
So how come ppl have passed with these mods if u jus gonna sit here nd make fun of the way I speak dont comment at all ur opinions irrelevant

Your anger is great and powerful, Hep Cat!

And your abbreviations signal serious intent.

I believe this site's way too light weight - you should draw your own conclusions, as you've read all about it, and let us know what's good.

Oh, and posting intent to discard your cats might not be the smart move in a public forum. Just sayin'.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:40 PM

Mein Auto: '07 E90
Quote:
There should be standard grammar and spelling tests as a requirement to join this forum. Possibly even a general personality assessment.

You own a BMW, please act like it.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335D Msport
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
Your anger is great and powerful, Hep Cat!

And your abbreviations signal serious intent.

I believe this site's way too light weight - you should draw your own conclusions, as you've read all about it, and let us know what's good.

Oh, and posting intent to discard your cats might not be the smart move in a public forum. Just sayin'.
Move to a state that doesn't test for emissions is his answer. Big brother is watching us more and more every day. BB probably has a way of linking our VIN to the IP address we are talking through.

I was shopping for a used car with my GF (for her son). We stop at a home in her neighborhood to look at one. I notice that the car's sticker is expired (and check engine light is lit) and ask the owner. She says "owe i have one". I point out that a new sticker can only be applied by inspector. She replies "i have a hookup". We left soon after.

Texas used to be real strict but i see examples of this more and more. I see cars on the road smoking and looking very unsafe but have the sticker
Old 03-26-2014, 06:35 PM

yeah bb, biggest smoke offenders seem to be ram diesels where they dump fuel ( as it was explained to me) into the exhaust to make smoke like a pt boat on an attack run. no performance benefit i know of, kinda like train horns. me? i gotta spend 2 months tracking down a gas cap fault code. go figure. been told if u get pulled over your last inspection date comes up on the computer in the leo car.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:29 PM
Omnia moderata ratione

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cuda View Post
Texas used to be real strict but i see examples of this more and more. I see cars on the road smoking and looking very unsafe but have the sticker
BB,
As you well know it's just the big counties like Harris that have the strict emissions requirements. Have a vehicle that has an issue? Drive it to one of the surrounding counties like Brazoria, or Wharton or Liberty and you can probably find somebody who for a few dollars will "hook you up". Meanwhile, those of us who continue to "play fair" also pay the price.

Just a matter of who you know and what your are your ethics.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 03-27-2014, 05:54 AM

believe you have to have your car inspected where registered . i bought a car from liberty co. and had to have it re-inspected in harris to get tags
Old 03-27-2014, 12:07 PM

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
If these downpipes are for your 525, they fill not fit.

Downpipes are for boosted engines....so the x35 models.

You can get catless headers, not downpipes.

They sell catless fixes that fool the DME and allow it to set the O2 readiness monitor so you can pass emissions.

Burger sells a fix for the N54 but it will work on non-N54 engines. I know people who have gotten them to work on N52 engines. You just have to make sure the pinout is the same.

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 03-27-2014, 12:45 PM
Fest Wrks

Mein Auto: 07 335i coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bean View Post
Since I live in NJ and have to breath the exhaust coming for your tailpipe, i think you should keep the cats. Removing them will give just a couple of HP and only at very high revs.

This guy...

Go for the catless.. as of last year they only check emissions in NJ and they have a DP fix that you can buy for cheap and you'll pass our state inspection
Black Sapphire 6MT
BMS JB+ & DCI
Turbosmart BOV
Old 03-27-2014, 08:07 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: FBO 07 e92 335i
Quote:
Apparently now in nj its not jus getting rid of the check engine light with a tune its when they plug it in to the obd port and if it says "not ready" than the car wont pass could one bring it to a private inspection place pay the guy and pass I heard ppl in jersey did this. dont answer this saying "oh look up threads for this" or this is a dumb question that died off a longtime ago" im askin bc out of all the threads ive heard different things so i want to get final thoughts
u need a DP fix to pass inspection
Angel Eyes 99$
Old 03-28-2014, 04:05 AM

Mein Auto: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeNun View Post
This guy...

Go for the catless.. as of last year they only check emissions in NJ and they have a DP fix that you can buy for cheap and you'll pass our state inspection
Really?
Grow up.

Old 03-28-2014, 04:38 AM
Fest Wrks

Mein Auto: 07 335i coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bean View Post
Really?
Grow up.

Make me.. lol I wasn't acting childish, but I can if you'd like.
Black Sapphire 6MT
BMS JB+ & DCI
Turbosmart BOV