Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)

X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
The all new F15 BMW X5 started production August 2013 as a 2014 model year. The new X5 arrives in sDrive35i (RWD), xDrive35i, xDrive50i and a diesel xDrive 35d.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '12 F10, '14 F15
N55 JB4 Stage 1 DIY

I have received a few questions on how easy is the installation and removal on the JB4 Stage 1 for the F15 N55. So, here is the DIY.

Feel free to PM if help needed in purchasing them.

There are 4 pairs of connectors and 4 wires coming out of the 25-pin D-Sub connector.

- D-Sub connector: Connected to the module
- 4 wires (Black/Brown/Red/Green): Not used (For other application)
- Purple / Black wire connector: Not used (For other application)
- Blue wire connector: Not used (For other application)
- Brown / Black wire connector: For MAP sensor
- Rainbow wire connector: For TMAP sensor

Now, let's the work begin.

Step 1:
Remove the airbox, using flat screwdriver to loosen up the hose clamp and Torx T25 for the 6 screws on the airbox. You need to remove the airbox for easy access to the MAP sensor.

Step 2:
Unplug from the MAP sensor and connect it to the Brown/Black wiring plug pairs from the JB wiring.
** The new BMW plugs are not as easy to take off, you may want to use a flat screwdriver to flip the tab.

Step 3:
Unplug from TMAP sensor and connect it to the Rainbow wiring plug pairs from the JB Wiring.
** The new BMW plugs are not as easy to take off, you may want to use a flat screwdriver to flip the tab.

Step 4:
Replace and secure the airbox to its original place.

Last step:
Reroute the cable to your liking. Do secure the module so it is not dangling in the engine bay by the wire.

That's all, enjoy the additional power.
Oh, remember, this module is designed for OFF-ROAD use only ** Regular Legal Disclaimer for any aftermarket mods **

Technically, you don't need to remove them for every service as it is not detectable. But, if you have a very anal SA or bringing the car for warranty claim, I suggest you to remove it.

2014 F15 sDrive35i M Sport
2012 F10 528i

Last edited by r33; 03-29-2014 at 07:45 AM.
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2014, 08:22 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 550GT, 2011 535I
You don't need to unplug anything. Just use a N55 Juice Box Performance Tuner software and a special cable that connects to the juice booster. set Boost to "0". This will bring the car back to stock...