Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)

X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
The all new F15 BMW X5 started production August 2013 as a 2014 model year. The new X5 arrives in sDrive35i (RWD), xDrive35i, xDrive50i and a diesel xDrive 35d.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:24 AM

Mein Auto: M6
Outgoing E70 X5D Lemon - Incoming F15....

My girlfriend's X5D once again decided to take a crap; its last.... We purchased it new in 2010 & had many issues with the emissions equipment / CEL's since very early in it's life - to the point where we had to threaten BMW with the lemon law... The dealership offered to extend the warranty to 100k for free & collect the X5 / leave a loaner whenever it required servicing. My GF loved her X5 regardless of the issues & we have a great relationship with the dealer, so decided to take the offer.... I believe that BMW added extra emissions stuff to enable the diesel to pass CA smog requirements & it proved troublesome. Of course between 25k miles and 122k (yes, she drives the X5 around 80miles a day) the X5 was pretty solid and reliable - just regular maintenance etc...

All was well until 2 weeks ago when it started overboosting & went into limp mode on her way in to the office; took it straight to the dealer and after a couple of days investigating they say the turbos need replacing. At minimum.... Cost was going to be somewhere between $7-11k depending on what else they found in the process... I researched all of the error codes & was pretty shocked with some of the threads / information I found.

Bye bye....

Without hesitation, the dealer gave us a very reasonable 'as is' trade in value, honored the $1200 in loyalty points that had expired a few months ago & discounted the MSRP by around 4%.... Plus they're providing a loaner for the entire time between ordering & delivery. We couldn't really complain with that treatment.

We did test drive a few other options such as the Cayenne S / MB GL450, but felt that the F15 was a better all rounder & she loved it.

So, we ordered her an F15 on Monday in the following spec:

Xdrive35i
Xline
Dark Graphite (glad we were able to see this color in person as the configurator shows it darker than it really is)
Mocha Nappa
Brushed aluminum
Premium package
Cold weather package
Multi contour seats / luxury seating
20" 451 wheels
Premium sound
Rear view camera / surround view

Should be here in ~4 weeks & we're looking forward to not having to deal with a diesel!

I'll be curious to see if BMW managed to work out all of the bugs for the F15 diesel variant.

Last edited by Nurburger; 04-02-2014 at 07:27 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 04-02-2014, 08:01 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 35D
Thats a lot of driving! If you don't mind posting some of the codes so that we could figure out what us fellow 35D owners might have to look forward to.

| ZCW | ZPP | ZPS | ZRC | ZSP | ZTP | 322 | 2VA | 456 | 4AD | 4UB | 610 | 655 | 6FF | 6FL | Combox + CIC + LCI Headlight/Tailight retro |
Old 04-02-2014, 09:30 AM

Mein Auto: M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
Thats a lot of driving! If you don't mind posting some of the codes so that we could figure out what us fellow 35D owners might have to look forward to.
Not sure if I'll be able to... I left all of the paperwork with the X5D at the dealership. I'll try to look though my search history.

Yes, lots of miles!
Old 04-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X5 35i Premium
Lets just hope that your new first model year F15 will be bug and problem free....
2007 525i - Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Nevada Leather, Premium package, CWP, 6MT.