Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 04-04-2014, 10:45 AM

Mein Auto: 328xi
[B]2007 335xi - turbo lag after dealer oil change[/B]

Took my '07 335xi (6 speed manual, 82k miles# in for an oil change at the dealer. Afterward the guy moving the car to the front door slid on some ice into a snow bank and cracked the front bumper and right side fog light. Dealer covered the repairs - had the car for 2 weeks - gave me a loaner (2014 X1).

I picked my car up late last week and immediately noticed a turbo lag when I'm accelerating onto the highway.

Prior to the work, the car would react immediately with prompt and significant acceleration. No noticeable lag - Now it gets up to about 4k RPMs and feels like it's "governed" at that speed. I shift to a higher gear and when I get to 5th or 6th gear, then after 2 to 3 seconds I feel the turbo kick in.

This isn't right!

Could this have anything to do with the driver adaptation of the car and I need to wait for it to re-learn my driving habits? And if so, how long should that take? #It's been a week with no change#.

Thanks,
Todd inMA

Last edited by Todd inMA; 04-04-2014 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Want to bold the text in the title
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2014, 11:51 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 335i
More than likely it was a software update. BMW put one out to reduce the chance that cars would present with the waste gate rattle. It caused a noticeable turbo lag in my car. I got the update that eliminated it.

See here. http://www.bmwblog.com/2008/11/18/bm...rbo-lag-issue/

See if they updated software at all. It might be your problem. Your car is from that window.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:51 PM

Mein Auto: 08 335i 6MT convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburke4689 View Post
More than likely it was a software update. BMW put one out to reduce the chance that cars would present with the waste gate rattle. It caused a noticeable turbo lag in my car. I got the update that eliminated it.

See here. http://www.bmwblog.com/2008/11/18/bm...rbo-lag-issue/

See if they updated software at all. It might be your problem. Your car is from that window.
I read the article. Does this mean that the dealer will re-program the car with the older laggy software or will they use the newer post 2009 sw? Or do you have to specifically ask for it?